Technical Dynamics - Minotaur-C, PAGEOS WIP

gooddog15

I like these dimensions. 0.625m seems like it might be just a bit too small for this.

Either way, this looks great! good work!

That was originally what I had in mind when I started to create the models, however I was considering to switch it to 0.625 so it would be easy to launch the Pegasus.

Also thanks

I love it!

Thanks

Because we can plow fields with them?

I'd vote for Charon or Prometheus

Well, If you try hard enough.....

I'd vote for Charon or Prometheus
I'd vote for a name not based in classical mythology for once.
The IRL rocket is named off of Greek mythology, so it would make sense that its Kerbalized derivative would be as well

I was thinking of naming system where the vehicles after celestial bodies, like how beale names his stuff after stars.

Also, even though I have to agree with naming it after a Mythical creature, it's sort of been over done at this point.

However, everything is still up in the air at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

So I started to get the M55 in game, and it appears that I haven't quite mastered Unity and configs yet:

T8kv2zy.png

This M55 has not produced any thrust and is out of fuel, but it somehow keeps on firing. I blame the evil cows that live across the street.

also to make this post a bit more interesting, here's a Pegasus first stage mock up I quickly made:

MyPasSN.png

Edited by gooddog15

That was originally what I had in mind when I started to create the models, however I was considering to switch it to 0.625 so it would be easy to launch the Pegasus.

Also thanks

Thanks

Well, If you try hard enough.....

I was thinking of naming system where the vehicles after celestial bodies, like how beale names his stuff after stars.

Also, even though I have to agree with naming it after a Mythical creature, it's sort of been over done at this point.

However, everything is still up in the air at this point.

You could name them after mountains

Pretty new models! But what was wrong with the old ones?

You should make the wings on Pegasus radially attachable parts, so you can make a regular Orion 50XL like for Taurus! Also are there going to be RO configs?

Pretty new models! But what was wrong with the old ones?

You should make the wings on Pegasus radially attachable parts, so you can make a regular Orion 50XL like for Taurus! Also are there going to be RO configs?

The problem with the originals was that Unity has a different idea of what a meter is than blender. (for example, the M55 is scaled at 1.25m in blender, but in Unity it's 2.xm) Simply rescaling all the parts left them looking misshapened:

old:

vYzuSMD.png

rescaled (old in game testing):

gZqprQF.png

Plus, there was some things I felt I could of done better and improve on.

As for Pegasus, radial wings may work, but that will have to wait after the Minotaur-1 and the Taurus/Minotaur-C are done

Edit: I might just name the rocket Charon, after the Plutonian moon of the same name.

Also, I don't know if I'll do RO configs as I've never even used that mod. I'll look into it.

EDIT:

made a Taurus mock up:

ZtwuqyA.png

Edited by gooddog15

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I bring good news! also some bad news 

I have created the Orion 50XLST and it's corresponding adaptor. It's a 0.975m stage that should be able to be converted into a Pegasus configuration with stock parts. The adaptor is an adaptor that adapts between the Orion and 1.8m Castor-120. Did I also mention that it adapts things? You can see them both below along with the Castor-120, Orion 50XL, and Orion 38 as the Minotaur-C/Taurus:

I've also modeled a Pageos-type passive communications experiment (in other words, I've created a giant space balloon).

It's pretty small, being no bigger than the stock 0.625 RCS tank (represented by the 0.5m x 0.5m cube).

uDpEClX.png

But when it's deployed it's huge! It's only a WIP at this point, but it is fully animated!

XuYIYZQ.png

Now for the somewhat-bad news:

The Minotaur-1 parts have texture bleed issues, necessitating a new texture (Which is good. There were a lot of things that needed to be improved). There may also be some issues with the models themselves. 

I won't be able to work on this pack again for a week due to IRL problems (FInals suck). The pack will also not be released until after 1.1 comes out. I'm not dealing with the old horrible beast known as Unity 4 until those sweet new part tools are dished out by Mu for Unity 5. Hopefully the next Minotaur-C launch with SkySat will come around by then, so we all can recreate that mission!

Edited by gooddog15
new imgur link thing.

• 5 years later...

Hello there, I'd like to know where this mod went?
It's been almost more than 3 years now and I really found myself to enjoy this mod while looking at some pictures.

I know this might not reach or have any significance but I really wanted a Minotaur-1 Mod well to say the least when I found this I was happy enough to even reply to this thread.

Hope you are doing well

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.