[WIP](Important news)Spanners Boomsticks, Parts to complement BD Armory

SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hey, I'm working on finishing a little update including some re texturing , so any comments are welcome . I'm by no means a gun nut, i just like making cool stuff ( quite happily standing on the shoulders of the plugin dev giants to do it as well!)

On some of the re textures I've included a little numerical reference to correct ammo , I'll continue to add those, as even i sometimes get mixed up especially as I have so many different types and shapes now, But until i get the update published there are for most of them references to ammo type in the part selector window

Images below as a little taster of upcoming stuff n things, The mag cannon is currently nothing more than tuned up 105, although with very high speed shells and virtually no drop over 2 km it's a fairly destructive piece of kit. Currently it's crew able by one fine Kerb although that's open to change, also likely to change is the ammo but I''m loathe to scrap it, instead may come a laser version, that's already sitting in the unity waiting room awaiting completion of the Thunderkerb2.

The armed mk1 cockpit is definitely a work in progress, and although fully functional in use , the IVA is being troublesome , more bother than I've had with any other I've done, and constantly refuses to sit in the right position.

YthlAJD.gif?1

As you can see from the image , I have taken a swipe at some more stock like textures and added two new miniguns a single and double unit type, the downside for you fine lot is that the bullet storm has been dropped for now as it's a bit much.

Also any craft using the previous parts especially the dropped turrets will definitely be broken, part names having been changed in some cases for clarity

Minor works have been done to most parts, with firing rates and slew rates being adjusted heavily downwards for the artillery units, more in line with reality i think., the APC dual 105 has had the range massively reduced as well as power and spread of shells and blast radius.

The new heavy duty 50 cal minigun was designed to sit on the top of a security drone and features a built in camera for those using RPM and or the probe control room allowing for remote mayhem, it also features an ammo loading simulation feeding from the built in ammo box

Delivery is expected in a couple of days , or once I've fixed the daughters car, whichever comes soonest

Thanks for the support and comments all useful and appreciated

szJnMUe.png

Yeah, yeah, yeah, those new guns look nice but HOLY FRICKIN' FRICK! That cockpit literary has my jaw on the floor. The integrated guns look lovely jubely and the transparent canopy looks sweet too. I think I need to see the IVA first before I die of amazement.

The new update has just been pushed up to Kerbal stuff after getting a couple of pokes from interested parties.

Everything as mentioned previously is included, even the weaponized mk1 cockpit and a laser version of the huge mostly ornamental MAG cannon, it will destroy things but is not quite a planet popper, and the laser version is a bit limp to say the least, but it looks good,.

Toying with including the thing below if anyone's interested comes with built in weaponry, IVA for 4 but could be lots more and has RPM cams to deal with the lack of iva rotation in the turret, large cargo bay, and lighting and quite a few animated bits n bobs

mtb5X1b.png

SpanerMonkey,

I have a few questions aboot the Quad 50 cannon in a marine style housing, Is there anyway to make it fire its guns one after another and not all 4 at the same time, and increase its max heat /reduce its heat gen? As it it right now it seams to overheat way to fast and (to me) It does not make seance to fire all four barrels at the same time. If memory serves me right another 4 gun Anti-air craft fired its 4 barrels in a rotating fashion to help reduce heat and increase firing time.

SpanerMonkey,

I have a few questions aboot the Quad 50 cannon.

It's something thats bugged me since a made it, i'd much rather have it fire in the manner described , I looked at that when I finished it but couldn't get it to behave , I'll take another go as I've had another idea regarding the how.

Might want to ask BahamutoD about it as he has his hydra rocket pods fire in a certain order might be the same way as in this also? I've begun to experiment with the heat myself If i find a good setting I'll post it up here to share.

Links fixed , sorry for the confusion, screw up. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. as always assumption once again is the mother of all screw ups, I'd assumed that the KS link was the same and forgot to delete the old dropbox version.

Thanks again

RE alternate fire sadly the rockets and guns use two very different systems so it's not that easy, I've made rocket launchers but not bothered adding them as there's not enough variety of designs to be worth pursuing. trying out some ideas

Am i the only one getting massive issues with Tweakscale?

when i alt-click duplicate parts or use symmetry it auto scales the other part way way up to 5m, and there is no way to fix it.

I'm removing Tweakscale & infernal robotics, but this also doesn't happen with the other BDArmory parts.

The addition of tweakscale is very experimental, as it's not required in most cases, there is a chance of some conflict always, and I have not encountered similar issues with my install although I will check it again just to make sure, BDArmory parts do not feature tweakscale as standard and issues like yours may be the reason.

Do check your log for instances of error however, while i can't fix any issues tweakscale has with the BDA plugin I can fix issues with the parts themselves

Can you convert all your textures to MBM or PNG? TGA is notoriously bugged, it takes up memory and sometimes refuses to load. Seriously, don't use it.

Hi all just a quicky post to let you know that the latest update is available, more texture work, converted all textures to png , added Phalanx CIWS and single barrel 30mm Ball turret . further work on mk1 weaponised, internal and external some experimental smoke effects when firing, these are a completely new experience being the first time I've messed with the KSP particle emitter. So they may yet disappear if I can't achieve the results I want

Due to exceeding the current possibilities of the BA plugin it is not possible at this time to arrange the weapons so that multi barreled units fire in rotation or alternate.

As this would entail a complete re write of the plugin please don't hold your breath, as you know Bahamuto has several mods he works on, and I'm patient so you'll have to be also.

Thanks for your interest

21BVWUF.png?1

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
typo frenzy

awww sad to hear about the non firing one after another thingy (thought it would be easy because of how the weapon manager knows how to fire bombs one after another to keep balance) but oh well.

i'd like to ask if it's posible to make some more surf attach cannons? i think the cannons we get are very... bulky... and would like something like the howitzer cannon (maybe smaller?)

if i'm just being an ass asking for this then just ignore it. i just thought 4 cannons and a heckton of machineguns/rockets is a bit iffy