[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Astronomer

Which features do you like the most?  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

• Semi-Procedural Auroras
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
    • 29MB Lightning
    • Lens Flare
    • Snow
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
    • Atmospheric Scattering
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
    • New Sun
    • Surface Glow

I keep encountering an error directly after loading the game. I've followed the step-by-step installation process, and after installing the stuff in the Core Mod folder, my game crashes upon loading. How do I fix this?

I keep encountering an error directly after loading the game. I've followed the step-by-step installation process, and after installing the stuff in the Core Mod folder, my game crashes upon loading. How do I fix this?

Make sure you are using the latest version of Texture replacer

Also, Environmental Visual Enhancements Mod is not working correctly with .90, and I believe this pack also uses that mod as well, so some visuals may not work right. You might want to wait until this supporting mod is brought up to speed before using this.

What is texture replacer used for? I don't want to install that, what components should I leave out?

EDIT: Or better still, is there a place I can just download Edge of Oblivion. I lost my copy, and that release was perfect.

Edited by Alshain

...is there a place I can just download Edge of Oblivion. I lost my copy, and that release was perfect.

Go to the 1st post and the download link. The file with the icon 'A' from 2014 July 21 is the Edge of Oblivion .zip.

What is texture replacer used for? I don't want to install that, what components should I leave out?

EDIT: Or better still, is there a place I can just download Edge of Oblivion. I lost my copy, and that release was perfect.

Here you go!

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220335-astronomers-visual-pack-interstellar-v2/files

Texture Replacer lets you use the HD skyboxes in this graphic pack, and the spacesuits and Kerbal-heads aswell. Without Texture replacer the textures in this mod arent used. This is a texture pack, and "texture replacer" does the replacing.

E.V.E. (Environmental-Visual-Enhancements) is another mod that this pack can be used in.

To use this pack, install Texture replacer first, then E.V.E., then this texture pack last. Let this pack overwrite whatever it asks to overwrite. Done. (Of course you should wait until E.V.E. is updated to.90 compatible first. Its still not working for .90)

Edited by MonkeyLunch

Texture Replacer lets you use the HD skyboxes in this graphic pack, and the spacesuits and Kerbal-heads aswell. Without Texture replacer the textures in this mod arent used. This is a texture pack, and "texture replacer" does the replacing.

E.V.E. (Environmental-Visual-Enhancements) is another mod that this pack can be used in.

To use this pack, install Texture replacer first, then E.V.E., then this texture pack last. Let this pack overwrite whatever it asks to overwrite. Done. (Of course you should wait until E.V.E. is updated to.90 compatible first. Its still not working for .90)

Im aware of what the mods do, I wanted to know what this mod requires Texture Replacer for specifically. I don't like that mod, I want my Kerbals to look normal an in their space suit. The last version didn't require it, the lack of superfluous dependancies is why I chose this one instead of Better Atmospheres. Now it seems this author is content to gunk up my install all the same.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone repackaged the lens flair effect from the old 0.25 sharedassets10.assets into its new location (I think someone mentioned its now in sharedassets9.assets or something earlier in this thread)?

If anyone has details on how to do this safely, it would be greatly appreciated!

Quick question:

There's no mention of dependencies in the OP, but EVE is mentioned. Do I need EVE (or any other mod) installed before adding AVP, or is it standalone?

EVE is mandatory for this to work, AVP is an add on to EVE.

It recommend to use planetshine too but it's not a requirement. And if you want to use some optional feature like a new skybox, sun texture or the new music, you will need texture replacer and chatterer.

I wasn't getting any clouds, but then I went to the Mun and found:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/52121297072981650/9232DF506D56BB52BC60E5380C27033A9DB6C601/

Clearly something is not installed correctly, but I'm not 100% sure where I went wrong. will investigate further...

you know what, that looks cool. i'd prefer that bug than my ksp crashing :)

Cannot get this working for me in 0.90. Not even just doing the base steps. I think 1. intall core apps (eve 7-4, etc), 2. overwrite boulderco, 3. ovewrite boulderco. skip all the remaining steps to just try and get the base install working. ksp goes through the entire load cycle then goes to launch and CRASHES. I have tried like a dozen times now loading various alternate bits or following more steps and trying to load the optional stuff. But it just crashes every time. I think I will wait for a stable 0.90 version.