[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I ate the most disgusting peanuts I think I've ever eaten and a big mouthful of cookies and cream fudge. I'm eating lunch/dinner now (which thankfully is much better than peanuts), but was feeling less shaky after the peanuts+fudge :D

So, I kept working on the multiple launchpads. Fixed a good number of bugs, improved the handling of destroyed objects (no longer a single destroyed/not destroyed variable, but instead keeps track of every destructible [like fuel tanks, the flag pole, etc]). Please do some testing, and after I get at least one vote of approval saying it's bug free enough I'll release it as 1.2.3 :)

(small caveat, anyone who used build 150 to 153, I think your saves aren't compatible. I can fix them if you upload them)

by the way... I had a most surprisingly surprise when trying to recover vessel to inventory... a rover around KSC. I want to recover to SPH but was in front of VAB, result was explosive, with the VAB burning to the ground and the rover being propelled a long way...

by the way... I had a most surprisingly surprise when trying to recover vessel to inventory... a rover around KSC. I want to recover to SPH but was in front of VAB, result was explosive, with the VAB burning to the ground and the rover being propelled a long way...

I am not even sure how that could happen... :confused:

All the code does is try to make a craft file from a vessel, then calls the normal recovery code. I can't begin to imagine how that would result in such an explosive adventure, though I don't doubt that it did. Definitely sounds like a fair time to load the quicksave that KCT makes before trying to run that code.

Got one of those "ERROR! ... UNPLAYABLE.. " messages after returning to the KSC. I've got like 20 ships in the hopper but nothing currently being built.

Version 1.2.2.0 from CKAN, running Linux 64-bit (Ubuntu)

Exiting to main menu and reloading the save game doesn't help. Restarting KSP (a 5 minute process with my modlist) did the trick in fixing it.

Log File

Edited by westamastaflash

Other people have reported this with the same exact same error being logged. For the one, removing Mission Controller seemed to fix it, but I don't think you have that. SCANsat is always what throws the fatal blow, but I'm not totally sure what's throwing that off in the first place :/

[SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading 5 known vessels

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SCANsat.SCANcontroller+<>c__DisplayClass1d.<registerSensor>b__1c (.Vessel a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.registerSensor (Guid id, SCANtype sensors, Double fov, Double min_alt, Double max_alt, Double best_alt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioDiscoverableObjects.<UpdateAsteroids>m__2F3 (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioDiscoverableObjects.UpdateAsteroids (Double UT) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioDiscoverableObjects+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
ScenarioDiscoverableObjects:Start()

[SCANsat] All Height Maps Generated

[8/31/2015 8:49:47 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Science ready

[8/31/2015 8:49:47 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - PartLoader ready

at ScienceChecklist.GameHelper.<GetOnboardScience>b__0 (.Vessel x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Vessel].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScienceChecklist.GameHelper.GetOnboardScience (Boolean CheckDebris) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScienceChecklist.ExperimentFilter.RefreshExperimentCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScienceChecklist.ScienceWindow.RefreshExperimentCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScienceChecklist.ScienceChecklistAddon+<WaitForRnDAndPartLoader>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[DM] Failed To Load Vessel; Mag Orbital Parameter Reset

ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'ScanKerbinLoRes'. The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.

8/31/2015 8:49:47 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready

8/31/2015 8:49:49 PM,CapCom,CapCom Contracts Loaded...

[KCT] ERROR! An error while KCT loading data occurred. Things will be seriously broken!

This always happens on the scene change where the message pops up, but doesn't seem like it's specific to any mod. It's definitely related though.

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()
at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.DisposeResourceList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.CreateResourceList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Other people have reported this with the same exact same error being logged. For the one, removing Mission Controller seemed to fix it, but I don't think you have that. SCANsat is always what throws the fatal blow, but I'm not totally sure what's throwing that off in the first place :/

This always happens on the scene change where the message pops up, but doesn't seem like it's specific to any mod. It's definitely related though.

Thanks for looking at it. You're right, no Mission Controller here. But 224 mods installed from CKAN, so it's a bit crowded on my blizzy toolbar...

