[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Not really seeing the problem with the existing K cockpit. It looks just fine.

But his new WIP one looks even better, and since looking right is the most important part of flying right, I'd say he's doing it right

New K stuff looks awesome.

Something I find to be missing is a bigger beefier main wing part, the existing one is great for J aircraft, but looks silly on K

I would suggest looking into B9 Procedural Wings. They're fantastically flexible and really good looking. I use them extensively, having largely stopped using all other wing parts, save a few of the stock control surfaces (which remain practical for tail stabilizers, elevators, rudders and stabilators). You can even adjust them to not have a trailing or leading edge, and attach control surfaces there.

New K stuff looks awesome.

Something I find to be missing is a bigger beefier main wing part, the existing one is great for J aircraft, but looks silly on K

I recommend getting creative with the huge stock airplane wings. I've been making a habit of playing with those and the smaller curved deltas because they actually have some surface geometry to them and look a little more alive. Tweakscale helps too, although I mostly use it for winglets.

screenshot51%20%282%29.png

screenshot59.png

I know it's not K fuselage, but you get the picture. The placement and rotation adjustment tools are a godsend.

I often have a bunch of problems with OPT parts or things attached to them being really jittery and ripping themselves apart, and not even going down straight on the runway even though they're perfectly symmetrical. Is there a fix for that?

I often have a bunch of problems with OPT parts or things attached to them being really jittery and ripping themselves apart, and not even going down straight on the runway even though they're perfectly symmetrical. Is there a fix for that?

IIRC that issue should be fixed by the part remodel in the next version....

IIRC that issue should be fixed by the part remodel in the next version....
In the mean time be careful about part clipping, OPT reacts badly to parts sticking into other parts in some areas, I've noticed this with the K cargo and fuel modules, anything sticking into it too far is guaranteed to come apart on the runway, moving parts out to where they just merge helps and a liberal use of struts is also very helpful.

I got multiple of null reference errors with FAR when using OPT Space Plane Scram Jet Engine. Randomly it gets ripped apart! At litfoff or during high flight like in the vids below...

Removing the scramjet fixed it... I reached space only on thermalnuclear engines.

I got multiple of null reference errors with FAR when using OPT Space Plane Scram Jet Engine. Randomly it gets ripped apart! At litfoff or during high flight like in the vids below...

Removing the scramjet fixed it... I reached space only on thermalnuclear engines.

Can't say anything about the errors but it looks to me like you're going too fast. That's a powerful engine on a small plane.

(the structural failures are FAR. Either disable structural failures in the FAR menus or fly within its limits)

Lets look other thing the logs with and without engine:

http://i.imgur.com/AFizglU.png

and without:

http://i.imgur.com/EIZwigD.png

I got rip apart at ~200m/s at low altitudes and about 2kms /s at 40km, totaly random. Sometimes just at liftoff sometimes at 5km at speed of ~300m/s. This is something FAR is miscalculating and it involves some errors at TuroboRamJet... With other engines from different mod everything is OK. I posted this on FAR topic but it trully is something with OPT TurboRamJet...

Structural failures, I know they came from FAR. But why the hell the whole plane disintegrates while flying straight ? WHOLE! not intakes, not only landing gears... WHOLE, the fuselage gets disintegrated while flying straight not turning or something... In the video above it disintegrates at 40km at speed of 2km/s while it does not disintegrate at 20km(much thicker atmosphere) at 1 km/s ? WHY ? And why it can randomly disintegrate at 200m/s at sea level ? Also flying into the stream...

Edited by zomos

Zomos, I don't know. When I play with FAR (which I usually don't) I play without structural failures at all because I don't consider them to be handled in a realistic or reasonable fashion.

Also, instead of screenshots showing the errors, why not post the actual logs that have the errors? (output_log.txt if Windows; player.log if Linux or Mac. No ksp.log)

The log files will actually tell you where those errors are actually happening. (i.e. what class and method the exception was thrown in and which classes/methods called it as far down the chain as can be traced)

And, apropos of nothing in particular, I'll leave my latest creation here. (which happens to have the same Turbo Ramjet... used in what I hope is an interesting manner :))

WHhWFLUh.jpg

Hi, I have a problem:

My cockpit only shows 2 kerbals (it should be more). This only happens with my OPT cockpits, the others are working fine. I've tried to fix it by reinstalling the OPT mod but it didn't work. Any ideas?

You can't fix it. It's because the internal only has 2 seats set up. It has to be fixed in the mod itself

Still my planes using FAR and OPT explode. Even when I disabled the Structural failures due to aerodynamic stress. The plane choice was to totally disintegrate when I turned on the OPT Engine. Here the log please:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65797etjd5eungf/output_log_ksp_opt.txt?dl=0

extreme amount of NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object it says about FAR. The lack of OPT Engine and everything works fine... The null exceptions of mumech are from thermalnuclear engines of other mod. Any clues ?