[1.0.2](May 09/15) Actions Everywhere: Action Group it all, w/ Crossfeed Control

Diazo

Hi, I think the culprit has to be this mod, as I didn't install anything else that messes with crossfeed. I have a "rover carrier" sort of ship which I built and launched before I've installed this. I've added this mod after launching it.

The engines which were already running have no issue running.

The LV-909s of the rovers should have access to fuel from the rovers, but they appear as if they are without fuel, despite the fact the fuel tanks which should give them fuel are full. If I mark liquid fuel in the stock resource pop up, it shows fuel in all fuel tanks, except the rovers - while the fuel does show up if I right click in the rover's fuel tanks. Here's an screenshot to make it easier to understand. Those three dry engines are the engines from the rovers once I shut crossfeed across the docking ports connecting them to the central stack.

2eyz2mu.jpg

Since this remains if I remove the mod, I guess something is wrong in the persistence file. Any idea about how to go around this and be able to use my rovers?

Hmmm.

On the right-click menu, the "Resource Lock" and "Crossfeed" options are what need to be looked at. Can you go through all the linking parts between the tank and engines (including the tank and engine itself) and make sure that they are all Resource Lock Off (if they have resources on the part) and Crossfeed On (all parts).

(I can't actually find the LV-909's in the screenshot, I'm assuming they are on the underside of the rovers?)

My one worry is how you describe the Resource Panel not displaying resources that show in the right-click menu. That implies there's something deeper going on in how KSP detects fuel that might be messing up.

D.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.3

Download here.

-Add ability to lock out pitch/yaw/roll when FAR is installed.

Note that flaps/spoilers can already be controlled via action groups and the other values that show in the part right click menu in the editor can not be changed in flight as they are used at the start of the flight scene to calculate aerodynamics. As such, changing them in flight has no effect. (Or summons the kraken, I'm not going to find out.)

-Add Clean Experiments option from the Science Lab's right click menu as an action group.

And here we go, as requested here is support for a few more actions for you guys.

Let me know how it goes,

D.

edit: Version 1.3a released to fix a typo, the Yaw toggle now works when FAR is installed.

Edited by Diazo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

actions on pitch/yaw/roll doesn't work for me. Here the exception from log file:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

ActsEW.ModuleControlSurfaceActions.ToggleYawAction (.KSPActionParam param)

BaseAction.Invoke (.KSPActionParam param)

ActionGroupList.ToggleGroup (KSPActionGroup group)

FlightInputHandler.Update ()

I'm using B9 + procedual, NEAR mods.

Is there any work arround?

NEAR?

Ugh, no, no workaround. While I did test FAR, I did not test NEAR and it looks like the overlap between the two is enough to screw things up because this mod detects NEAR and thinks FAR is installed.

Sorry about this, I'll push an updated tonight or tomorrow, it should be a quick fix.

Note that it is safe to leave this mod installed as long as you don't try to use the pitch/yaw/roll actions, the error will only happen when those actions try to trigger.

D.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on it, can only get through my mods so fast after all.

Having said that, with the exception of the FAR/NEAR stuff, I expect this would work without needing an update, although I have not yet tested that.

D.

Version 1.4

Download here.

-KSP 1.0 Update (Also works on KSP 1.0.2)

-Remove Engine Gimbal actions as those are now stock.

-FAR/NEAR not compatible, waiting for those mods to update.

@iDInkeD06: Interesting, I'm surprised it worked without error for you. SQUAD changed how the Engine Gimbals work so at least those actions would have been broken. They've added them to stock now so I've removed the Gimbal actions from this mod.

Happy KSPing all.

D.

Edited by Diazo

I just came from kerbal stuff to check if this version would work on 1.0.2 or not but saw that the op page says so, please, can you update the kerbal stuff page too? many people may just look at those numbers

First, the Set Thrust Limited to X% is still planned.

However, because it requires a text entry field to set the thrust percentage, it is out of scope for this mod and will be a part of my next mod. (No name decided yet, probably Modded Action Control or something.)

This mod (Actions Everywhere) is very specifically for adding actions to parts, but this same limitation means that there is no GUI for setting options and without that, Set Thrust to X% is pretty useless as I'd have to hard code the percentage and there's no way I guess right on which percentage you want.

I got about 50% done on this new mod when KSP 1.0 dropped and have not had a chance to get back to it yet, but that is where I'm planning to go with this.

D.

• 2 months later...

Diazo, is there a known compatibility issue between resource lock and the crossfeed enabler mod (from NathanKell)?

I've run into a odd issue. If I have CFE on, but turn resource lock on, fuel is correctly stopped, but all of a sudden the engines start firing at half thrust. It's a very odd issue.

On that note, is there any possibility of adding CFE support to the Action Group system?

Okay, this mod has been discontinued and all actions it supported have been moved to my new ModActions mod.

The ModActions thread can be found here.

CAUTION: Removing this mod will cause all actions assigned under it to be deleted. Please leave it installed until all vessels using it's actions are no longer flying. This mod and the new ModActions mod can be installed side-by-side without issue. Alternatively you can simply re-assign the actions if you have an in-flight editor of actions installed. (My Action Groups Extended mod offers this.)

This has happened for two reasons. First, the new ModActions mod allows you to type in values for an action. This allows for actions such as "Set Thrust Limiter to XX" where XX is the exact value you can type in.

Second, there is only so much room in the Actions Editor. The initial release of ModActions has 50 actions and I have plans to add many more. This mod would be forced to show all those actions at all times, where as the ModActions mod only shows the actions you want for a specific part.

As a bonus, you can now break symmetry on actions. Have 4 engines placed in symmetry on your spaceplane? You can assign the Set Thrust Limiter action to only 2 of the engines, or even assign different thrust limiter values to all four engines.

@IvanTehFennec: The ModActions mod does have the Set Thrust Limit to X you have been waiting for.

@Nori: I am out of time tonight to look at the issue with CFE. I should have time to do that on the weekend.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.