HyperEdit is way too much fun! It lets me do fun stuff

theguyinthemines

Where do you find planet randomizer?

I found it here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91363-WIP-Planet-Randomizer-0-2-4-(2014-09-21)

...BUT it's for 0.24, and having never used it, I can't say for sure that it will work with 0.25, I know of a similar mod that I haven't tried out yet, but seems to do something similar here with an implementation suitable for regular play (Balancing it out so it's not so cheaty if you're using it for serious purposes): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97865

I do love mucking around with planet orbits, but I wish it could be more permanent, as won't all planet's orbit's be restored when you restart the game when using hyperedit? Does anyone know a way/mod that will let me keep any changes to orbits? That'd be awesome :D

Where can I download hyperedit for KSP .25?

Oh, they have their own website, link here :)

I am not one to call this mod or that mod a cheat, but, HyperEdit is the ONE mod, that to ME is 100% CHEATING. I think, and this is me, that the point of this game, is to go about this whole space program thing, with a sense of realism, in that, you must fly to this place or that in order to achieve a mission. Bringing the mission target to you, well, thats just cheating. Again, thats my personal opinion, yours decidedly differs from mine. NOW, lets all hold hands and sing the la la la song as we all dance harmoniously flinging kerbals this way and that.

I am not one to call this mod or that mod a cheat, but, HyperEdit is the ONE mod, that to ME is 100% CHEATING. I think, and this is me, that the point of this game, is to go about this whole space program thing, with a sense of realism, in that, you must fly to this place or that in order to achieve a mission. Bringing the mission target to you, well, thats just cheating. Again, thats my personal opinion, yours decidedly differs from mine. NOW, lets all hold hands and sing the la la la song as we all dance harmoniously flinging kerbals this way and that.

Yeah that's the whole point of the mod. Alongside seeing what it's like launching from a kerbin orbiting around Eeloo and trying to get back to the centre of the system.

Bring the target to me? Sounds good.

y2bAEee.gif

iCPyqrQ.png

Putting a body significantly below the synchronous hight makes for some interesting flying.

But yeah, hyperedit is more of a tool, for testing (The planet editor's copy to Kerbin feature is great.), crazy experiments, it's also incredibly useful for setting up things for videos, or other complex fanworks.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.