Tell us about the glitches that have happened to you!

Manters

Essentially,we all know that KSP is full of glitches. While glitches are game-breaking, Some can be pretty funny. So, tell us about those glitches, and maybe tall us how to replictae them so we can "try" to experience them... And laugh at how random the game gets.

*note* If there is another forum on this, tell me.

I was going to land on POL. The Lander neared one of the lowest parts of Pols terrain where a crater is. Then my spaceships computer prob (cockpit part that looks like sputnik) exploded for no reason while getting close to the ground.

The one that makes you collide into the runway or VAB when you are 10km up in the air returning your SSTO space plane from the Mun carrying 8 Kerbals and about 1500 science and the when the plane cost about 300,000 funds...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ââ€Â»Ã¢â€Âââ€Â»)

I collided with an invisible mountain on Pol yesterday. The collision mesh is different than the ground layer in some places. I flew over to a nearby mountain and managed to land after loading with no further incident. Stuff like that is why I don't play iron man mode.

As much as I absolutely adore 0.90, it has brought about one loathable glitch that has even killed Jeb: what I call the "suicide EVA." Basically, your spacecraft has fallen over and capsule hatch is face down into the ground. Thing is, though, you don't realize it and think your Kerbal can get out just fine. You press "EVA" on their little button and BAM! they explode as soon as they get out of the pod, even though they shouldn't have been able to in the first place. Gosh dangit, KSP!

As much as I absolutely adore 0.90, it has brought about one loathable glitch that has even killed Jeb: what I call the "suicide EVA." Basically, your spacecraft has fallen over and capsule hatch is face down into the ground. Thing is, though, you don't realize it and think your Kerbal can get out just fine. You press "EVA" on their little button and BAM! they explode as soon as they get out of the pod, even though they shouldn't have been able to in the first place. Gosh dangit, KSP!

I actually had an interesting variation of this glitch on Eve, where the capsule blew up instead of the Kerbal. Needless to say, he's going to be stuck there for a while. :P

Back in 2012 ships would spin wildly out of control for no reason because of floating point errors, and randomly explode when switching out of the mapview. This was back before any sort of save/load feature was added so your entire mission would be lost when this happened. Also, for a while if a part exploded point 0 at the EXACT position of the it would cause a divide by 0 error that would crash KSP. I think they fixed it, but I'm not sure.

Lately, I have a strange feeling that the SAS that made your vehicle spin wildly are back.

But the best thing I've encountered so far was the good old K-Drive. Although only semi-reliable, it was not that far from a warp drive.

One thing squad shold add is a missingno kerbal :)

Way back when I was relatively new to KSP, I was returning from my first ever successful Duna visit. I came home to Kerbin and entered the atmosphere at the North Polar Cap. Re-entry went well, everything went as expected. I parachuted gently to the ground and touched down effortlessly. Jeb emerged, victorious, and as he set foot on the arctic tundra to bask in the admiration of all Kerbals, the Kraken decided to football-punt him into deep space at around 24,000 m/s. He was last seen entering Rigel's SOI.

I landed my eve return ship on a nice flat bit of land next to a beach where Jeb and Bill could go for a health restoring dip in the naturally radioactive waters. The landing went well and the rocket was stable until I switched away to bring in the rover. by the time I got back a couple of the legs had sunk into the sand. Another focus switch and an engine had sunk. The next time I looked at it the whole rocket exploded.

The one that makes you collide into the runway or VAB when you are 10km up in the air returning your SSTO space plane from the Mun carrying 8 Kerbals and about 1500 science and the when the plane cost about 300,000 funds...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ââ€Â»Ã¢â€Âââ€Â»)

This....I was testing one of my space plane prototype and while it was reentering the atmosphere the tip of the left delta wing broke off...I crashed the entire vehichle to see in report that on reentery I crashed on the launch pad and that destroyed my wing

Trying to move a probe from an eccentric Duna polar orbit to Ike. Should have been easy; bumped the orbital radius up until the lines crossed with Ike's, and indeed the second loop got an intercept. Timewarp to SOI change and... All forward velocity ceased. Gravity pulled me vertically down into Ike, while random pieces fell off my probe.

