[1.12.x] Asteroid Recycling Technologies

RoverDude

Ok I got to Seriously Ask .. did you read my post? at all .. its referring to parts that were from another mod ( one that was not Roverduds, Asteroid Cities but he took over the parts from dtobi ) he was going too put it in Regolith last i heard, and that was long ago. I was asking about them... because I assume they would be moved to this .. but i dont know. Last I checked when you dont know something you ask

Yes I did read it, and the only actual question you asked was "if this mod is still a thing." Now maybe if you had asked if Roverdude was planning on integrating Asteroid cities the reply would have been, probably after he shakes the bees out of ART. But you didn't actually ask that.

Ok .. it was pointed out how I worded it very wrong. I am ungodly dyslexic (way more then most ppl who are). I tend to type how I am thinking and not how it should be to everyone else. To me it seems right. The question I was trying too ask was "Anyhow .. Just wondering on the fate these parts" referring to Asteroid Cities and if its parts are still A thing.

Lets Rearrange it to normal ppl standers.

I know at one point you had take over Asteroid Cities (parts) and were planning on adding them to Regolith. However, Regolith has ending due to your work in stock. I assume you are going to add the parts from Asteroid Cities too A.R.T. (I hate the stock claws, Loved the ones from Asteroid Cites & ART) Anyhow .. Just wondering on the fate these parts.

• 2 weeks later...
Still waiting on proper WIS lol. +1 person patiently waiting for this mod.

Yea, WIS is never gonna happen. I wondered if I would shake out any EVE players on that one. Heck T3 rebalancing was "soon" like 2 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for asking this, but could someone explain the difference between A.R.T. and A.M.T.? They have separate downloads on the USI catalog page but only ART has a unique thread (i.e. this one). If I want to mine asteroids for *good stuffs*, what do I need?

I'm sorry for asking this, but could someone explain the difference between A.R.T. and A.M.T.? They have separate downloads on the USI catalog page but only ART has a unique thread (i.e. this one). If I want to mine asteroids for *good stuffs*, what do I need?

ART is primarily for hollowing out asteroids to use for storage. I'm not positive but I'd say AMT is largely useless at this point. It was for mining asteroids, which is now something that is available in stock.

Pretty much that. Also I'll be merging all of my asteroid mods into one.

Thanks for the heads up on that Roverdude! I haven't been using AMT lately, so I'll remove it and await the repack.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rover, may I suggest adding more stuff to asteroids themselves with this? Such as them appearing in different places, inclinations and eccentricities around places, this is already done a bit with Asteroid Day, so you could do some configuring to make it possible to track them or find them without the SENTINEL or the asteroid day mod, meaning you can do more cool stuff like: Asteroid coming into Kerbin flyby, after Kerbin flyby it will be in a very eccentric orbit around Kerbol, which brings it out to Jools orbit at ap and Eve's orbit at Pe, make a base there and piggyback off of it. That gives me another idea, why not have stuff for USI LS with this? Not just storage for supplies and stuff, as in, turning rocks into other materials such as water for the hydroponics module, and such, water would make sense as the asteroid could have water Ice in it. I like the idea of the crew hatch, too, it would be awesome to have a bunch of modules inside of the asteroid, but entered through the exterior of it, like the crew hatch. Such as a hydroponics module, nuclear reactor and maybe even science lab! Another cool thing would be the ability to place flags on asteroids. I really like the concept of this mod, but won't be using it yet as I have yet to rendezvous with an asteroid. Oh, oh! Another idea, more material extraction from rocks, it would be awesome to extract enricheduranium from rocks, and expanding on one of my previous ideas, extract water Ice, which could be used for melting into water, as a heatsink kind of thing. (probably wouldn't work in a realistic situation but who cares?) You might also be able to extract metals, and the like for use in MKS/OKS. Good luck with the mod, and I hope you have fun making it.

I've had an asteroid come within 1000km of Kerbin before. Is that a rare thing? I don't even have any mods to alter asteroid orbits. I was looking forward to slowing it down and setting up a base on it in orbit around Kerbin, but then the updates happened and ART went obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.