It seems that I have been hit with that message as well. It could very well be from the round of updates I did today, this included both SCANSat and KCT and 7 others.

I got a whole bunch of these:

[EXC 15:29:07.824] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Transform.get_rotation ()
IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[LOG 15:29:07.828] 9/2/2015 3:29:07 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[EXC 15:29:07.829] NullReferenceException
IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[LOG 15:29:07.836] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFE6DF36][2626.69]: FlightGlobals are not valid yet.
[LOG 15:29:07.838] 9/2/2015 3:29:07 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[EXC 15:29:07.839] NullReferenceException
IVASun.LateUpdate ()
[LOG 15:29:07.824] 9/2/2015 3:29:07 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

And then later I have:

[LOG 15:29:25.787] DF.DFIntMemory[FFE60ACC][2635.86]: DFIntMemory end Awake
[LOG 15:29:25.787] DF.DFGameSettings[1E2B9E40][2635.86]: DFGameSettings finished loading FrozenKerbals
[LOG 15:29:25.787] DF.DFGameSettings[1E2B9E40][2635.86]: DFGameSettings finished loading KnownVessels
[LOG 15:29:25.787] DF.DFGameSettings[1E2B9E40][2635.86]: DFGameSettings finished loading KnownParts
[LOG 15:29:25.787] DF.DFGameSettings[1E2B9E40][2635.86]: DFGameSettings Loading Complete
[LOG 15:29:25.787] DF.DeepFreeze[FFE60ACE][2635.86]: DeepFreeze Child Load Call for ScenarioLogic (DF.DeepFreezeGUI)
[LOG 15:29:25.787] DF.DeepFreeze[FFE60ACE][2635.86]: Scenario: SPACECENTER OnLoad:
SCENARIO
{
name = DeepFreeze
scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
DFGameSettings
{
Enabled = True
}
}

root
{
DFSettings
{
DFwindowPosX = 40
DFwindowPosY = 440
CFwindowPosX = 450
CFwindowPosY = 440
DFKACwindowPosX = 600
DFKACwindowPosY = 440
ECreqdForFreezer = False
UseAppLauncher = True
debugging = False
AutoRecoverFznKerbals = True
KSCcostToThawKerbal = 10000
ECReqdToFreezeThaw = 3000
GlykerolReqdToFreeze = 5
RegTempReqd = False
RegTempFreeze = 300
RegTempMonitor = 400
heatamtMonitoringFrznKerbals = 100
heatamtThawFreezeKerbal = 1000
TempinKelvin = True
defaultTimeoutforCrewXfer = 30
cryopodResettimeDelay = 3
DFWindowWidth = 420
CFWindowWidth = 340
KACWindowWidth = 485
ECLowWarningTime = 3600
EClowCriticalTime = 900
}
}

[LOG 15:29:25.788] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading 3 known vessels
[EXC 15:29:25.788] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
SCANsat.SCANcontroller+<>c__DisplayClass1d.<registerSensor>b__1c (.Vessel a)
System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Vessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
SCANsat.SCANcontroller.registerSensor (Guid id, SCANtype sensors, Double fov, Double min_alt, Double max_alt, Double best_alt)
SCANsat.SCANcontroller.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host)
ScenarioRunner+
.MoveNext ()
[LOG 15:29:26.188] DF.DFIntMemory[FFE60ACC][2635.86]: There are 2 unknownKerbals in the game roster.
[LOG 15:29:26.188] DF.DFIntMemory[FFE60ACC][2635.86]: There are 55 crew Kerbals in the game roster.
[EXC 15:29:26.202] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.<FixedUpdate>b__0 (.Vessel v)
System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Vessel].MoveNext ()
LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 15:29:26.207] [SCANsat] All Height Maps Generated
[WRN 15:29:26.207] [9/2/2015 3:29:26 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Science ready
[WRN 15:29:26.207] [9/2/2015 3:29:26 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - PartLoader ready
[EXC 15:29:26.219] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ScienceChecklist.GameHelper.<GetOnboardScience>b__0 (.Vessel x)
ScienceChecklist.GameHelper.GetOnboardScience (Boolean CheckDebris)
ScienceChecklist.ExperimentFilter.RefreshExperimentCache ()
ScienceChecklist.ScienceWindow.RefreshExperimentCache ()
ScienceChecklist.ScienceChecklistAddon+<WaitForRnDAndPartLoader>d__0.MoveNext ()
[LOG 15:29:26.246] 9/2/2015 3:29:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready
[EXC 15:29:26.301] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:29:26.303] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 15:29:26.304] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

And it continues after that.

