This Will Not End Well (post images of your craft in a precarious situation)

John FX

How in the name of the Kraken did that happen? I mean, I know the biplanes are a little tough to fly, but to lose the engine, upper wing support, and lower wings, that had to take some doing.

Just a very hard landing. I thought everything had exploded but then the fuselage and cockpit came flying out...

TBH it was all attached to the node on the front of the fuselage, it was quite understrutted (Is that even a word?)

It had to be done..

For science..

The idea was to send out 4 probes, each with ion drives.

Not to mention a Kerbal strapped on top of them.

Opened the solar panels in orbit and they violently collided with each other, sending the pods flying out into space and debris everywhere..

Think I should of checked that before I launched..

Oops..

This pic is take 2, with the small solar panels that don't open.

Worked out pretty decent :P

CA87E08C705FBED4E195762184556946920C0A69

More goodies here if you like pics: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989020946/screenshots/?appid=220200&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Edited by B15hop

Attempting to land but misjudged the height of that ridge I'm about to slam into. Oh well might as well get a screenshot of the impending disaster...

F903E5BD5B3F604897D4A96102D27C5FD1BC0732

But wait I didn't explode. I actually landed but ramped the ridge and shot off the other side. BTW did I mention I was out of fuel:

B7F45E1CC584C956C3253CD99BB3DDE9D915E2B0

Actually manged to land again but not so fast...this did not end well. The ladder was not placed properly and the game glitched and ctd when I got out and tried to get back in. So all this never happened.:mad:

309DBBF72EA65672202235ADC2A64ACC2239069E

Made like 6 variations of this thing and sent it everywhere, felt kinda good about it, then I noticed that I put the robotic core after the docking port and decoupler and effectively made my orbiter with refuel capabilities just an orbiter or space debris if I jettison the core. Looks like I will be sending several rescue missions and new scanning orbiters to some systems I expected to move this one around in.

368E8FFF366A6E227E21B84A7D84EA069F6D449F

It's difficult to see in this pic but trust me it's right there in between the docking port and probe core on the orbiter. Same thing for the lab below but at least I have more docking ports on it. Not that that makes Hadbald feel any better because it's the wrong size for him to dock.

2A996AFCC4664B7C60B687850463EC2291C2FC1E

Sucks hard.

Edited by Bigbootie

Decided to deorbit the Eve lander from its successful "get-to-orbit" test and land back at KSP. Came down on the wrong side of the mountains. (Actually most of the lander survived the 12 m/s landing on the 23 degree slope, but one of the mainsails blowed up real good.)

M3aBsnQ.jpg

So I just noticed that it was the last engine in the asparagus (of a pair) that blowed up. So since this is Kerbin, not Eve (on Eve this would be doom), I am going to just deactivate the opposite mainsail, and try a reascent to orbit. (Yeehaw!)

WvwF9Mi.jpg

Yah, nope. Missing mainsail left me too unbalanced.

g0CUhMN.jpg

Edited by James_Eh
Add results

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.