[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

Would be really nice to have the mod split into several packages: vanilla(the core boxsat version), communications pack(various antennae & MM patches for RT2), science pack(scansat scanners, science modules). So it would be very convenient to have different packages, so one could select the packs he needs without a necessity to dive into mod & remove unnecessary parts and configs. This would be rather user-friendly, imho.

The whole pack can still be all stock if you didn't know stock as science parts and antenna parts you are free to delete what you don't want.

EDIT- To be more clear if you delete all the cfg then they will work just like the stock parts do

Edited by Mecripp2

I just updated boxsat and ... now it dont seem too be working with RT2. It was before. what did i do ?

Grab the rt2 config from the optional module manager folder and move it to the active module manager files folder in your BoxSat folder.

I love this mod. I created an account specifically to tell you that this mod is awesome.

I do also have two requests if you are so inclined. I would love to see a square stack separator, so I could separate a fuel section once i get an orbit, if needed. I would also love to see some integration with DMagic Orbital Science mod. He made some parts for the Universal Storage mod, and I think some parts for the box would really add some nice science options to this.

But even without those things, this mod is fantastic! Keep up the great work!

I'm not quite sure what that is on top of the BoxSat, but it is from another mod. Not entirely sure which one either - maybe Kaa253 can chime in here? :)

The instrument on the top of the BoxSat is from the Mission Controller 2 mod which adds contracts and adjusts the game economy. It doesn't do much but I needed to deliver it to the Mun to get paid. So it was the whole point of that mission really.

Yep, I just started playing with Box Sat tonight. Guess that part is from a different mod.

I'm curious where those micro landing struts are from too...

The micro landing struts are the stock LT-5 Micro Landing Strut just scaled down to 0.625 size using the TweakScale mod. Actually there are some better looking tiny landing legs in the AIES mod but last I tried them they were broken at KSP 0.23. I should re-check them as they can probably be fixed and would be ideal for BoxSat use.

and before someone asks :)... other useful small 0.625 scale parts are from the RLA Stockalike mod. That BoxSat Mun Lander uses the MPR-1 Monopropellent Engine which has the perfect max thrust of just 1.0.

Thanks again for BoxSat, its a wonderful mod.

And here's me using BoxSat in my current 0.24.2 game (heavily modded). I'm experimenting with ground operations at KSC and having a blast. The album is large. Enjoy.

OMG I never thought of making a crane with the Lorrys from KSO, Next project....... Check!

Hello to all.

I just upgraded to A.02a and now my HD-40 Hinged Dish antenna is not opening. Has anyone else seen this and or have any suggestions. I am setting up a clean stripped test bed ksp to start trouble shooting. I was just thinking that someone may have stumbled upon this and might know the answer.

Many thanks.

Hello to all.

I just upgraded to A.02a and now my HD-40 Hinged Dish antenna is not opening. Has anyone else seen this and or have any suggestions. I am setting up a clean stripped test bed ksp to start trouble shooting. I was just thinking that someone may have stumbled upon this and might know the answer.

Many thanks.

If you have ModuleManager.*.*.* installed and you also copy'ed the Optional ModuleManager files in your KSP/GameData ? if so try zipping up or delete the RT2 file.

Hello to all.

MeCripp is likely correct on this. The RemoteTech_BoxSat.cfg disables the normal antenna function for all of then antennas. You should find that none of the antennas work for this to be the case. If only this antenna is not working then something else may be wrong. Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Just a thought, I really like the functionality of this mod and I want to incorporate it into my stations, however the circular parts I usually use just don't match the box, will we be seeing a [] -> O adapter or does anybody know other mods which would include a matching part?

Fantastic work by the way, probably my favorite mod out there. Get giddy every time I replace the components due to failures.

Edited by Huzke
i - I

Just a thought, I really like the functionality of this mod and I want to incorporate it into my stations, however the circular parts I usually use just don't match the box, will we be seeing a [] -> O adapter or does anybody know other mods which would include a matching part?

Fantastic work by the way, probably my favorite mod out there. Get giddy every time I replace the components due to failures.

I think you'll find that the Modular Girder Adapter is a decent fit for adapting the BoxSat frame to 1.25m parts.

What time zone are you basing the poll off? Or are you asking users relative to them self?

I made the times kind of a broad definition to cover time zones from EST to PST (America). I'd like to cater to more of the world, but I have a 9 month old daughter that makes sure I wake up at 6am every day. If the streams are popular enough, I can try to figure out how to get the broadcasts to stay up for a given amount of time so people can watch them if they choose.

An excellent mod, i'm really enjoying it, apart from a weird bug i'm still trying to nail down; about halfway up an accent with FAR + Fairings, I lose the omni directional antenna and one solar panel, but never the other one. I'm tempted to rebuild the ship from scratch, but its such a nice lifter... (yes, I know of subassemblies :D)

On a more user oriented question, does anyone else use these with RT2 + 6.4x Kerbin RSS? I run into the trouble of not being able to fit enough batteries in the critter to survive a trip around the dark side. Ought I multiply the capacity of them by 6.4, perhaps? This seems not quite right/kludgy.

On a more user oriented question, does anyone else use these with RT2 + 6.4x Kerbin RSS? I run into the trouble of not being able to fit enough batteries in the critter to survive a trip around the dark side. Ought I multiply the capacity of them by 6.4, perhaps? This seems not quite right/kludgy.

For 6.4x Kerbin I'd suggest increasing the rescaling to double size and multiplying all volume derived values by 8. That would give you a better scaled vehice for such operations. I'm not especially familiar with 6.4x kerbin but I may make a mm config if there is demand.

An excellent mod, i'm really enjoying it, apart from a weird bug i'm still trying to nail down; about halfway up an accent with FAR + Fairings, I lose the omni directional antenna and one solar panel, but never the other one. I'm tempted to rebuild the ship from scratch, but its such a nice lifter... (yes, I know of subassemblies :D)

Regular fairings? I've had no problems using procedural fairings, but I do recall having issues with the KW fairings. There may be a minor clipping issue or something where the probe body wiggles just enough to lose out on the shielding. But with PF, it give enough room. I've never lost anything since I switched (well, except the time I stuck a SCANSat antenna on the back of a probe, and it FUBAR'd all my burns once I was down to the last stage; 2.5m lifters, while overkill, do tend to dampen CoM offsets).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.