[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

As far as I can tell, Duodex copied and pasted the entire thread into a previously nonexistent post by Endersmens that was "made" six or seven months ago. It's cheating the system a bit, but hey, it works!

Not precisely. It was done by taking one of Endersmens' posts that was older than the OP and copying it into this thread, then editing that post to contain what was in your OP. It can only work if the new OP has a post older than the OP, otherwise it wouldn't be possible (and is still a bit tricky nonetheless). If a new thread had been created then anyone who had subscribed to the original would lose their subscription without knowing about it.

Not precisely. It was done by taking one of Endersmens' posts that was older than the OP and copying it into this thread, then editing that post to contain what was in your OP. It can only work if the new OP has a post older than the OP, otherwise it wouldn't be possible (and is still a bit tricky nonetheless). If a new thread had been created then anyone who had subscribed to the original would lose their subscription without knowing about it.

That explains why there's months between the OP and the first reply. :P

I'm considering giving up.

The problem is everyone else in the WBG won't give up probably. So I'll still be stuck with guessing who has light green bars. :/

Also, I hate how some of the highest repped people have hidden theirs. I get that it's supposed to be humble but like. You're the image of this community, you're the best posters we have, so why hide the recognition? You guys set the examples we want people to follow, but they might not follow if you've hidden your rep, they might think you have zero or negative rep.

And yes this is slightly directed at RIC. He has the most rep on this forum and he deserves it, and other people should know about it. And Sal_Vager too, his is hidden also.

My two cents I guess. Nice to see those shiny green bars though MRS!

The problem is everyone else in the WBG won't give up probably. So I'll still be stuck with guessing who has light green bars. :/

Also, I hate how some of the highest repped people have hidden theirs. I get that it's supposed to be humble but like. You're the image of this community, you're the best posters we have, so why hide the recognition? You guys set the examples we want people to follow, but they might not follow if you've hidden your rep, they might think you have zero or negative rep.

And yes this is slightly directed at RIC. He has the most rep on this forum and he deserves it, and other people should know about it. And Sal_Vager too, his is hidden also.

My two cents I guess. Nice to see those shiny green bars though MRS!

Yeah, I really started it as a joke, I expected everyone to quit about now, really. I see how it creates a problem for you, maybe you could say "Last seen with X rep?"

Yeah, I really started it as a joke, I expected everyone to quit about now, really. I see how it creates a problem for you, maybe you could say "Last seen with X rep?"

It's not about my managing the list. That was just a side effect. I can deal with that. It's just what I mentioned in my last post that I find problematic. Some of the most helpful posters here have nothing to show for their efforts, nothing to show newbies that they've been there and helped everyone and fought fires and just been a great forum goer.

Maybe they'll follow you're lead. Maybe you could close the white bar thread or something. I don't know. If they keep theirs hidden that's their decision. I just wish they wouldn't. :sealed: (and this includes all members of the white bar group, even if you don't have much rep, it's still there and you can still be proud of it. I was stoked when my bar turned green! )

It's not about my managing the list. That was just a side effect. I can deal with that. It's just what I mentioned in my last post that I find problematic. Some of the most helpful posters here have nothing to show for their efforts, nothing to show newbies that they've been there and helped everyone and fought fires and just been a great forum goer.

Maybe they'll follow you're lead. Maybe you could close the white bar thread or something. I don't know. If they keep theirs hidden that's their decision. I just wish they wouldn't. :sealed: (and this includes all members of the white bar group, even if you don't have much rep, it's still there and you can still be proud of it. I was stoked when my bar turned green! )

I really don't know. I don't think closing the thread is quite fair. Maybe I'll stop maintaining it. I think I'll do that.

I would really encourage not judging anyone who wants to hide rep. They've got their reasons. I'm sure there are those who would judge us for what we post here. As long as no one is trying to 'have it both ways' it should not be a problem. And whatever happens with WBG, there will still be a white bar option for the forum--which I think is a good thing overall.

I recommend a quick scan of Upsilon's original LGG list which existed before the white bar was a forum option, and noting which names on that list no longer show rep. We would miss any names that got their first bar after Upsilon's last update and then went white, but I think that's OK. Carry RIC and others in a "Gone, But Not Un-Repped" section and that's that. I would be happy to do that work if you would like, Endersmens.

