[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

As a side note, I'd really like one of those giant single nozzle lower stage engines like what was planned for the Sea Dragon in the 7.5m diameter. Any chance of something like that?

It's certainly possible. Right now I'm planning on individual 3.75m engines (like the KR-2L Rhino, but a little taller) that can be clustered up to get the 24k thrust I'm aiming for, so a 4x cluster that sticks out at the corners.

But a super-huge single engine can certainly work too.

I'm also looking at making a range of space engines (poodle-like in concept, but more reasonably sized) for 3.75m, 5m, and 7.5m.

In the meantime, here's a lineup of tanks so far. The one of the right matches the length of the longest tanks in my other mods (including SpaceY), at 15m.

KSP%202015-08-20%2016-38-21-23.jpg

Hehe, glad you guys are getting excited. This is a fun project, for sure. :)

Necrobones, could you add a 7.5 meter probe core and heatshield? I want to land one of these things!

Yep, actually I'm probably going to have something to show soon.

Love the 7.5M parts! :D Gonna fill out that 'Colossal Rocketry' Node?

Heh, actually most of it will probably end up in "Gigantic Rocketry". I'm thinking "Colossal" makes more sense for 10m parts, but then again, sometimes I shove the bigger or more advanced engines upward by a node too. So we'll see. ;)

Is it intentional that M5 engine only has gimbal in all-on mode? I'm seeing no gimbal when toggled to high-efficiency mode.

You know, I think it used to work, so I'll have to fire it up and see if it's doing that at my end. The thing is, the alternate engine modes use different transforms (to achieve the right thrust effect), but the gimbal can only be defined with one transform name. It's possible that it gets confused. If that's the case, we're stuck. But like I said, it used to work, so maybe something else is going on, like a bad interaction with another mod.

EDIT: I think I see what's going on. It looks like the hierarchy is causing it to not rotate the flame effects. I'll see what (if anything) I can do about that.

EDIT 2: I think I have a work-around, which is good, since it looks like it affects all of the multi-mode engines. It's a little tedious, but I expect to get something together soon.

Edited by NecroBones

Colossal rocketry hey? What about gargantuan rocketry for 15m parts? Ridiculously enormous rocketry for 20m parts... Obscenely turbo huge rocketry for 30m parts... Horrifyingly monstrous rocketry for 50m... What are you even doing rocketry for 100m parts

I could get into this

Colossal rocketry hey? What about gargantuan rocketry for 15m parts? Ridiculously enormous rocketry for 20m parts... Obscenely turbo huge rocketry for 30m parts... Horrifyingly monstrous rocketry for 50m... What are you even doing rocketry for 100m parts

I could get into this

Heh, I know you're making a joke, but for those who are new to the conversation (for the sake of clarity): We're talking about tech nodes in the Community Tech Tree.

Whackjobian Rocketry should totally be a tech node.

Totally! lol. :)

-----

Probe core:

KSP%202015-08-21%2010-19-51-06.jpg

KSP%202015-08-21%2010-19-32-23.jpg

I could get into this

Hey.... i gotta have something to launch my Stanford Torus into Orbit ;)

OiWZ0n8.jpg

Heh, I know you're making a joke, but for those who are new to the conversation (for the sake of clarity): We're talking about tech nodes in the Community Tech Tree.

nice! Love to have some stuff to fill out those ending CTT Nodes :)

I think I have a work-around, which is good, since it looks like it affects all of the multi-mode engines. It's a little tedious, but I expect to get something together soon.

Heh, it was only tedious because apparently I'm blind. ;) I did the tedious thing on the M5, then realized there was an easier fix when I went on to the M9 and R5 engines. I'll see if I can get the fix out today.

Fixes posted:

1.0.1 (2015-08-21) - Tweaks.
- Converted the 3.75m SRB textures to DDS format.
- Added missing manufacturer setting for 10R radial SRB.
- A few minor tweaks in preparation for the 7.5m spin-off pack (since this pack will be a dependency).
- Moved "README" and "CHANGELOG" to the mod's directory.
- Corrected a problem with multi-mode engine gimbal.
- R5 engine moved down to "Experimental Rocketry" node in Community Tech Tree.

And for "SpaceY Expanded", 7.5m heat shield:

KSP%202015-08-21%2014-45-05-14.jpg

KSP%202015-08-21%2014-45-44-38.jpg

I think we can manage that... lol :)

Just after I unlocked it in career... I don't feel like playing tonight anymore.

lol, sorry. :) Since the R7 is now a thing, and the "gigantic rocketry" node is going to be full of 7.5m parts for those who install the secondary pack, it seemed more sensible to move it down to join the other 5m parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.