Career Mode Too Easy

kerdansig

I think we need to start the rocket bay with 2 parts only. You can only accept 1 contract that gives you 1% yield for a rocket bay upgrade. Then you get 3 parts. After that, you can upgrade contracts so you can get 2% yield for a rocket bay upgrade.

And what's with maneuver nodes? They are cheating, let's remove them while we're at it. Also we need more satellite missions, for I think they are lacking representation.

I've seen people recommend to increase your starting funds by a bit to make the initial grind less tedious. Once you're past the first couple of upgrades stuff gets much easier and a lot more fun. And it's not that hard to do basic orbital maneuvers in LKO without maneuver nodes.

Rocket bay?

Maneuver node removing?

Are you trolling or not? I can't tell.

Anyhow, 0.90 is a big improvement, but it still needs to be touched up.

He's not "trolling", I think your sarcasm detector may need some adjustment. And "rocket bay" obviously means the VAB, maybe he's playing a non-english version of the game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bacterius

Rocket bay can mean anything from the VAB to a completely different construct.

In the OP the suggestion is that the rocket bay has 2 parts. That could mean only two parts available in the VAB, or only two parts in a new building that acts as an inventory.

I'm sorry. I need more context!

I think we need to start the rocket bay with 2 parts only. You can only accept 1 contract that gives you 1% yield for a rocket bay upgrade. Then you get 3 parts. After that, you can upgrade contracts so you can get 2% yield for a rocket bay upgrade.

And what's with maneuver nodes? They are cheating, let's remove them while we're at it. Also we need more satellite missions, for I think they are lacking representation.

It's quite obvious, unless you are being sarcastic, that you haven't played through Career in 0.90 Beta.

Regardless, limit yourself to just these four parts for all missions to suborbital. MK-1 Pod, MK-16 Parachute, RT-10 SRB, and a TR-18A stack decoupler. Then, build an orbital ship that can return your Kerbal safely without upgrading the launch pad.

I totally agree, OP. Also, seeing orbits? That should be like a tier-4 tracking station bonus at best. Tier 3 should be map mode. Tier 2 should be instruments.

And what's with untracked asteroids vanishing? They should stick around. If you don't track an asteroid for a full year, it crashes into your most expensive building.

I totally agree, OP. Also, seeing orbits? That should be like a tier-4 tracking station bonus at best. Tier 3 should be map mode. Tier 2 should be instruments.

Bah, just press F2 while in flight to disable easy-mode. Maps and instruments are for players that need their hands held and noses wiped.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.