Undeterred, hit F9, tried again, and went easy with the timewarp. Achieved orbit around Ike! Then bits fell off. Then all velocity zeroed out.

Well, never say die. On the 5th try, achieved an eccentric orbit around Ike that matched my contract. Grabbed the science readings, and got the hell back to space centre before anything else went wrong! Contract needs me to be there for another 180 days and I shall not be focussing on that ship until it's completed! The Ike kraken seems to have a particular penchant for that probe...

One time I was getting ready for the runway landing when my right wing went *poof!* Funny thing I wasnt even mad, considering it was my super hard-mode career save and loosing any craft was quite a punch for the funds. No kerbals were lost, though.

I'm guessing it was some sort of invisible wall from another dimension.

On going one for me in my career mode, I launch anything from the tier one SPH and the game locks up. I can make a craft in my sandbox saves and launch them just fine, but if it is in career mode I get nothing. I guess it is a good thing I do not make too many planes :sticktongue:

Oh, where do I start xD (Pretty much all of these happened in older versions though)

-Kerbals becoming part of the ship after getting knocked out of command seats

-Ships stil being under my input-control after EVAing out of them.

-Wings randomly falling off a plane on Eve, for no reason whatsoever.

-Probes starting spinning like crazy when turning off SAS, again, for no apparent reason.

-A Lab-Rover on The Mun exploding while switching to another vessel, also for no apparent reason.

-Infini-glide on Eve making landing impossible with SAS on.

Oh boy, today has been rife with glitches. I first loaded up my Minmus station, which proceeded to be attacked by the kraken. I then decided to check my mun station to see if it was safe - it was. I then decided to launch up a mining module, and docked it with my ordinary Kerbal Station, which proceeded to fall as if it suddenly stopped orbiting. I then exited to space center and loaded it back up; no damage done, and my miner was still intact. I then tried to un-dock it, where it proceeded to do.... nothing. I couldn't get it free, and attempts to switch to it were futile. I ended up ending all of my flights. I hope somebody here has the answer to my problem

Here is a list of mods I have installed:

• Kerbal Attachment System
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
  • Regolith and Karbonite
  • Lackluster lab's Kerbal Stock Xpansion
  • Mechjeb
  • Infernal Robotics
  • RLA Stockalike
  • Texture Replacer
  • Science Funding
  • Intake Build Aid
  • NRAP
  • Scansat
  • Procedural Fairings
  • Firespitter

One time after a succesfull trip to the Mun and back I was setting up for a de-orbit over KSC to try and land the lander as near as possible. Everything went fine, got pretty close to KSC too but when the lander got to the surface, the parachutes randomly cut and the lander fell trough Kerbin, popping up again on the other side and casually moving itself back up into a high trajectory.

Worst part is... it did this 3 times in total before it finally decided to impact the ground at terminal velocity, what with not having any shutes left and all.

With 0.25 i keept getting this thing... It would infinitely extend Minmus' SOI, to be precise, it would sort of generate a new infinite SOI for Minmus once i crossed the point that marks when you leave an SOI. I would have to go back to KSC, return to the vessel and it would be orbiting Kerbin just fine, but otherwise... it did some strange orbits around nothing (maybe Kerbol?). Once, while this was happening, I made Jeb go out for an EVA, and he flew off at incredible speed. When I looked at the map, he had the same orbit as the craft he had left, only in the exact oposite antinormal direction.

Edited by Musil

This one time, on Gilly, when the kerbal went EVA he would slowly drift up the ladder. When he reached the top, the Hell Kraken ate him. This happened a few times in a row, until I started him down the ladder as soon as he left the capsule.

There's also a glitch at the end of the "Target Practice" vid in my signature, trying to switch vessels during an imminent lithobraking maneuver

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.