Great music for KSP adventures

Camaron

So, while the music stock to KSP fits it just fine, I prefer to mute it and play my own, and I don't doubt that many of you do, as well.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss what artists and songs go well with KSP's space sim action. The genres probably vary wildly, and I am interested in seeing the variety of tracks that we all play while trying to kill Jeb yet again. Simple enough, right?

As for my own contributions to this discussion, I strongly recommend these:

Several of the Zircon Unearthed Album

Mitis, tracks like Born and Elements of Thought

A Million Miles Away by Ulrich Schnauss

I hope you all like the idea, and I apologize if there are any similar recent threads. I did search and found nothing close back to 2012 or so.

I play Space Engine as well, and its soundtrack is simply speechless. Some of my favorite songs are "Orion," "Solar Protuberance," and "Flying Through The Universe" by A.e.ro., then there's "Earth's Moon," "Gravity Free," "Hidden Planet," "In the Middle," and "Inverted Worlds" by AstroPilot, topped with "A Peaceful Place" by Goodstreet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgj3IAM99gE&list=RDqgj3IAM99gE#t=5

Edited by Thomas988
Grammar changes

Nothing like Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture to just relax you while on one of those very delicate missions. :D

{*CAUTION REAL CANONS USED!*}

I wish I could include this in videos, but I am not sure if youtube would nail for copyright or not.

Loving that Track Orion.

But you'll get much better bitrate on soundcloud :)

https://soundcloud.com/aeromusic/orion-album-version

Doesn't seem to cleanly embed like youtube though. Kudos if you can make it work and show me how.

They do, however, freely allow downloading the tracks though, which is great.

I wish I could include this in videos, but I am not sure if youtube would nail for copyright or not.

I think there are specific guidelines you can find in youtube's documentation about how to handle music crediting to avoid copyright. Furthermore, I don't know if classicals are prone to this - aren't they public domain?

Edited by Camaron

Furthermore, I don't know if classicals are prone to this - aren't they public domain?
The composition would be, but the recorded performance would not - depending on the recording. So you can use the 1812 overture for anything you like - but using, say, the New York Philharmonic's recorded performance of it might get you in trouble.

I think there are specific guidelines you can find in youtube's documentation about how to handle music crediting to avoid copyright. Furthermore, I don't know if classicals are prone to this - aren't they public domain?

The composition would be, but the recorded performance would not - depending on the recording. So you can use the 1812 overture for anything you like - but using, say, the New York Philharmonic's recorded performance of it might get you in trouble.

Basically this. While the composition is public domain, meaning anyone can make their own version of said song, you cannot use just any version of this work. However if there is a version of it on a site like incompetech.com you can use that, as long as you credit them in your discription. I recently used "Also Sprach Zarathustra" (copy that into youtube I am sure you have heard it before) and since I found it on a royalty free site I can use THAT version with as long as I cite where I got it from.

The topic of music for listening while playing KSP comes up about once every 2 months. But it's always cool to see what people share each time.

Here's a playlist of space/techo-like stuff I've often used. It's a bit of a mix of things. No particular order:

music-playlist.gif

Edited by NecroBones

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.