Project Alexandria: a history of spaceflight done in Real Solar System

Felbourn

12 hours ago, Dman979 said:

it was. :)

I admit I snickered when I first read that.

150px-Zond_2.jpg arrow-right.png RgXZzF1.png 

Anyway, I have news. I got a chance to watch the uploaded version and there might be a problem. The landing sequence looks very jumpy as if I had a low frame rate, but the original is not that way. It might be something with the way the video editor exported it. I need to go back and check. If I have to fix this, it means uploading a new version and this whole dispute thing might happen all over again in the same places. So I am torn on what I want to do. :( 

Edited by Felbourn

Just now, Felbourn said:

I admit I snickered when I first read that.

150px-Zond_2.jpg arrow-right.png RgXZzF1.png 

Anyway, I have news. I got a chance to watch the uploaded version and there might be a problem. The landing sequence looks very jumpy as if I had a low frame rate, but the original is not that way. I might be something with the way the video editor exported it. I need to go back and check. If I have to fix this, it means uploading a new version and this whole dispute thing might happen all over again in the same places. So I am torn on what I want to do. :( 

We've waited since .90 for this, we can wait a little longer for a good video.

3 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

If I have to fix this, it means uploading a new version and this whole dispute thing might happen all over again in the same places. So I am torn on what I want to do. :( 

You could release the original to the forums on monday and the fixed one to YouTube when the copyright issues are resolved, perhaps?

Don't show this around, but here, see what you think. I don't like the low FPS looking landing. You can also check for other potential major screw-ups that I could still have time to fix if I need to make a second version for the landing anyway.

38 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

Don't show this around, but here, see what you think. I don't like the low FPS looking landing. You can also check for other potential major screw-ups that I could still have time to fix if I need to make a second version for the landing anyway.

Whooo hoo! Would you say that the low FPS could be caused by executive overflows? And I will proof/enjoy this!

I think the bad rendering rate of the landing sequence might have come from a bug in my video editor. I was using very very high speed playback (like... 30x real time) and I also told the renderer to use hardware acceleration. I think maybe there's a bug with using hardware acceleration in some cases. I will go home and render a new copy without acceleration and see if it improves. I am certain it should appear much much smoother.

Do you think the landing stuttering was very bad and I should do that? Even if it means another round of copyright claims? Or leave it alone and just release on Monday?

23 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

Do you think the landing stuttering was very bad and I should do that? Even if it means another round of copyright claims? Or leave it alone and just release on Monday?

I honestly didn't notice it. Not sure about everyone else, but I was too busy taking in all the information given (not to say there's too much)

Yea... I agree, it's a friggin 52 minute long video... yikes! That's a lot. It's loaded and loaded with information. I can't believe how long it turned out but I had a story to tell. I only hoped it was not overwhelmingly too much information.

1 hour ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

I honestly didn't notice it. Not sure about everyone else, but I was too busy taking in all the information given (not to say there's too much)

I'm going to agree. I didn't notice anything bad about the landing animation. The whole package is done so well and so much information is coming through that the visuals don't need to steal the show. 

I know what I will do... I'll check for the editor to see if I was right, and make a new video if I was right. I'll upload it and see if it generates claims. If so, I'll delete it and go with what we have. If not, I'll replace the bad one. Yea! Problem solved.

I got home and checked the source video that I had uploaded to YouTube and there is no slowdown in the landing. It must have been my playback of the video. Maybe my browser. Anyway, I'll release this Monday to people who don't visit here and saw it was out early. :)  You got a special sneak peek.

4 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

I got home and checked the source video that I had uploaded to YouTube and there is no slowdown in the landing. It must have been my playback of the video. Maybe my browser. Anyway, I'll release this Monday to people who don't visit here and saw it was out early. :)  You got a special sneak peek.

Yeah, I never saw any slow down.  I think this is the best episode yet.  GREAT job.

Amazing work Bob! Definitely your best video yet! You did miss a few interesting facts though. But still, amazing! I hope the rest of 1969 will be just as good. There were still a crazy amount of space flight firsts in 1969 besides Apollo 11.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.