[1.6.x] Distant Object Enhancement bis v1.9.1.1 (16 October 2018) - Free to a Good Home

MOARdV

Distant Object Enhancement is a visual enhancement mod that makes objects realistically visible over large distances. It is an update of Rubber Ducky's Distant Object Enhancement.

8090EYq.png

mYIBwXw.png

VYMvQjd.png

Download the latest release from GitHub.

This version keeps Ducktopia's CC Attribution 4.0 International license.

Source code here: Github source

Edited by MOARdV
DOE v1.9.1.1

YAYAYAYAYAYAY thanks so much! :D

Edit: After acutally using this it is a million times better than the previous version: being able to spot a flare mouse over it and see that its your old station adds so much more to being in space

Edited by montyben101

YAYAYAYAYAYAY thanks so much! :D

Edit: After acutally using this it is a million times better than the previous version: being able to spot a flare mouse over it and see that its your old station adds so much more to being in space

Yeah, that is a very cool feature. Thank Anatid for coming up with that - I can not take any credit for it.

Does this version have a cutoff feature for the flares when looking at distant bodies with telescopes?

Short answer: no. Long answer: What mod are you using for the telescope? I might be able to sort it out (no promises).

Does this version have a cutoff feature for the flares when looking at distant bodies with telescopes?
Short answer: no. Long answer: What mod are you using for the telescope? I might be able to sort it out (no promises).

I assume Rubber Ducky's CactEye Telescope.

Rubber Ducky once said he didn't had the time to fix the flare-issue between his two mods.

Here you see the flare overlaps Jool.

Edited by johnwayne1930

Lately I've been working on updating CactEye, and that is one issue that I've also considered taking a heavy look at. One idea I had was for a wrapper to be produced to where telescope mods can either turnoff or adjust the flare setting as the scope zooms in.

I used this mod before until 0.25 broke it. Then I started using PlanetShine, which doesn't have the same purpose, but changes lightning conditions in space and such. Will these 2 conflict?

I'm using both, I haven't seen any problem.

I used this mod before until 0.25 broke it. Then I started using PlanetShine, which doesn't have the same purpose, but changes lightning conditions in space and such. Will these 2 conflict?

No, they will not conflict (I use both). Even better, Valerian, who made PlanetShine, submitted a fix to DOE so that the planet shine doesn't affect the other planet flares.

Lately I've been working on updating CactEye, and that is one issue that I've also considered taking a heavy look at. One idea I had was for a wrapper to be produced to where telescope mods can either turnoff or adjust the flare setting as the scope zooms in.

It should be easy to make a public method in FlareDraw to suppress flare drawing temporarily. The setting is exposed in DistantObjectSettings.DistantFlare.flaresEnabled, as well, but that's the config file setting, so toggling it there will cause the setting to change in the GUI. We can hash it out in PM, if you like.

ssooooo.... yes or not on compatability with CactiOptics? I love this mod from back in .24 and I REALLY want to use it in .25, but I'm afraid it'll have a fight with my telescopes (that I have yet to put into space, working on it now)... if I can get a comformation I'd love it!

The reason I ask is because I have a slow computer, and it takes about 8 minutes for KSP to start up (dispite it being slow, I love mods) and even after its started up, it takes a little while for things to notice their working, so when I click the VAB building, it takes a little bit, then, once I've built my ship, it takes a little longer (depending on part count) to get to the launch pad... and it sucks... alot... and i'm the impatient person... so its a bit ironic that I play KSP with so many mods on a slow computer... regardless... is THIS version of DOE compatable with RD's version of Cacti? and, when will the updated version of Cacti come out? I saw that someone was working on it somewhere

ssooooo.... yes or not on compatability with CactiOptics? I love this mod from back in .24 and I REALLY want to use it in .25, but I'm afraid it'll have a fight with my telescopes (that I have yet to put into space, working on it now)... if I can get a comformation I'd love it!

The reason I ask is because I have a slow computer, and it takes about 8 minutes for KSP to start up (dispite it being slow, I love mods) and even after its started up, it takes a little while for things to notice their working, so when I click the VAB building, it takes a little bit, then, once I've built my ship, it takes a little longer (depending on part count) to get to the launch pad... and it sucks... alot... and i'm the impatient person... so its a bit ironic that I play KSP with so many mods on a slow computer... regardless... is THIS version of DOE compatable with RD's version of Cacti? and, when will the updated version of Cacti come out? I saw that someone was working on it somewhere

Take a look on page 2 of this thread. They are working on something that might interest you.

Well the only conflict between DOE and Cacti is that the flares make it so you can't see what you are pointing at once you zoom in, but they make it easier when you are zoomed out, this new version makes it so you can access the DOE settings menu while in flight instead of just at the space center, so you can find your target, zoom in, open the settings panel and turn flares off and there you go no issues, take your picture and then you can turn the flares back on.

This is awesome in my opinion as I hated having to go back to the space center to toggle the flares every time I wanted to take pictures with the telescope.

Aside from the flares there was never any kind of functional conflict between the two, you just had to trun flares off when you were doing stuf with the telescopes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.