[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

omg omg omg om gom gomgom gom gomg omg ggmomgm I"M AT WORK!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Kospy, dumb question. But at work so can't research much. Wording about KIS is a little confusing. Is KIS as a standalone not needed as it is integrated into KAS?

KAS is basically only a parts pack - KIS has all the functionality

I am unable to attach HE-03 Electro-magnet to Winch RW-50 in VAB. The green balls just ignore each other. Same problem with Grappling hook, Harpoon and Anchor.

The IW-50 Winch (the bigger one) works with all attachments (hook, anchor, harpoon, electromagnet)

Am I doing anything wrong?

KAS 5.0, KIS 1.1.4

EDIT: I am always slower than you guys.. Fix posted by KospY on previous page (KAS config error, he'll fix it :) )

Edited by HighSpeedSteel

Yeah, to avoid confusion and further complication, why aren't KAS and KIS integrated together? I know KIS actually separated from KAS but they pretty much depend on each other to have the full functionality.

Anyone else tempted to rename a kerbal to Ahab Kerman and go hunting for the white kraken with this part?

lol!

Anyways, awesomeness! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Now it's 0.5.1, I wonder what got hotfixed. And according to curse, it got released not even 10 minutes ago.

KAS 0.5.1 released !

Just a small fix about the first main issues.

Changelog :

- Added a warning if KIS is not detected

- Fixed radial winch not allowing stack attach

Thanks for your fast feedback :)

Anyone else tempted to rename a kerbal to Ahab Kerman and go hunting for the white kraken with this part?

I was actually already using harpoons in the previous version, built out of a radial decoupler with two Separatrons and a grappling claw on the front. I'm guessing the pre-built one is more accurate, though. :D

I am having trouble when loading into KSP: It gets stuck on loading KAS/parts/cport1/part/KAS_Port1

Anyone know why this is (Modded install)?

Do you have ATM or did you DDSify anything?

Kospy, dumb question. But at work so can't research much. Wording about KIS is a little confusing. Is KIS as a standalone not needed as it is integrated into KAS?

No you will need KIS for KAS to work properly.

I am having trouble when loading into KSP: It gets stuck on loading KAS/parts/cport1/part/KAS_Port1

I'm having the same exact issue. I'm not using ATM, I feel like it scales down all of my textures and makes them muddy.

I'm having the same exact issue.

Uh, screenshots of your gamedata folder? I didn't have any issues.

Not too sure that's his problem, I have ATM installed and DDSified everything and it is running fine.

Hm... Well, it was my first thought.

Do you have ATM or did you DDSify anything?

Yes, I have the agressive version. But I also tried it with KAS deactivated through a config for ATM and without ATM. Still the same problem. My KAS version is the most recent one from about half-an-hour ago.

Edit: Screenshot of my gamedata folder http://imgur.com/VAoUN97

Edited by Andy81le

Also have the CPort1 issue. Downloading KIS 1.1.4 (CKAN only has up to 1.1.2) and then I'll try to get the logs

Edit: Can confirm that updating to 1.1.4 manually (uninstalling from CKAN and installing from this thread) fixed the CPort1 issue and I have had no other issues

Edited by coldblade2000

I know KospY said that modulemanager isn't needed anymore, but try getting the latest MM and see if that helps.

Also, The winches aren't really mirroring correctly, but then again, I think it might be a quirk of KSP.

I do have the stockbugfixmodules.

screenshot52_zpsqg2gpwgq.png

Also have the CPort1 issue. Downloading KIS 1.1.4 (CKAN only has up to 1.1.2) and then I'll try to get the logs

Edit: Can confirm that updating to 1.1.4 manually (uninstalling from CKAN and installing from this thread) fixed the CPort1 issue and I have had no other issues

I also confirm that this was the issue. Why is Ckan so behind?

I am amazed you have Environmental Visual Enhancements and Distant Object working together. It's usually choose one or the other. And no Active Texture Management?

I've got an abundance of RAM.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using the one from this thread and i'm still having the issue. I will attempt a reinstall of KAS.