[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Didnt play KSP for some time and just started again, bunch of mods installed including KCT. x64 Linux version on oc AMD FX-6300 cpu.

Game freezes when KCT time warp for building ships is warping, more or less always at 03:00-03:15 before finishing (just switch to x100 time warping I think) it freezes, look like put one cpu core into 100% workload and just stands. Can still move mouse and music is playing but no respond from game. In this last game version with this happening I just noticed that when I open Settings they are just blank and stuck in game, not frozen as I can return into main page and reload same game. Il try some workarounds with moving into 1 lunch per 7 days If I manage to get into settings and if that wont help Il reinstall KCT. Will report then further.

Didnt play KSP for some time and just started again, bunch of mods installed including KCT. x64 Linux version on oc AMD FX-6300 cpu.

Game freezes when KCT time warp for building ships is warping, more or less always at 03:00-03:15 before finishing (just switch to x100 time warping I think) it freezes, look like put one cpu core into 100% workload and just stands.

That's very weird. What happens if you warp manually? Same issue? I can't think of a reason why it'd freeze prior to completion (freezing at completion would be "reasonable", same with freezing when first hitting the warp button, but part way through is weird).

You say it's been awhile since you played, so is this perhaps a pre-KCT 1.2.0 save (1.2.0 was released July 30th)? If so, the way settings are stored has changed pretty substantially which may be related.

I highly advise sending a log file as it will contain error messages that might shed more light on the situation (look toward the bottom of this post for where to find the log files). I may be able to provide some "default" settings and tell you where to put them if that's indeed the issue.

As for all the other things that have been reported lately, I'm looking into the logs right now. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

E: BevoLJ: The issue with yours is that the ship Speedy 2 wasn't loaded into the editor properly. Might be a corrupt craft file, might just be a fluke because you had been playing for a while. TAC has issues with the engineer report, FAR reported some stuff too, but the thing that caused KCT to go haywire is listed below:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ShipConstruct.SaveShip () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipConstruction.CreateBackup (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.SetBackup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.StartEditor (Boolean isRestart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

If you keep seeing it with that craft file, then it's an issue with the craft file. Hopefully it's just a one time thing though. If you see it again, drop off the log again. It doesn't look like any mod in particular is causing it, but I'm not looking too hard into it.

E: Civilwargeeky: Definitely an issue with parts that are no longer accessible, which I believe you've already figured out. I'll have to add a workaround for that so that it at least lets you know what's wrong, rather than breaking. I've opened #98 to track this.

E: Finally got around to making that list of common mods between invultri and westamastaflash. It's sizeable, but many are utility mods. At some point I'll compare it to my mods and see what can be removed (assuming the mods I have aren't the cause of the problem). Any differences in version number is indicated with 12 dashes, with invultri's being on the left and westamastaflash's on the right.

invultri------------westamastaflash
ModuleManager.2.6.7------------ModuleManager.2.6.8
aaa_Toolbar 1.7.9.0
DynamicTanks 1.0.0.0
USITools 1.0.0.0
CLSInterfaces 1.0.0.0
ConnectedLivingSpace 1.1.1.0
ContractModifier 1.0.2.0
ContractsWindow 1.0.5.3
AGExt 1.0.0.0
kOSVoidAction 1.0.0.0
DistantObject 1.6.1.11492
EVATransfer 1.0.2.0
EditorExtensions 2.12.5652.24831
EnhancedNavBall 1.3.6.0
KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.5.0
FieldExperience v1.0.2.0
Firespitter v7.1.5653.36452
HaystackContinued v0.4.1.0
InterstellarFuelSwitch v1.15.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
KerbalConstructionTime v1.2.2.0
KerbalEngineer v1.0.18.0
KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4.0
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / v2.5.3.0
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator v0.0.0.0
NearFutureElectrical v0.4.0.0
PlanetShine v1.0.5608.2143
PortraitStats v1.0.6.0
PreciseNode v1.0.0.0
RCSBuildAid v0.7.2.26995
RCSBuildAidToolbar v0.7.2.26995
DFInterface v0.3.5712.8487 / v0.3.0.0------------DFInterface v0.2.5652.30853 / v0.2.0.0
SMInterface v4.4.0.2
RealChute v1.3.5600.25774 / v1.3.2.3
RemoteTech v1.6.0.0 / v1.6.7
SCANsat v1.4.0.2 / vv14.2
SCANmechjeb v1.4.0.2 / vv14.2
SmokeScreen v2.6.3.0------------SmokeScreen v2.6.9.0
StageRecovery v1.5.7.0
TacFuelBalancer v2.5.1.0 / v2.5.1.7
KSPAlternateResourcePanel v2.7.3.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.4.0.0
KolonyTools v1.0.0.0
[x] Science! v4.8.5693.27056

Edited by magico13

Loving the mod so far! I'm using it to do a doomsday scenario so it adds to the pressure :P

I am running into the 'Error Loading KCT Data' issue on my end though, which from what I gathered from the thread might be caused by ScanSat? I'm not entirely certain. It seems to happen most frequently when swapping from one ship to another, though scene transitions seem to be able to do it as well. I can post up my mod list as well if that would help. I have an output log for one of the crashes, but it's a 20mb text file so I'm not sure of the best way to post it.

