[WIP] .25 - PaladinLabs Dev Thread - DeepFreeze cryonic crew storage - v.14

scottpaladin

Good point. I forgot. I could do what I do in my KabinKraziness mod and shut down the EC usage when timewarp is over 5x (EC usage seems to work up to 4x).

So taking the list angel-125 posted, where are we at?:

- management window that is standard toolbar and blizzy toolbar compatible - Done.

- thaw all kerbals - Can be done - but tricky - you need 3000EC stored on the vessel per kerbal.. otherwise it is going to stop thawing at some point.

- freeze all kerbals - Cane be done - but same issue as previous point.

- KAS container with Glykerol, fits standard mounting rack - could be done... I'm thinking what about KIS/KAS now.. is this still what is wanted?

- small KAS grabbable Glykerol processing unit - KAS or KIS? probably both. Need more info on how this unit functions - inputs and outputs parameters anyone?

- check resource requirements before freezing - it does already.

- ongoing freeze requirements - done. but as per previous post, timewarp stock bug with EC and solar panels isn't going away. Perhaps I can turn it off when timewarp is high (I know this works, but cuts back on the realism).

- 6-person hitchhiker-sized kryopod - Is support, just needs the models..

- IVAs - Hmm more models.

anyone putting their hand up to do the modelling for the containers, smaller cryopod and IVAs?

Also, Crew Xfers - needs to be fixed properly and work more friendly with Ship Manifest mod. - My main focus right now.

New request from curiousepic to have a operating temperature range. - What do people think?

Thoughts on the above?

Getting very very close to a release candidate that works very well. Fixes bugs in the last version I did, works with Ship Manifest (that just got release). Added support for CLS mod. Which were the main focus from the above post.

Still has the following Work pending:

1) Models and IVAs from MerlinsMAster (but that is still a few weeks away and will be in the release after this one).

2) New parts for different sizes (as per previous item).

3) Needs a fix in TACLS to work with TACLS - Can't do any more from a DeepFreeze point of view. Awaiting response from TaranisElsu on that.

4) Tanks for Glykerol. (work started)

5) Look into Temperature monitoring and performance affecting the Cryogenic Freezers.

I'm thinking of starting up my own Post for this mod on the next release so I can change the heading (old heading still says .25) and calling it DeepFreeze Continued...

What do people think?

scottpaladin is not responding so I guess it's ok, but keep in mind he could return anytime.

I have thought about that, thanks. But:-

a) he hasn't been on the forum since 22/12/2014

B) he hasn't been active on github since 30/04/2015 when he merged 2 pull requests from bear67 and made a comment of:

"Hah, well it's more than I've been doing lately." - and that was it.

I've done a lot of work on it in the past few weeks and MerlinsMaster is putting finishing touches on some models, I'm going to start a DeepFreeze Continued.. OP.

Teaser pic of some of MerlinsMaster's awesome work on new internals for current part:

KUq10pY.jpg

If he returns and wants to support and take it back over, then I will be more than happy to discuss with him.

The license is: "DeepFreeze is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 Share-Alike Attribution Non-Commercial license.", which means you are free to share and adapt (see the link) and DeepFreeze Continued.. will continue with the same license.

Edited by JPLRepo

I have thought about that, thanks. But:-

a) he hasn't been on the forum since 22/12/2014

B) he hasn't been active on github since 30/04/2015 when he merged 2 pull requests from bear67 and made a comment of:

"Hah, well it's more than I've been doing lately." - and that was it.

I've done a lot of work on it in the past few weeks and MerlinsMaster is putting finishing touches on some models, I'm going to start a DeepFreeze Continued.. OP.

Teaser pic of some of MerlinsMaster's awesome work on new internals for current part:

http://i.imgur.com/KUq10pY.jpg

If he returns and wants to support and take it back over, then I will be more than happy to discuss with him.

The license is: "DeepFreeze is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 Share-Alike Attribution Non-Commercial license.", which means you are free to share and adapt (see the link) and DeepFreeze Continued.. will continue with the same license.

Man, that IVA is going to be awesome.

As far as the licencing, you are well within the boundaries of the license to continue the work "in your own direction". The license allows for that. As long as you provide due attribution, which you have made clear you will, you are good to go. I believe in choice, and even if the original author returns, this is a viable choice for the community. This is the greatness of the KSP community. We (at least from my perspective) help each other, and keep the fires burning (or freezers running) :D

• 2 weeks later...

Man, amazing, good work on doing what we that use life support love to have for a long time.

Thank you.

By the way, i would love to see the down left pics of frozen kerbals in place of the woke up ones.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.