[MechJeb2] How to land a Spaceplane?

Hmmm...First of all, I am not using FAR or NEAR, and I am not particularly good at landing a spaceplane by hand. Can anyone recommend a mod thad has even a half-decent spaceplane guidance?

Nope; there isn't one, although mods like DaMichel's Kerbal Flight Indicators that provide a HUD make it easier. Just plant your prograde marker on the end of the runway and cruise in.

But it's not too hard; you just need to learn to fly. See post #2 in the Kerbodyne thread linked below. It's written for FAR, but the same basic techniques work in stock.

If you're having trouble building something flyable, see https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbnz9s8k9h7gwgb/Kerbodyne%20Benchmark%20StockAir.craft?dl=0 for an easy stock aero trainer.

screenshot20_zpse294b06c.png

Edited by Wanderfound

Also adjust your center of lift slightly forward of cog (for a slower landing speed). center of lift aft of COG will mean you'll need more speed to keep from stalling and can make it harder to get a good touchdown. As said before mechjeb is better at powered landings I have found with a COL forward of the COG that 6 degree glide slope works well. and kill the throttle when your just short of the runway.

Edited by Stavell

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.