Loving the mod so far! I'm using it to do a doomsday scenario so it adds to the pressure :P

I am running into the 'Error Loading KCT Data' issue on my end though, which from what I gathered from the thread might be caused by ScanSat? I'm not entirely certain. It seems to happen most frequently when swapping from one ship to another, though scene transitions seem to be able to do it as well. I can post up my mod list as well if that would help. I have an output log for one of the crashes, but it's a 20mb text file so I'm not sure of the best way to post it.

Log file would be great! The top places to upload it are dropbox, google drive, mediafire, any other place like that. If you make it a zip file first it'll drop that 20MB down by quite a bit, meaning you could possibly just email it if you'd prefer.

SCANsat seems to be what throws the error that triggers the message's appearance, but I'm not positive about what is causing the initial error in the first place that then breaks SCANsat (it's a bit snowball effect, where one minor error can break a bunch of things in a line). A log file would help me try to narrow the sequence of events down, and it will provide a list of mods which I can check against others and try to reproduce it with the minimal number of common mods.

Sometimes the error message can be ignored. But the only way it would appear is if KCT didn't get to load its data, which can make things be out of sync (losing progress on in-progress builds, craft completely disappearing) or can be as bad as corrupting the save file. It's not always an error in KCT, it's frequently an error in another mod that then halts the data loading process for all mods that come after it.

magico: I think it was just a one time thing. KSP Crashed when I got that message and restarting it seemed to fix everything. Sounding rockets are being sent out in mass once again to gather all the science!

Alright, log file is uploaded here.

And my mod list is posted below

Active Texture Management

CollisionFX

Community Tech Tree

Crowd-Sourced Science

Docking Port Alignment Indicator

Editor Extensions

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Ferram Aerospace Research

Final Frontier

Infernal Robotics

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Construction Time

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal Inventory System

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

KSP Interstellar Extended

Outer Planets Mod

Precise Node

Proot’s Renaissance Pack

QuickMods (Scroll, Search)

RemoteTech

ScanSat

Ship Manifest

Stock Bug Fixes

Transfer Window Planner

TweakScale

USI Kolonization

USI Life Support

Vanguard Technologies

WindowShine

Chatterer

I can't seem to avoid the error when it pops up. It mostly then shows up as UI errors when I go into another scene. Interestingly enough it seems to persist even if I try to reload the save, only restarting the game clears the issue. The one thing I did notice in my debug log is I'm getting 'KerbalAlarmClock, Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag' followed by a NullReferenceException and just repeated over and over again.

Edited by TheGroovyMule

I'm hoping someone here can help me with a bug I've got. I'm using rss along with rp-0 and kct along with all required and most recommended mods. Once in a while when I warp to complete construction, construction finishes, I get a notification, then the completed item just disappears from the list and all of the upgrade points reset to initial with construction speeds reset to 0.1.

I'd post a log file but I don't currently have access to wifi on my laptop. Thank you very much for any help!

I'm hoping someone here can help me with a bug I've got. I'm using rss along with rp-0 and kct along with all required and most recommended mods. Once in a while when I warp to complete construction, construction finishes, I get a notification, then the completed item just disappears from the list and all of the upgrade points reset to initial with construction speeds reset to 0.1.

I'd post a log file but I don't currently have access to wifi on my laptop. Thank you very much for any help!

Are you using KSC Switcher? If so, did you select a KSC initially, and are you perhaps changing KSCs between starting a build and it finishing? That's what it sounds like to me. Every KSC has its own build queues and upgrades.

Are you using KSC Switcher? If so, did you select a KSC initially, and are you perhaps changing KSCs between starting a build and it finishing? That's what it sounds like to me. Every KSC has its own build queues and upgrades.

I am indeed using ksc switcher (I believe it's required by rss) but this takes place at one launch site without moving around

I am indeed using ksc switcher (I believe it's required by rss) but this takes place at one launch site without moving around

Hmm, weird. Can you go into the KCT settings and turn on Debug Messages, then next time you see this happen grab the log file, upload it to dropbox/google drive/etc. and post it here? Then I can take a look and see if anything is being logged.

