Sign in to follow this  
wbenjin

Does KerbalEdu include all the function of regular KSP?

As the title,I have played the KSP demo and really want to buy the full game.I know the edu version has some great educational features,but the price is even cheaper than regular version!?I have no idea...

Is there anything missing from KerbalEDU that KSP has? Career mode, funds, strategies ... is the game still inside or just the educational tools?

Yes, KerbalEdu indeed includes all the features of regular Kerbal Space Program. On a minor note however there might be some delay before updates made to regular KSP become available in KerbalEdu as we need to test and possibly fix all the edu features so that they work with the new version.

Incidentally, my testing so far seems to indicate that KerbalEdu is compatible with every mod I've thrown at it so far. Unsurprising I suppose, but worth knowing.

Incidentally, my testing so far seems to indicate that KerbalEdu is compatible with every mod I've thrown at it so far. Unsurprising I suppose, but worth knowing.

What about the softer form of compatibility, that is gameplay. How does it react to things like FAR or RealSolarSystem as far as being good at the teaching part?

This also opens the question about an alternate version of KerbalEDU that exists using the RSS plugin to be the real world.

Incidentally, I'm still waiting for a fanfiction that explains why Kerbals are on Earth in the 1950s.