AmpYear_Power_Manager__Reserve_Power__Ion_RCS-V1.0.1.0.zip

DeepFreeze_Continued-V0.17.0.0.zip

Distant_Object_Enhancement_bis-v1.5.7.zip

Kerbal_Construction_Time-1.2.0.zip

Kerbal_Planetary_Base_Systems-0.2.1.zip

Kronal-VV-0.0.4.\(1.0.4\).zip

Portrait_Stats-5.0.zip

SCANsat-v14.0.zip

SpaceY_Heavy_Lifters_Parts_Pack-1.0.zip

SmartStage-2.6.2.zip

AmpYear_Power_Manager__Reserve_Power__Ion_RCS-V1.0.2.0.zip

DeepFreeze_Continued-V0.18.1.0.zip

Distant_Object_Enhancement_bis-v1.6.1.zip

Kerbal_Construction_Time-1.2.2.zip

Kerbal_Planetary_Base_Systems-0.2.2.zip

Kronal_Vessel_Viewer_KVV_-_Exploded_Orthographic_ship_view-0.0.4-1.0.4.zip

Portrait_Stats-6.0.zip

SCANsat-v14.2.zip

SpaceY_Heavy_Lifters_Parts_Pack-1.0.2.zip

SmartStage-2.7.0.zip

I am using linux 64bit and the crash happened when switching vessel in map mode

Edited by invultri

Can you upload the entire log? And not the KSP.log (or whichever one you were looking at) but instead the one from here: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

That mod list is conveniently short, so I can cross reference it with the mods installed on the other peoples' systems. Do you mind also uploading your save, assuming it reliably happens with that save? If I had to guess, I'd say that SCANsat is throwing the error that ultimately triggers the message, but another mod is likely causing the initial problem. I think I've seen DeepFreeze mentioned in other logs, so I'm beginning to suspect that (but don't have any proof yet).

May I suggest CKAN instead of manually installing mods? On the off chance you haven't heard of it, it's a tool that automatically installs and keeps mods up to date. You have a small enough mod list that it's not really necessary, but I figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know about it :)

Hmm, linux 64 bit is also common between you two. I also play with 64 bit on Linux Mint (and with a noticeably larger mod list than you, but much smaller than westmastaflash) but haven't seen this come up. The only mods I have in common with you invultri are KCT and Distant Object Enhancement.

I will do that if it happens again, I restarted the game and it did not happen again (yet). Do note that the mods posted is the change delta, I have about 60 mods installed. As for CKAN, I did try it buy it kinda updates to slow for me or is missing mods that I would want. I do have a little unpacker script that allows me to build a new GameData directory from a list of zips (needs verification afterwards of course). Simple delta changes are a lot of rm -r ../KSP_linux/GameData/KerbalConstructionTime;unzip Kerbal_Construction_Time-1.2.2.zip "GameData/*" -d ../KSP_linux/ :).

Send me a log anyways and I can grab the list of mods out of it (or you can do that yourself, just search for "mod dlls" and it should take you to a list that's nicely presented by ModuleManager).

The one thing your update method lacks is that it'll remove any custom config files, but if you're not using any then that's not an issue, and KCT saves 90% of the settings in the save folder rather than the GameData folder, so it's not too bad for KCT. I do have a special love for home rolled methods of handling things, though :D. I used to have several GameData's that I'd switch between with a .bat script. Adding new ones was a pain, so I wrote DataSwitcher to let me have unlimited mod installs. Since log files are a pain to read, I wrote LogViewer to make them a million times more readable. I just recently wrote a program to automatically manage the Light Green Group :P

Sometimes it's fun not to use the "pre-packaged" solutions for things. My fiance hates when I do that though, cause it's never as smooth to use (the bugs add charm!)

