[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

On 9/1/2014, 11:09:02, bac9 said:

CREDITS

New updates:

• blowfish - plugin code, maintenance, balance, coordination of new updates
  • flashblade - many contributions
  • V8jester and M4ck - stack node adjustments
  • danfarnsy and JaredTheDragon - RPM fixes
  • joshwoo69 - RT compatibility

Regarding the stack node adjustments: for me, the B9 Mk2 cockpits/fuselage do not line up with stock Mk2 parts (B9 are higher / have the stack node lower than stock). Is this intended? Am I doing something wrong?

2 hours ago, boywithumbrella said:

Regarding the stack node adjustments: for me, the B9 Mk2 cockpits/fuselage do not line up with stock Mk2 parts (B9 are higher / have the stack node lower than stock). Is this intended? Am I doing something wrong?

I hadn't noticed any issues aside from one I missed on my first pass. Kinda surprised no one's mentioned this till now. Is it all MK2 parts? Or just one? I never did any work to bac9's mk2 parts that were released separately. Could you please post a screen shot?

Also is anyone else having any issues with the exhaust on the F119 Turbofan? I haven't used them since .90 and I built an f-22 last night, only to find the engines work but no fire / smoke. I recall this happening in an update a while back, but was under the impression it was fixed.

Edited by V8jester

Holy crap I didn't expect this to update until 1.1!  I've always wanted to give this a try!  I'm not sure why we still need ATM though, I thought it was no longer relevant to later KSP releases?

You should be fine if you only have B9.  Even with a lot of mods, running in OpenGL or D3D11 mode is often enough.  Things are a lot better since KSP started allowing DDS textures.

5 hours ago, DV-13 said:

You should update this line, eh?

Yeah.  FAR is still recommended, but things should work OK in stock aero.

7 hours ago, amankd said:

ive noticed mlot of missing oparts frommwhat it used t be, all the really big oparts, the wings and pannes, the small lights and landign gears, is this intentional?

As victor tan said, you have to download the HX and legacy packs separately from Bitbucket.  They're now optional.

3 hours ago, Shamer said:

Will it work on version 1.0.4?

No.  But you can download the 5.3.0 prerelease from Bitbucket, which should work on 1.0.4

8 minutes ago, Atatra said:

i don't recognize any of those parts except the engine, nor do i have them from when i downloaded the update earlier...

They were part of a seperate beta link Bac posted. Wings are B9 procedural, tho.

Oh look at this, we now have a new official release. How cool is that. Finally the mod will be on the radar again the way it deserves it. :cool:

50 minutes ago, Temeter said:

They were part of a seperate beta link Bac posted. Wings are B9 procedural, tho.

These are indeed new WIP parts from bac9 which blowfish will now work on to include into the main mod. As soon as this happens the old MK2 profile will also become legacy parts.

4 hours ago, Shamer said:

Will it work on version 1.0.4?

blowfish allready said it, but to give a more detailed explanation, the 1.0.5 version includes changes to the engines like the new afterburner function which were not present before 1.0.5, so no this release is not compatible but you can download the 5.3.0 pre-release from bitbucket instead.

4 hours ago, boywithumbrella said:

The MK2 parts of B9 predate the MK2 profile which was introduced by spaceplane plus and later stockified and thus they are not the same even if they have the same name. Those parts only work with other B9 MK2 parts.

The first post needs another pass. There is alot of information that doesn't make sense anymore. For example the mod doesn't contain any example craft anymore and ATM is not needed at all since we have converted every relevant texture to dds.

Edited by Flashblade

15 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

What about the old ships? Will they work on the new update to B9?

Afaik they should. If you are using outdated parts that aren't included anymore, e.g. wings, also try the legacy download.

36 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

What about the old ships? Will they work on the new update to B9?

They haven't been updated or tested in a very long time.  I was considering removing them from the repository but decided against it (however, they are not included in the download).  There's a good chance they'll mostly work, particularly in stock aero, but I make no guarantees :D

Edited by blowfish

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

They haven't been updated or tested in a very long time.  I was considering removing them from the repository but decided against it (however, they are not included in the download).  There's a good chance they'll mostly work, particularly in stock aero, but I make no guarantees :D

Just checked it. The updated B9 doesn't have the wings needed for the craft :(

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

I guess peeps here could test them for viability and if they still are they could be reincluded with the next version. But I somewhat doubt it, since so much stuff has changed performance wise since 0.90 that they will at least need a partial workover.

BTW the legacy parts are only available on bitbucket and not on kerbalstuff right?

24 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

I guess peeps here could test them for viability and if they still are they could be reincluded with the next version. But I somewhat doubt it, since so much stuff has changed performance wise since 0.90 that they will at least need a partial workover.

BTW the legacy parts are only available on bitbucket and not on kerbalstuff right?

Correct.  If there's sufficient demand I might consider adding them.

5 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

The airbrake needs to be added to the legacy pack and the old craft files load

Ah right, forgot about the airbrake.  It's broken right now, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  So I guess the craft won't be loadable for the time being.  Sorry.