I believe KSC switcher is a recommended mod for RSS, but not actually required. But once you set a launch site once you shouldn't be having any issues :/ Do check the messages that indicate a vessel has been completed and see what launch site they say. If any of them say "Stock" then that's bad.

Looking at your Twitch I assume you got your logo? If so congrats, it looks great :D.

Still waiting for the final revision on it, but that's one of the first revision ones. I'm rather excited for it! Once I get the final revision (hopefully this weekend) I'll make a post on here with it :)

A single question: Will I have to start over in my save if I want to use this?

Ideally, no, you shouldn't have to start over. You'll have way more upgrades than you know what to do with if you're somewhat far along the tech tree (you'll have 15 + the total number of tech tree nodes you've unlocked). Depending on how much of a change you want to have, you might want to disable some features like tech node unlock times. Let me know if you've got any questions or if you notice anything particularly weird. And don't forget about the Getting Started Guide which covers most of the basic aspects of the mod (the video I did a year ago is a bit out of date, but the guide was just updated fairly recently)

Still waiting for the final revision on it, but that's one of the first revision ones. I'm rather excited for it! Once I get the final revision (hopefully this weekend) I'll make a post on here with it :)

Heh, well it's certainly far better than my attempt even in it's non-final state lol. My praise to the artist.

Edited by ThatOneBritishGuy...

Magico,

My KSP campaign game crashed and I had to reinstall all my mods from a fresh copy of KSP. Luckily I had it backed up with S.A.V.E. and everything seemed fine with one exception. I am playing with RP0 and when I look at my Tech progress my upgrade time jumped from about ~100 days to ~600 days. What did I miss?

Thanks!

Hmm, weird. Can you go into the KCT settings and turn on Debug Messages, then next time you see this happen grab the log file, upload it to dropbox/google drive/etc. and post it here? Then I can take a look and see if anything is being logged.

I believe KSC switcher is a recommended mod for RSS, but not actually required. But once you set a launch site once you shouldn't be having any issues :/ Do check the messages that indicate a vessel has been completed and see what launch site they say. If any of them say "Stock" then that's bad

As mentioned before, I don't have an Internet connection on my laptop for at least another week and the bug is rather infrequent (maybe once every 10-12 builds) but I'll do my best when I can.

Game freezes when KCT time warp for building ships is warping, more or less always at 03:00-03:15 before finishing (just switch to x100 time warping I think) it freezes, look like put one cpu core into 100% workload and just stands. Can still move mouse and music is playing but no respond from game. In this last game version with this happening I just noticed that when I open Settings they are just blank and stuck in game, not frozen as I can return into main page and reload same game. Il try some workarounds with moving into 1 lunch per 7 days If I manage to get into settings and if that wont help Il reinstall KCT. Will report then further.

I have had this happen in the past as well when I was using a mod that modifies the warp multipliers.

If you're using one of those I just turn off all warping that KCT does and do all my warps manually.

Probus: what's your Upgrades display show? How many points are put into R&D, and what's the research rate in science/year? You might not have been on the RP-0 preset before, maybe, or maybe your upgrade points got lost?

My points are all the the same as before which makes me wonder if the calendar system is wrong...

EDIT: Yep. That was it. KSP reset to Kerbal time and threw all the numbers off. Everything is back the way it is supposed to be. Thanks Nathan!

Heh, well it's certainly far better than my attempt even in it's non-final state lol. My praise to the artist.

Yours was very nice as well! Somewhat ironically I heard back from the person I had originally contacted the same day as you sending me yours. She does a great job, but it takes a while for her to get around to working on it (just waiting for the final pngs, for the past week :P )

My points are all the the same as before which makes me wonder if the calendar system is wrong...

EDIT: Yep. That was it. KSP reset to Kerbal time and threw all the numbers off. Everything is back the way it is supposed to be. Thanks Nathan!

That was going to be the first thing I would suggest looking at. It just sounded like you'd accidentally switched to Kerbal time, which would multiply everything by four. Glad it's as simple as that :)

If people couldn't tell, I've sorta been taking a small break from KSP the past two weeks or so. I'll probably work on some things this week/weekend though. I need to finalize the launchpads update and see if there's anything else I want to put in that. I think there might be an issue with upgrading from existing saves, so I need to double check that and fix that before releasing that update.

- - - Updated - - -

Good news, my KCT woes were due to the dreaded win x64 client. cutting down on mods and going back to x84 gave me KCT back error free :)

I've seen others report the error message popping up with the 64 bit client. There's nothing in KCT that checks for 64 bit specifically, so I'm not sure why it happens, but it seems to be "cosmetic" in that there's not actually an error. If it still happens when 1.1 and the official 64 bit version comes out, then I'll definitely try to fix it. I'll probably build KCT against the 64 bit version and do most of my testing in that once it comes out, so any issues will be found pretty fast.

