[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Right, because the parts need new names. Try adding this line to all of the +PART patches in GameData/VenStockRevamp/Squad:

@name ^= :$:_ven:

This will update all those parts so that they have unique names (which KSP uses to identify parts), so for example you will have mk1pod and mk1pod_ven. Note that this is different than the title, which is what you actually see. If you wanted to update the title too you could use something like @title ^= :$: (Ven):

It works! Thank you! I only did a few parts to test it but it works. Now I can have stock parts and their Ven counterparts

On the same craft. Still have a lot of CFG editing to do, but thank you.

I am having an issue where the engine tank-butts disappear when I switch back to the ship. Performance is unaffected, however, it just looks weird to have an engine floating there. I apologize if this has been addressed before, I went back about 50 pages and saw nothing. Thank!

I am having an issue where the engine tank-butts disappear when I switch back to the ship. Performance is unaffected, however, it just looks weird to have an engine floating there. I apologize if this has been addressed before, I went back about 50 pages and saw nothing. Thank!

I vaguely remember hearing that it's a stock issue.

I vaguely remember hearing that it's a stock issue.

COnfirmed, I've experienced that bug with my Orion heatshield.

Well, it may be a tweakscale bug - the heat shield bottom was attached to a rescaled decoupler.

I'm using last release with cockpits rolled back to previous ones. Difficult to integrate those new sticking out ones into my crafts.

ALso, I'm keeping stock bulging out engine gondola - it looks much better on most planes.

I would but the parachute bug with the radial attached ones still happens to me. The blue radial one just doesn't work but hangs in a straight line in the angle it is attached on the surface resulting in not breaking at all. No one has this bug too?

So I have a few errors showing in my KSP.log for this mod.

Running latest mod version on 1.0.4 Linux 64bit, stock install except Ven's & packaged MM...

Any ideas?

The relevant lines from the log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D_PFGuuyqoRWtFdzdxVnFzSm8/view?usp=sharing

Stock revamp appears to be installed incorrectly. Try re-installing.

Stock revamp appears to be installed incorrectly. Try re-installing.

May I ask why you believe so?...

I've been playing HEAVILY modified ever since I started playing KSP around v0.17 or so... I've modified plenty of .cfgs and parts files on my own... I'm pretty sure I can correctly install mods.... I've re-read the OP and README's several times just to make sure I didnt miss anything special that needed to

Also, this was with a FRESH KSP install, I haven't touched the Squad folder, and Ven's is the ONLY mod installed... ..I even did it TWICE just to make sure...I havent modified ANY of the files... Straight extract into Gamedata... Pretty sure I got the Curse download, as there's no Pruners folder, and I generally only grab stuff off git as a LAST resort....???

May I ask why you believe so?...

I've been playing HEAVILY modified ever since I started playing KSP around v0.17 or so... I've modified plenty of .cfgs and parts files on my own... I'm pretty sure I can correctly install mods.... I've re-read the OP and README's several times just to make sure I didnt miss anything special that needed to

Also, this was with a FRESH KSP install, I haven't touched the Squad folder, and Ven's is the ONLY mod installed... ..I even did it TWICE just to make sure...I havent modified ANY of the files... Straight extract into Gamedata... Pretty sure I got the Curse download, as there's no Pruners folder, and I generally only grab stuff off git as a LAST resort....???

Because those models shouldn't be referenced by anything. But if you're using Curse, then it looks like you have an old version anyway, since the latest on Curse is 1.7.0 whereas the newest release is 1.8.1.

It looks like there's a discrepancy between the versions listed on the Overview and the actual hosted files: Overview says 1.7.1, but it IS actually 1.8.1 that you download (at least thats what the folder name and the Changelog.txt say... plus the solarpanelfix is in it... ??..) :(

...And I DO appreciate your help with this blowfish... :thumbsup:

It looks like there's a discrepancy between the versions listed on the Overview and the actual hosted files: Overview says 1.7.1, but it IS actually 1.8.1 that you download (at least thats what the folder name and the Changelog.txt say... plus the solarpanelfix is in it... ??..) :(

...And I DO appreciate your help with this blowfish... :thumbsup:

Well, provide a full output log and we can see what's looking for those bad models...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.