Is there anyway to configure recovery time? I would ideally love it to be formula based using weight, distance to KSC and maybe resouces in the recovered craft as well, but would like to at least reduce it by itself as I upped the overall time multiplier for longer builds, but don't want 8 hours for a simple refuel is a bit much i think. Not sure if that has been mentioned or is in the works so excuse the request if so. Thanks Magico :)

Is there anyway to configure recovery time?

So recovery is actually another form of reconditioning and rollout (which are themselves two sides of the same thing). The recovery portion itself is the least configurable unfortunately (the effect of distance is hardcoded [twice as long when on the other side of Kerbin] and any changes you make will also affect the rollout time), but you can probably still tweak it to something a bit more reasonable.

Look at the ReconditioningFormula on this page and ask me if you have any questions. There's actually a fairly simple way to define rollout/recovery entirely separately from reconditioning with just that one formula.

Update on procedural parts filling. It works great on life support items draining waste resources and filling needed ones. It just does do anything with fuel though did not fill kerosene, E.C., or Nitrogen. This is using KCT, Pparts and RF latest release of all. No errors in the log at all.

Thanks! I'll take a look at this later today and will try to come up with a list of mods that are on both installs (and if I can find the one reported earlier I'll compare that too).

Anyone who is getting the popup about an error, please send me logs so I can try to narrow this down.

Btw, is this happening frequently? I don't recall if you said how frequently it occurs.

Update on procedural parts filling. It works great on life support items draining waste resources and filling needed ones. It just does do anything with fuel though did not fill kerosene, E.C., or Nitrogen. This is using KCT, Pparts and RF latest release of all. No errors in the log at all.

Hmm. Definitely just related to procedural parts then. It might not be detecting that the part is procedural somehow, thus not calling that code. I haven't tested yet, sorry, been a bit busy with other (IRL) things as of late. I've got the multiple launchpads update basically ready to go pending some more testing, so I'll try to get this fixed in there as well.

NathanKell wants me to make KSC upgrades be on a per KSC basis (for those with KSCSwitcher), so I may or may not try to make that change as well in the next update.

Hi! I've been using this mod for awhile now and its been wonderful the whole time, until now. I've been updating some mods and now I can't open the "VAB" tab from the KSC to rollout or launch new crafts. I don't know why this is only happening now :\

When I click on the VAB tab, it just kind of collapses and then I have to click the KCT icon twice.

Here is the output log of my ksp: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5KUW-DsarHXTVF6OE9xblA3MkE

I took out about 1 MB of the message at the bottom. That message is what happens when I click the button.

I also got the error message. Unfortunately, any log files I could give you would be useless as I am running a cracked version of x64 for windows and that could be causing the error via an unrelated bug in my unstable client (so I really don't want to waste your time with a bug report. Love the plugin though.. if it is scansat.. I can always remove it :))

Hi! I've been using this mod for awhile now and its been wonderful the whole time, until now. I've been updating some mods and now I can't open the "VAB" tab from the KSC to rollout or launch new crafts. I don't know why this is only happening now :\

I had this happen to me when I had a craft being built or in storage which had a part that no longer was being loaded. You can edit your persistence file and remove the offending craft node under the KCT section and it will fix it.

I had this happen to me when I had a craft being built or in storage which had a part that no longer was being loaded. You can edit your persistence file and remove the offending craft node under the KCT section and it will fix it.

Thanks so much! I figured out that one of the stored craft had the Kerbokatz AutoBalancing Landing Legs from before he integrated them with Module Manager. Thanks for letting me know what was up!

Hmm, didn't realize that was a problem. I'll see about adding a check for those situations and provide the option of deleting the craft (but then getting refunded for that since I believe the cost is stored separately) or possibly "archiving" the craft so you can try to put whichever mods are missing back in.

I had planned on getting a bunch of work done this weekend, but I've been sick (last night sucked :( ) Despite tomorrow being labor day, my advisor still expects me to be in the office, so I probably won't get a chance to do any work on anything tomorrow either. It was a kinda crappy weekend :/