The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

23 minutes ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Uninstall Scatter, plus both sunflare files if they are selected. Then reinstall Scatter and pick one sun flare only.

AstronikiSunflare and the default Scatterer-sunflare are mutually exclusive. One or the other but never both together .

If you mess around with it too much it is possible to get passed the mutual lock but it then throws the Kraken in defense. You simply can't use both files together.

6 minutes ago, politas said:

What happened is that part of Scatterer was broken out into a separate CKAN entry, in order to allow Astroniki Sunflare to work. AS has been mentioned, uninstall Scatterer, then reinstall, which will prompt you to choose a sunflare option.

Yes, this works...for some reason if I tried to uninstall as a part of an update action as well (updating other mods, while uninstalling scatterer) i would get the same error.

If I update separately, then uninstall, it worked.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ignath said:

Yes, this works...for some reason if I tried to uninstall as a part of an update action as well (updating other mods, while uninstalling scatterer) i would get the same error.

If I update separately, then uninstall, it worked.  Thanks!

Yes, that's a known bug. For now, do upgrades and new installs separately.

14 hours ago, politas said:

1. I have the exact same situation. I have symlinked a folder on my RAID array to <all of my various KSP game folders>/CKAN/downloads - Means I only download each file once, and my SSD has only what it needs.

You have my interest, and now I have to research how to "symlink" a folder!  Sounds like what I want to do.  I'm assuming (yes, I know) that it links the original folder to another folder and files will dump there instead, regardless of what drive it is on.

Well, either I'm exhausted or eat up with the dumbass, (I'm usually pretty good about this stuff) I'm having a hard time figuring it out for now.

Thanks!

TB2

Edited by TBryson2

1 hour ago, TBryson2 said:

You have my interest, and now I have to research how to "symlink" a folder!  Sounds like what I want to do.  I'm assuming (yes, I know) that it links the original folder to another folder and files will dump there instead, regardless of what drive it is on.

Well, either I'm exhausted or eat up with the dumbass, (I'm usually pretty good about this stuff) I'm having a hard time figuring it out for now.

Thanks!

TB2

In Windows, I believe a folder shortcut does the same thing.

On 17/05/2016 at 9:00 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

In Windows symlinks are usually made from the command line with the mklink command. I don't think folder shortcuts do the same thing.

ok, so you'd need to do 

mklink /d <YourKSPInstall>\CKAN\downloads <FolderOutsideYourSSD>

Though I'd be interested to know whether anyone is successfully using a shortcut instead. (Or has tried to do so unsuccessfully)

Edited by politas
Reversed order of parameters per feedback

9 hours ago, politas said:

ok, so you'd need to do 

mklink /d <FolderOutsideYourSSD> <YourKSPInstall>\CKAN\downloads

Though I'd be interested to know whether anyone is successfully using a shortcut instead. (Or has tried to do so unsuccessfully)

I just did this and it's useful to note that if your paths have any spaces in them, you need to surround the path in double quotes.

1 hour ago, curiousepic said:

I just did this and it's useful to note that if your paths have any spaces in them, you need to surround the path in double quotes.

Correct, this is true in general when entering paths through the command line.

49 minutes ago, edemlama said:

KSP is in my application folder, I don't use Steam. I'm using CKAN with Mono 

Is it linux or MAC ? Have you hidden KSP folder by accident ? On linux machines it could be if you have installed in ".ksp" instead of "ksp" folder. I'm not familiar with all of linux distributions and have no experience with MAC at all if you use it.

A bit of more details of your hardware/OS KSP version might help to provide support sooner and better.

3 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Is it linux or MAC ? Have you hidden KSP folder by accident ? On linux machines it could be if you have installed in ".ksp" instead of "ksp" folder. I'm not familiar with all of linux distributions and have no experience with MAC at all if you use it.

A bit of more details of your hardware/OS KSP version might help to provide support sooner and better.

