[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

For KSPI, I would like a create a subcatogory called Reactor where all reactor can be found. Is there anyway to achieve this using Filter Extensions?

It is.

I did for the old KSPI (have to look for the cfg) and it seems it still included :)

Filter can be made for part that use some kind of module or it can be filtered by name (or both) . So if you know which module is used by generators and only by them, or if they have something special in the name it can be done

Right now a generator is something with this list of modules : ModuleGenerator, REGO_ModuleTrickleCharger, FNGenerator, InterstellarCatalysedFissionFusion, FNAntimatterReactor, InterstellarTokamakFusionReator, InterstellarFissionMSRGC, InterstellarFissionPBDP, KolonyConverter, REGO_ModuleResourceConverter or with any of this word in the name: Reactor, Power Distribution, Generator, reactor.

If you want to have a subcategroy reactor in the KSPI category (right now this is in electrical category) it can also be done easily

Edited by KaiserSoze

I have also one doubt.

I may be doing something wrong but I have failed to do it properly.

I have a icon for the Karbonite resource and another icon for Karbonite engines. But the auto categrory funtion created for engines that uses KArbonite is called "Karnbonite" therefore I cannot differenciate them. Right now Karbonite (engine) category override the Karbonite (resource) category. Since both are dinamycally created I don't know how to avoid it.

I've seen the problem could also happen with monopropelant, but it is avoided using "Mono propelant" as a name in the resource category (with a space, whereas the real resource name ius monopropelant, and thst is the name used by the autocategoiry for engine before it is renamed).

I've tried to use something similar (KarboniteR) and it has worked, I have a subcategory named KarboniteR with only resource tanks (don't like the name but I was just testing) but I has also created a subcategory named Karbonite with the Karbonite Engines. I simply cannot find a way to get rid of it in the resouirce category while keeping it in the engine category

I'll have to add a tag to duplicated procedural categories to avoid the override (and I may change the way rename works so they can use the same name). The reason Mono doesn't get caught by this is that a space is inserted before every capital letter in the resource name to better present multi-word resources (eg. LiquidFuel automatically becomes Liquid Fuel)

Ok,

in the mean time I will use KarboniteR for mi internal tests to differenciate the resource tanks from the engines.

Also I'm internally using the ISRU category to put tanks (fuel, rockets fuel, mono, karbonite support), but once you have open my open with the use two filters at the same time using MRB maybe I don't need it.

Alright, I have a reactor subfilter filter working (Inside the exiting KSPI main filter). The only problem is some good Icon for it.

Could someone create me some Icons for KSPI Filter Extensions? I need a Icon for Reactors, Radiators and Microwave Equipment

I'll do my best to create your icons...

microwave is for energy transfer, no?

Yes it is. Thank you very much, and great work on the existing filter, is saved me a lot of work and makes KSPI parts more accessible for players

Edited by FreeThinker

Ok,

I didn't have time to create all of them.

Reactor and radiator done (sort of). Microwave probably tomorrow.

Not very happy with them, so maybe I redo something about them once I do the microwave

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fbsuibyib5sl2e/Icons.rar?dl=0

BTW: I didn't make this mod, just a few icons a cfgs.

And I'm back, while I wait my mods to be updated for 1.0 :P

Great, I'm Looking forward to the improved Icons

It appears I'm missing something. I only found the icon for selected radiator

Edit: Could you also create an Icon for ISRU is will be used for all items you to collect / mine/convert resources

Edited by FreeThinker

Great, I'm Looking forward to the improved Icons

It appears I'm missing something. I only found the icon for selected radiator

Edit: Could you also create an Icon for ISRU is will be used for all items you to collect / mine/convert resources

It seems I messed up yesterday with the icons.

Have a look at them :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fbsuibyib5sl2e/Icons.rar?dl=0

I asume you know enough of the cfg of this mod to show them for your custom categories.

I already did an ICON for ISRU (well, I also added resource tanks), and it's currently used by this mod. If you want to use a new one I can try...but since that was my initial inspiration I will ask you to give me some ideas :P

I already did an ICON for ISRU (well, I also added resource tanks), and it's currently used by this mod.
Interesting, where is it located?

Edit: By they way, they are looking great!!

Edited by FreeThinker

ALright, I will use that one.

I'm now using the following script to give better Filters for KSPI:

SUBCATEGORY
{
name = Reactors
icon = reactor
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = moduleName
value = FNGenerator, InterstellarFissionMSRGCsmall, InterstellarFissionMSRGC, FNAntimatterReactor,

InterstellarFissionPBDP, InterstellarFissionPBDPsmall, InterstellarCatalysedFissionFusion,

InterstellarTokamakFusionReator, InterstellarInertialConfinementReactor
}
}
}

SUBCATEGORY
{
name = Radiators
icon = Radiator
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = moduleName
value = FNRadiator
}
}
}

SUBCATEGORY
{
name = MicrowavePower
icon = MicrowaveTransmitter
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = moduleName
value = MicrowavePowerReceiver
}
}
}

SUBCATEGORY
{
name = IRSU
icon = Resources
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = moduleName
value = InterstellarRefinery,FNModuleResourceExtraction,ISRUScoop
}
}
}

@CATEGORY[KSP?Interstellar]
{
@SUBCATEGORIES
{
list = 0,Pods
list = 1,Fuel Tanks
list = 2,Engines
list = 3,Reactors
list = 4,Radiators
list = 5,MicrowavePower
list = 6,IRSU
list = 7,Science
}
}

Now the only problem is that The warp engines are showing up in Storage tanks while they have the category Propulsion, why is that?

Is there any way to override this?

Edited by FreeThinker

Now the only problem is that The warp engines are showing up in Storage tanks while they have the category Propulsion, why is that?

It's an issue with how the resources and engine categories are being generated where they both end up with the same name (Warp engines use Antimatter exclusively I take it). I have a fix for it, but there isn't a way around it at the moment

Version 2.1.1

• Fixed no "default" icon causing categories without valid icons to not be created
  • Fixed unresolvable conflict between generated fuel and propellant categories
  • Fixed some engine types not being properly excluded from engine categories
  • Moved rename step such that multiple different subcategories can present the same name

It's an issue with how the resources and engine categories are being generated where they both end up with the same name (Warp engines use Antimatter exclusively I take it). I have a fix for it, but there isn't a way around it at the moment

No, they use Exotic Matter. When do you expect to implement the fix, In the last update it still persists

No, they use Exotic Matter. When do you expect to implement the fix, In the last update it still persists

Oh, it would seem I misunderstood your issue (it sounds similar to the one reported earlier that the above version fixes)

You get a storage category that has all the parts that can store Exotic Matter, and the engines also have storage for Exotic Matter. See here how I've overridden the EC behaviour to remove all the extra EC carrying parts. Match the name, and make sure the first Check is the resource one (may need to add it explicitly to the category as well)

Edited by Crzyrndm

ALright, I can now remove a part from a subcategory, but how to add it?

You want to add something that doesn't contain Exotic Matter to the Exotic Matter containment category?

That will require three things.

1) A subcategory definition. In this case, it sounds like you need a second filter (the first filter to catch parts containing EM that aren't engines, the second for parts matching the new criteria)

2) An explicit addition to the filter by resources category

3) The removal of the generated EM category. It will detect that there is a Subcategory by the same name that has multiple filters and assume it has a different purpose. To get around this it will add res_ to the name. Just add the following to a cfg somewhere to get rid of it.

FilterRemove
{
remove = res_Exotic Matter
}

Just explicitly add it to the category. There's nothing particularly special about the procedural categories, they just get a number of hidden subcategories added to them automatically.