[WIP] .25 - PaladinLabs Dev Thread - DeepFreeze cryonic crew storage - v.14

scottpaladin

I'm using it in 0.90 without this issue.

Well assuming it's not a bug, some of the things you need to have are:

Enough power to freeze/defrost(check position of solar panels to sun); have enough Glykerol fluid; there is only room for one conscious Kerbal in the freezing module at a time; do you have a robotic probe core as well as a manned one.

Well that's all I can think of right now.

I tested it on the launch pad with several of those largest batteries so that wasn't the issue. Glykerol was plentiful. Vessel was composed of a capsule, batteries, cryonic module and a medium sized probe core. Third Kerbal simply couldn't fit because "module is full" even after the two inside were frozen.

After thawing the two Kerbals inside, I've tried to remove them and the first went out without problems. The second was just gone. Module was empty.

Robotic probe core? What do you mean?

Robotic probe core? What do you mean?

I just meant the regular unmanned cores.

Are you using any mods to move crew around your ship?

I'm using Ship Manifest (version 0.90.0_3.3.4) to move my crew around.

It's not the most recent version, but it's working.

Maybe try adding or removing a mod like Ship's Manifest?

I just meant the regular unmanned cores.

Are you using any mods to move crew around your ship?

I'm using Ship Manifest (version 0.90.0_3.3.4) to move my crew around.

It's not the most recent version, but it's working.

Maybe try adding or removing a mod like Ship's Manifest?

After restarting KSP, it works. I have no idea what happened. As the mod appears to be functional, I'll use it on my Kron 3 mission.

when using remotech would freezing all kerbals on a craft would that mean local command will stop?

It should be...

I believe it should, just as having an uncrewed command pod no longer functions. I'm curious though if it would then revert to using an unmanned command pod and apply signal delay at that point. Something interesting to try. :)

:)

----

As far As I know... lots of the sci-fies Using cryo technology have an active crew (minority of the crew maybe one or two people) so with the "lost connection" remotetech mod you still have to keep alive at lest one kerbal.

But one kerbal eats and breath less than 10 kerbal :D

So be creative...

Little amount of life support stuff you need anyway.

As it would be sucks to kill your team on the first stop after release them from the cryostate.

Is this mod still being worked on? I've noticed that no new commits have been made since November. Love the idea of this mod and would love to see it continued.

Hello, my name is not Tabitha, and I'm not taking ovah. ;)

I forked the mod, I wanted to do something similar for Deep Space Exploration Vessels. I'll try to do bug fixes until Scottpalladin comes back. It's a fantastic mod and wonderful concept, I'd hate to see it fade away.

Hello, my name is not Tabitha, and I'm not taking ovah. ;)

I forked the mod, I wanted to do something similar for Deep Space Exploration Vessels. I'll try to do bug fixes until Scottpalladin comes back. It's a fantastic mod and wonderful concept, I'd hate to see it fade away.

I agree...and I believe that this is one way to keep Jeb from doing something stupid!

Ok so what I see is suggested after reading this thread:

- External containers for Glykerol, KAS grabbable

- Ongoing freeze requirements: I'm thinking EC to keep it simple, possibly optional support for SystemHeat by Nertea.

- Thaw all kerbals option. Honestly it really needs a dedicated management window...

- 1.875m tall kryopod that stores 6 kerbals

- IVAs

- Verify that resource requirements are met before freezing a kerbal

An insane Kray superKomputer autopilot that get triggered by flying to Jool...;)

Edited by Angel-125

Ok so what I see is suggested after reading this thread:

- External containers for Glykerol, KAS grabbable

- Ongoing freeze requirements: I'm thinking EC to keep it simple, possibly optional support for SystemHeat by Nertea.

- Thaw all kerbals option. Honestly it really needs a dedicated management window...

- 1.875m tall kryopod that stores 6 kerbals

- IVAs

- Verify that resource requirements are met before freezing a kerbal

An insane Kray superKomputer autopilot that get triggered by flying to Jool...;)

Nice ideas, do you think anyone might want as an option to be able make Glykeral by way of Karbonite compatibility?

I don't know how much trouble it is to add that option, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Nice ideas, do you think anyone might want as an option to be able make Glykeral by way of Karbonite compatibility?

I don't know how much trouble it is to add that option, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

This one shouldn't be a trouble. Just a model and a part file for a regolith converter. Partfile can be borrowed from karbonite / regolith. And altered the recipeinputs and outputs.

As for the dediacated Wondow I agree. This One Must have one. And please, please make it blizzy's compatible.

Actually, the latest Multipurpose Colony Modules already has a fuel processor template that creates Glykerol. The liquid droplet radiator will use Glykerol as its cooling resource. But a small Glykerol processing unit makes sense. Out of respect for the original author's wishes from a few pages back to keep DeepFreeze as is, I'll start posting about my forked version on a separate thread once I get going on it, probably in the next couple of weeks. I have some more work to do on DSEV and MOLE.

Edited by Angel-125

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow awesome looking mod. I have been thinking of how I would get my kerbals to the outer planets using TAC life-support. Now with this I can freeze most of my kerbals have one man the ship using minimal life-support. I can't wait!

• 1 month later...

Yes, glitches are massive. When the module is picked up everything is ok, but when you try to attach it to the capsule, nodes disappear. Few random clicks later the capsule glues to the module and you need to throw that lump away. Completely useless in v1.0.

I don't think the mod author is around anymore...has not been any word or update in ages...Github page says he updated the .dll's to work against 1.0 but nothing else

somebody updates that plugin so its hope that he bring it up again maby he was waiting for 1.0 to be relased?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.