Mac OsX 10.11.4 my KSP folder is not hidden. Also I have way more applications than the ten that show up in the window CKAN

1 hour ago, edemlama said:

Mac OsX 10.11.4 my KSP folder is not hidden. Also I have way more applications than the ten that show up in the window CKAN

Okay, I just tried this on OSX, and the file select dialogue seems to have no useful information whatsoever. It only lets you look from home folder. This seems like a bug...

EDIT: This is a known issue https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1276

Edited by blowfish

6 minutes ago, edemlama said:

so no CKAN for OSX? :(

Sounds like no. There might be ways around this issue, such as symlinking your KSP install into somewhere in your home directory, but that's somewhat involved and the CKAN devs tell me there might be other issues with the OSX version as well.

Edited by blowfish

5 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Sounds like no. There might be ways around this issue, such as symlinking your KSP install into somewhere in your home directory, but that's somewhat involved and the CKAN devs tell me there might be other issues with the OSX version as well.

Bummer! Thanks for the help tho 

On May 17, 2016 at 8:40 AM, politas said:

ok, so you'd need to do 

mklink /d <FolderOutsideYourSSD> <YourKSPInstall>\CKAN\downloads

I just tried these instructions & get "cannot create a file when that file already exists ".  My target and source folders are empty.  I am trying to link these two folders so all downloads go to the target drive\folder.   Perhaps I'm missing something here?  Also, don't intend to hijack this thread, but I don't seem to be the only one with this concern

4 hours ago, edemlama said:

Bummer! Thanks for the help tho 

It works fine for me.  I have CKAN in the same folder as KSP, and have never had to select the program like that.

Edited by Ranger

7 hours ago, TBryson2 said:

I just tried these instructions & get "cannot create a file when that file already exists ".  My target and source folders are empty.  I am trying to link these two folders so all downloads go to the target drive\folder.   Perhaps I'm missing something here?  Also, don't intend to hijack this thread, but I don't seem to be the only one with this concern

Sorry, I was assuming some basic computer knowledge. You'll need to delete the <YourKSPInstall>\CKAN\downloads folder first (or move it to the off-SSD location if there is anything in it) first.

4 hours ago, Ranger said:

It works fine for me.  I have CKAN in the same folder as KSP, and have never had to select the program like that.

So what line do I have to put in terminal in order to start using Mono and CKAN? Now I use:

cd Downloads

mono ckan.exe

would I have to use 

cd Applications

mono ckan.exe ?

1 minute ago, edemlama said:

So what line do I have to put in terminal in order to start using Mono and CKAN? Now I use:

cd Downloads

mono ckan.exe

would I have to use 

cd Applications

mono ckan.exe ?

Difficult to say. Put the ckan.exe file you downloaded in the main folder of your KSP install, wherever that may be. Then from your terminal, cd to that folder, and then you should be able to run the following:

mono ./ckan.exe

Pretty sure that should work, but MacOSX is weird.

5 hours ago, edemlama said:

cd Downloads

mono ckan.exe

would I have to use 

cd Applications

mono ckan.exe ?

You do not even need to do that.

Put CKAN in the same folder as your KSP.app.  For example, assuming that you did not change the name of the folder after unzipping it but you did move it to the Applications folder, if you go into "/Applications/KSP_osx/"

Then you type in :

mono /Applications/KSP_osx/ckan.exe

You do not need to cd to it.  CKAN will check to see if there is a KSP.app in the folder that it is in first, and if there is you will not have to manually find it.

3 minutes ago, Ranger said:

You do not even need to do that.

Put CKAN in the same folder as your KSP.app.  For example, assuming that you did not change the name of the folder after unzipping it but you did move it to the Applications folder, if you go into "/Applications/KSP_osx/"

Then you type in :

mono /Applications/KSP_osx/ckan.exe

You do not need to cd to it.  CKAN will check to see if there is a KSP.app in the folder that it is in first, and if there is you will not have to manually find it.

It works!!!! Thanks!!