Ideally, no, you shouldn't have to start over. You'll have way more upgrades than you know what to do with if you're somewhat far along the tech tree (you'll have 15 + the total number of tech tree nodes you've unlocked). Depending on how much of a change you want to have, you might want to disable some features like tech node unlock times. Let me know if you've got any questions or if you notice anything particularly weird. And don't forget about the Getting Started Guide which covers most of the basic aspects of the mod (the video I did a year ago is a bit out of date, but the guide was just updated fairly recently)

Does this play well with the Reset to Space Center function? Can I disable the chance that boosters may fail to recover (not the biggest fan of RNG) for Stage Recovery and can I disable the tech-takes-time feature? I'd see for myself but I don't have KSP access right now.

Does this play well with the Reset to Space Center function? Can I disable the chance that boosters may fail to recover (not the biggest fan of RNG) for Stage Recovery and can I disable the tech-takes-time feature? I'd see for myself but I don't have KSP access right now.

I don't know what you mean by "Reset to Space Center function". The only way to disable the chance that a part won't be added to the inventory if it recovers at a speed percent less than 100% is to alter the StageRecovery settings to remove the "soft" region between the low and high cutoff velocities (or just switch to the flat rate model, which is the same thing). It's only a random chance between the low cutoff and the high cutoff velocities, so as long as you make sure the stage will land at a velocity lower than the low cut off (which you can check in the editor with StageRecovery) then you're guaranteed that the part will still be added to the inventory. That's a function of planning rather than random number, the random number just acts to fill the void left by the fact that the part inventory is quantized and you can't add half a part and you can't track damage on a part.

Disabling the time requirements for tech is very easy. When you start up the game and choose a Preset (or if you've already chosen one just go into the Settings from the Space Center scene) just click the "Tech Unlock Times" button and then you won't have tech unlock times ;) There are several other options there that you might want to disable as well. You can also enable/disable any of those features at any point later on in an active save without any issues (if you decide you don't want reconditioning or rollout, for instance).

It seems the disable remote tech option for the simulations aren't working. It shows no connection (and has the effects of having no connection) even if I enable and disable that option multiple times, restart the simulation with that toggled on didn't work either.

Also I'd like a way to set exactly how much delay you want for the delay move to orbit function, since in the current configuration there's practically no time to do anything on the pad before you get moved so there's no point in that option being there.

I'd also like a fix for the previously reported issue, with deployable antennas breaking (disappearing) on simulation start if starting in orbit.

It seems the disable remote tech option for the simulations aren't working.

It's a WIP feature that I didn't have time to finish before release. RemoteTech doesn't provide an easy way to disable itself, especially for a single ship, so I have to trick RemoteTech into thinking the ship doesn't exist, which isn't all that easy. The re-enable button doesn't actually do anything right now. The only instance where I've gotten it to work properly is if there are zero antenna on the craft. I've been able to disable the SPU in probes without too much trouble, but also disabling the SPU in antenna isn't working correctly (despite me manually destroying the module and unregistering the SPU from the network) so if you have ANY antenna it won't work correctly. In testing I could still rotate the vessel, but couldn't lock SAS or do much of anything else. With just a probe core it released control to the user completely.

The current delay was set up to fix a bug with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (which has subsequently been fixed in KJR) and was never intended to be used for anything else. I am planning on changing how orbital simulations work to a method where you never spend any time on the launchpad, so changing the delay option doesn't make sense when it's about to be removed. I'd also like a fix for antennas breaking, but that's more of a RemoteTech issue with them not checking if the vessel is packed when it's moved to orbit. When I implement the new simulation method then that should be fixed since there won't be a move at all.

I don't know what you mean by "Reset to Space Center function". The only way to disable the chance that a part won't be added to the inventory if it recovers at a speed percent less than 100% is to alter the StageRecovery settings to remove the "soft" region between the low and high cutoff velocities (or just switch to the flat rate model, which is the same thing). It's only a random chance between the low cutoff and the high cutoff velocities, so as long as you make sure the stage will land at a velocity lower than the low cut off (which you can check in the editor with StageRecovery) then you're guaranteed that the part will still be added to the inventory. That's a function of planning rather than random number, the random number just acts to fill the void left by the fact that the part inventory is quantized and you can't add half a part and you can't track damage on a part.

Disabling the time requirements for tech is very easy. When you start up the game and choose a Preset (or if you've already chosen one just go into the Settings from the Space Center scene) just click the "Tech Unlock Times" button and then you won't have tech unlock times ;) There are several other options there that you might want to disable as well. You can also enable/disable any of those features at any point later on in an active save without any issues (if you decide you don't want reconditioning or rollout, for instance).

I meant reverting to the space center, the word didn't come to my mind then.