Real life hobbies?

WindShieIds

lol, strange life, strange hobbies.

You really don't want to know, nothing illegal exactly, but would take a lot of explaining and introduction to a world most of you know nothing about

Edited by MartGonzo

I fly R/C planes - I'm pretty good at it, most exciting "mission" was when I collided with an F-4U Corsair coming low over the runway in my A-1 Skyraider. His wing scraped along the fuse, slammed into the tail feathers, tearing off one of my Horizontal stabs. Thankfully, the other one held, or I would have a seriously broken plane (+1 to my overbuilding skills). His plane just stopped dead, fell down, and being foam, it barely got hurt. I managed to turn mine around, drop the gear, and land. Sadly, the lack of tail meant the nose went right into the ground breaking the prop - only the up-teenth one I've broken -_-

Could have been worse. I got an awesome battle scar on the side of the A-1, you can see the two different colors of his wingtip (navy blue top and sky blue bottom) where he banged into me.

8y9uJcR.jpg

*raises eyebrows*

Does this seem at all familiar? The number, the colors, the design?

(Just wondering, it's OK if it doesn't)

That robot in particular? No. Although elements of it certainly do look familiar.

The main team I am working with currently is FTC, so I would not have been together with you at any competition.

Are those white tubes that I see hydraulics? That must be one powerful throwing arm if they are.

That robot in particular? No. Although elements of it certainly do look familiar.

The main team I am working with currently is FTC, so I would not have been together with you at any competition.

Are those white tubes that I see hydraulics? That must be one powerful throwing arm if they are.

No, they're not hydraulic. They're pneumatic canisters, for the actuators that move the pickup mechanism. The arm is propelled by (really strong) surgical tubing: basically, rubber bands on steroids. The stuff's about an inch thick, and we've got four loops of them in total, going around the frame of the robot and connecting to the arm. The throwing arm is cocked by a cam shaft and a magnetic switch, so that when it is in position the switch is tripped and the motor is stopped.

Robot Firing Mechanism Test -- Video

i fly rc planes, been flying since june of 2014, i currently have a yak-55 (3d) a nitro trainer plane, and an apprentice. i am starting to do acrobatics with my yak-55, and have landed my nitro deadstick about 4 times (3 were on the same day, i was having engine trouble), other than that i do the occasional airsoft war with my friends, and that is pretty much it

My hobbies are:

• R/C Airplaneing (it's winter where I live, but I still manage to fly).
  • Telescoping (I almost blinded myself from looking at the Moon too long)
  • Skiing

Train spotting.

I have a Union Pacific line going by my house. I once saw rocket parts going East. I think that they were ULA.

Edited by Engineer Of Stuff

I make plastic models

http://imgur.com/a/qyNkY

the buffalo on its nose is mine at our biyearly model expo.

With an A6M kit I have won the Nationals, and been the best junior modeler in New Zealand.

I also Draw, the 2 KSP related ones were done on my i-Pad, and the rest were done on GIMP, Paint or Sketchbook express with my drawing tablet.

my favourite is a draw between "duel over the reich" and "Cold Dark Sea" (the WW-I seaplane one)

http://imgur.com/a/7K7rk

Edited by qwertyx2y
Just Follow the links, can't imbed the albums

Sports.but not your normal sports.I'm talking advanced sports.I'm talking freerunning and skiing.doing flips and 360s.I don't like normal sports,too many rules.I mean.

I've never been good when it comes to normal sports.I never train them either.

There's no appeal in sports where you don't get hurt a little.Not getting hurt is the part of extremesports that I like.in football penalties are abused to hell and I can't touch someone without getting a penalty,the sport is absurd and I can't see myself having fun in it.

Most people seem to have productive/intelligent/beneficial hobbies lol.

I instead have a very expensive hobby... Racing!

I have put in an unthinkable amount of time and money into fixing and modifying my car. I hit the drag strip usually once a week/bi-weekly in the summer and also do some track events.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.