I would really encourage not judging anyone who wants to hide rep. They've got their reasons. I'm sure there are those who would judge us for what we post here. As long as no one is trying to 'have it both ways' it should not be a problem. And whatever happens with WBG, there will still be a white bar option for the forum--which I think is a good thing overall.

I recommend a quick scan of Upsilon's original LGG list which existed before the white bar was a forum option, and noting which names on that list no longer show rep. We would miss any names that got their first bar after Upsilon's last update and then went white, but I think that's OK. Carry RIC and others in a "Gone, But Not Un-Repped" section and that's that. I would be happy to do that work if you would like, Endersmens.

I wasn't judging anyone, just sharing my opinion on the matter. (Besides who can judge RIC and sal? :0.0: )

And yeah, that was already the plan.

Yesterday I updated the list to use the BBcode list function, which will make weekly updates very easy, now I'm faced with the massive task of re-ordering 126 names and adding 27 news ones.

I would wager that I will have that completed by the end of the week, if not before. :)

Hi I don't know when my bar became light green but I had been lurking for years and only awoken to unleash kitten mayhem in February or so this year :3

Welcome to the light green group! You'll see your name on the list as soon as I can update it. :)

So.. Endersmens? How is the Light Green Group update going? No pressure :) Thanks for taking on this project!

- - - Updated - - -

And on the white bar issue, I think I have a solution. They will not be on the list, however, anyone who was already on the list but now has a white bar will be included at the bottom in a "we know you're here" group. That way they still are on the light green group page, even if they won't show their true colors. :D

In my honest opinion, I don't think they should be added - I think we should respect that they want to hide their rep, and I think seeing themselves on the LGG page would only mildly irritate. Plus, it would be a more difficult burden to be getting lists from old updates to see which Light Greeners joined the White Bar Group.

So.. Endersmens? How is the Light Green Group update going? No pressure :) Thanks for taking on this project!

- - - Updated - - -

In my honest opinion, I don't think they should be added - I think we should respect that they want to hide their rep, and I think seeing themselves on the LGG page would only mildly irritate. Plus, it would be a more difficult burden to be getting lists from old updates to see which Light Greeners joined the White Bar Group.

Not really, the way I'm updating is just looking at the forum list and moving my list. If they don't appear, I'll take them out and put them in the unknown group. It's pretty simple. Just as easy as deleting them when they disappear.

I'm still in the process of moving the names into the new list. (156 names is a lot)

Post everywhere. Make funny posts. Make ships. Make jokes. Be friendly and helpful. That seems to be what people are doing these days.

This. Really, getting reputation is tricky. Some of the coolest ships out there hardly get any, but sometimes a single funny (or helpful, or just overwhelmingly true/relevant) post will get you several comments. Doing unique and interesting things is almost a surefire way to get some rep, like my Blender renders of other people's craft. (Which I assure you I'll be getting back to shortly!) Write a KSP fan fiction, or a tutorial. Whatever you choose to do is fine, do it well, like what you do, and if rep comes your way, even better.

Never strive for reputation for its face value, of which it has none. If that's all you want, then what you want is pointless.

Post everywhere. Make funny posts. Make ships. Make jokes. Be friendly and helpful. That seems to be what people are doing these days.

You don't need to post everywhere, but quoting people appears to be good way. After craft, of course. Post craft, post craft, and post more craft. And spend a long time on them, testing, building, refining. It will show. Also, replicas. People recognize craft from real life, and they rep it. If it doesn't look stock, or even better, not like KSP at all, so much the better. People rep craft because they enjoy looking at them. Make the release page enjoyable, and useful. If it has lots un-spoilered pictures, it will take to long to load. Same with animated gifs. Take your craft out for a photo shoot, to get the best pictures of it. Even if it would never look like that during flight. Imagine you're a kerbal, and take picture like you're looking at it from kerbal eye-level.

TL;DR, make replicas and present them like a movie.

Alternatively, bash squad and post in the "How many points to the next rep level" thread. Ideally, both.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.