Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

Pitch up 15 degreees from manuover node and you'll be probably fine. Also I just found out that the OME does not compensate, so I need to work on the OME a bit more. I guess you have to manually edit it.

Read my post again, please :D. I said it's hard to get a correct angle even if node is dead level with the horizon. There is no indicator showing your pitch relative to the node. Unless MJ has some (it's still surprising me). I'm going to add the CommandPod module to these engines and see if it doesn't mess up the game.

Read my post again, please :D. I said it's hard to get a correct angle even if node is dead level with the horizon. There is no indicator showing your pitch relative to the node. Unless MJ has some (it's still surprising me). I'm going to add the CommandPod module to these engines and see if it doesn't mess up the game.

Please know that the OME gimbals, which makes it harder to operate. But you do have a point. However run a few tests on ground before launching your shuttles. You need to know which direction the OME control is facing.

Does anyone know if .21 broke this?

I had a quick look to see if MIR was still flying with the CSS and Buran attached.. CSS looked just fine, Buran were undocked for some reason.. so based on a very quick look it seemed okay..

That beeing said. Grab a backup of what you got, try the update, if stuff blows up in your face.. use the backup :)

Read the two posts above you...

I did read them but when .20 came out I had some mods that everyone said didnt brake it when it in fact did so Im playing stock until the mods i use get updated.

Edited by War Eagle 1

Did .21 break it? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Yes, for me it is broken in 0.21. When i use the Template (the Stock Version), it will not release all Launch Stability Enhancer. The first stage is working correct, the Second stage only release one of the Enhancer. But all 8 Enhancer are in the same Group. All Stage Groups are broken, but when i try to delete the old Enhancers and add new ones on the same position, they can not be attached. They are always colored red. In this Case, i can't rebuild the Shuttle, when i try to add the SRB, the Game begins to Stutter and Crashes to Desktop. And the Landing Gears are missing in the Componentlist.

I love this Mod, because i like the STS Missions and this Shuttle is perfect for me. I hope it will work soon in this Version...

Sorry for my bad English...

When i tried it the only thing that glitched out was the launch clamps. As in you had to fire them one at a time, as if the were all on their own stage.

I had a similar problem also, when on the launch pad only the boosters would launch. i had to manually turn the main engine. This was not an issue before .21 and the way the craft handles is not the same. I hate that you went through so much work for it to break again. As you can see from all the post, everyone appreciates your time

Im going to uninstall all my other mods and start testing without them. there could be one that is in conflict with yours. I know people with mechjeb have had problems.

Edited by viperwolf

I had a similar problem also, when on the launch pad only the boosters would launch. i had to manually turn the main engine. This was not an issue before .21 and the way the craft handles is not the same. I hate that you went through so much work for it to break again. As you can see from all the post, everyone appreciates your time

Im going to uninstall all my other mods and start testing without them. there could be one that is in conflict with yours. I know people with mechjeb have had problems.

Id just wait for the .21 update. Just hope that it doesn't take too long

Cant wait though

Let it be known that the romfarer plugin is not functional in .21. It will cause some game-breaking bugs. Delete that, and see if the problems persist.

Sorry if I seem negative right now about re downloading it. If your next update is .21 compatible i will because I really enjoy this mod. The sooner the better but I also understand people have lives outside of gaming too. Keep up the good work Cepheus

Sorry if I seem negative right now about re downloading it. If your next update is .21 compatible i will because I really enjoy this mod. The sooner the better but I also understand people have lives outside of gaming too. Keep up the good work Cepheus

CSS is .21 compatible, but the robot arm is not. So, until romfarer fixes his plugin, the .craft file is broken. You can, however, put the parts together and still launch it just as well.

CSS is .21 compatible, but the robot arm is not. So, until romfarer fixes his plugin, the .craft file is broken. You can, however, put the parts together and still launch it just as well.

The robot arm was just updated

Oh btw, when you update it, fix the landing. This thing is WAY too hard to land. with sas on i can't pull up, when i untoggle it to pull up my ship goes way out of wack.

yV9N5Og.png

This is what happens when i tried to pull up when i did my test landing. When i did end up on the runway, going 43 m/s, all wheels touched the ground, it exploded into pieces. I can't really help that as it's impossible to pull up so the back wheels touch first. You NEED to incorporate the new sas into this.

for me it is impossible too landing the Shuttle. I'm moving with 10 m/s and land with all 3 wheels but it always explode when it touches the ground. But with 0.21.1 and the updated Robotic Arms this mod works again with no Problems =)

Easy fix for the wheels until proper wheels are added

Add the stock landing gear over the shuttle gear

This is what happens when i tried to pull up when i did my test landing. When i did end up on the runway, going 43 m/s, all wheels touched the ground, it exploded into pieces. I can't really help that as it's impossible to pull up so the back wheels touch first. You NEED to incorporate the new sas into this.

Yes, this will be fixed. Though, did you remember to dump fuel first? Full, it's impossible to fly, and it should be.

Easy fix for the wheels until proper wheels are added

Add the stock landing gear over the shuttle gear

Ive already attempted this and it works great. you use TT modular wheels and actually force them inside the landing gear bays. then they will not stick out as far. just one or two struts on the inside will secure them nice. they work great

I only have a pic of the sorry attempt for a shuttle im working on. it will launch and it will glide with no engines on for landing. Just having a issue with the OEM engines going crazy at 700m

I spent many hours getting the balance right for lift off and gliding for landing.The design of the wings along with weight of the craft. It took a little for the correct balance on the Rocket part. Ofcourse i give you credit cepheus for your Amazing work on the shuttle parts.

wT32oha.jpg

3OjWTaW.jpg

hINesfj.jpg

IM10jKT.jpg

JAXf1lw.jpg

cDpI3xK.jpg

If you look at the engines they turn almost 90. ive tried with and without MJ. same thing.

swan7bT.jpg?1

Cepheus if it is not ok that i posted these here let me know. ill remove them at once. Thank you for your work with the shuttle.

Edited by viperwolf

I had absolutely no fuel, it glided very good actually.it's just pulling up is a problem.i'd love to do a full on shuttle mission with this. But i usually end up space center and terminating the flight just so i don't explode upon landing. It's too much of a risk. Can't wait when it's fixed though!

Just another thought and this is me personally. Could you remove the American Flag. I am an American and proud of my country but when I play KSP id rather have decals say KSP or no decal at all. This is just a personal preference but if not at least you kept names off so I can add my own.