[Request] Custom Skybox

Just wondering if someone with some image editing experience could make me a few custom skyboxes out of some skyboxes I found for Space Engineers. I've been trying for the past week and just can't seem to get it right. I would be using them with Texture Replacer I would be very grateful :) Below are links to the .dds files requested for conversion.

http://skybox.xaelan.com/index.php?page=view&id=46

http://skybox.xaelan.com/index.php?page=view&id=19

So you just want them converted?

For future reference. General Add-on Affairs has a bright pink [Request] prefix that you can use that makes requests very visible. If a mod moves this thread there, you can edit your OP, Go to advanced editing and add the prefix.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

So you just want them converted?

For future reference. General Add-on Affairs has a bright pink [Request] prefix that you can use that makes requests very visible. If a mod moves this thread there, you can edit your OP, Go to advanced editing and add the prefix.

Ah, okay. Sorry about that. Sometimes finding the correct place to post is difficult. But to answer your question, yes. I think custom skyboxes have 6 different TGA files. One for each face of the box.

grab the DDS plugin for GIMP or nVidia DDS plugin for Photoshop. there are layout guides for cubemaps online that are easy to find. single cubemap files are usually in the cross layout or T layout. the rest is just a matter of cropping and saving out the files for textureReplacer. final format doesn't matter, JPG, PNG, TGA, BMP will all work.

grab the DDS plugin for GIMP or nVidia DDS plugin for Photoshop. there are layout guides for cubemaps online that are easy to find. single cubemap files are usually in the cross layout or T layout. the rest is just a matter of cropping and saving out the files for textureReplacer. final format doesn't matter, JPG, PNG, TGA, BMP will all work.

The DDS GIMP plugin is where I am running into problems. For some reason it does not want to load correctly. I'm not sure if its for an older version of GIMP. I tried to download a stand-alone converter and it just outputs a cropped version cutting out much of the orignal picture.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.