Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

Well, I'm gonna tell you, release it now. I've tried balancing RCS and the OMS. What you see in RC1 is the best it can get (and the OMS are actually pretty well balanced, considering everything). I recommend the docking camera from Romfarer, it makes docking possible, if not easy. 0.21 might help with the RCS balance, and there's a plugin in the works that might let us fix the OMS, but I think there's no point waiting for them.

Everyone please calm down. Don't tell him to release it now. And to the maker -- don't release it now. Iron out the bugs in the system, test the spacecraft, adjust the hardware and make the improvements. Release it when it's perfect. It's best to release while it's perfect than have 20 forum pages of people crying about how badly you suck for releasing something with faulty thrusters.

They've waited more than a year. They can wait a little bit more. Because I am willing to for a good shuttle. In the mean time, check out Kosmo-Not's newest Shuttle.

Release it when it's perfect.

Sorry, but it'll never be perfect. We do not have the original .dae models and the Squad made a rather stupid decision of making .mu files write-only. That means that unless somebody writes a custom exporter, we cannot modify RCS placement nor the OMS behavior. Plugins, 0.21 RCS update and some node trickery can help, but it'll never be as good as a new Shuttle made from scratch. The Shuttle, despite it's flaws, could be released now, since as far as I know, we fixed all we could fix. I've already tried balancing it, while it worked (more or less) for the OMS, the RCS placement is unworkable in KSP, since you can't adjust it on a per-nozzle bases, nor assign nozzles to particular type of motion.

Oh, and Kosmo-Not's shuttle is stock, ugly, dinky and has no payload bay. In other words, not really good for anything. In fact, if we had folding wings, it could fit into CSS cargo bay. Don't recommend stuff like that just because it vaguely resembles the Shuttle.

Edited by Guest

That they do not exist? The 4.1 pack doesn't have .dae models, and earlier versions are completely different (missing all animations and landing gear, for starters). I've tried locating the .dae models for the current version, but I wasn't able to.

I am also missing the forward RCS. but its in the proper gamedata folder.

That's odd. Is anyone else having problems with the forward RCS part? I just double checked the file, and it's in there. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to redownload the pack and reinstall.

Cepheus, rocket2guns would be proud. Just flew your shuttle, a work of art. Launch was smooth. The model, impressive, the aerodynamics, perfect. I can now archive mt 2.0 version, and proudly fly yours. Thank you for creating this wonderful model.

Indeed, what a fantastic job! Well done! Wish I'd had the time to help out but clearly, you did not need it!