[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

I have a small feature request. The plugin currently supports bump maps, would it be possible to make it support emissive maps as well?

This would open a possibility for even nicer textures with glowing elements.

Sounds good. I'll put it on the list.

That would be AWESOME if it could be easily added. I've got a few textures that emissives would be pretty fly on.

Ah right; maybe it is unlocked later on in the tree - I assumed that the smaller RCS size would be unlocked with the standard small RCS tank :)

EDIT: I can't see where it would be unlocked in the tree, can anyone offer any clues?

Edited by Rohaq

I found a bug. Vanilla + proc. parts 1.1.0 install.

Ship 1: Proc. SRB, capsule, chute. Launch, when in space quicksave and quickload. The screen is black but the instruments are showing. Exit to KSC does not help. Only thing to do is exit and reload

Ship 2: Engine, proc. tank, capsule, chute. Quicksave and quickload work normally.

Ship 3: Engine, squad tank, capsule, chute. Quicksave and quickload work normally.

Ship 4: capsule using Squad SRB - no problem

Conclusion: SRBs are krakened. Drop them if you don't want to summon it.

Note: it only works with empty SRBs. Quickloading with full or activated SRBs does nothing. It works normaly.

Where is the download link for 1.1.1?

There is none, it is not released yet.

I found a bug. Vanilla + proc. parts 1.1.0 install.

Ship 1: Proc. SRB, capsule, chute. Launch, when in space quicksave and quickload. The screen is black but the instruments are showing. Exit to KSC does not help. Only thing to do is exit and reload

Ship 2: Engine, proc. tank, capsule, chute. Quicksave and quickload work normally.

Ship 3: Engine, squad tank, capsule, chute. Quicksave and quickload work normally.

Ship 4: capsule using Squad SRB - no problem

Conclusion: SRBs are krakened. Drop them if you don't want to summon it.

Note: it only works with empty SRBs. Quickloading with full or activated SRBs does nothing. It works normaly.

Thanks for the report. I'll see whats going on there.

One other thing. If you decouple the booster after burnout, save and reload the ship works but the booster reignites but with no thrust (burn effect). If I try to switch ships to it guess what - black screen.

jrandom: You need to set allowCurveTweaking=true in your techlimit

Hrm, this didn't seem to work.

@PART[proceduralTank*] 
{
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
@TECHLIMIT,*
{
// Increase the max length for all tech levels by 3*
@lengthMax *= 10
// Corresponding volume increase
@volumeMax *= 10

// Increase the max diameter by double
@diameterMax *= 10
// Since volume goes up on diameter^2, need to use increase^2
@volumeMax *= 100

// Allow different shape curves
@allowCurveTweaking = true
}
}
}

Edit: Also tried 'True' with a capital 'T' to see if it was case-sensitive.

Edited by jrandom

Changelog

• Part icons in editor show the correct mesh and texture
  • Ore tank got an oreish grey texture
  • Fixed the bug that crashes KSP when launching a craft consisting of exclusively PP parts
  • No procedural drag cube generation if FAR is installed
  • ReRoot tool no longer breaks procedural parts
  • Batteries now compatible to new tech-tree
  • Loading an empty SRB no longer crashes the game

download

Edited by RadarManFromTheMoon

Hrm, this didn't seem to work.

@PART[proceduralTank*] 
{
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
@TECHLIMIT,*
{
@lengthMax *= 10
@volumeMax *= 10

@diameterMax *= 10
@volumeMax *= 100

@allowCurveTweaking = true
}
}
}

Edit: Also tried 'True' with a capital 'T' to see if it was case-sensitive.

There are actually two types of cone modules. "ProceduralShapeCone" and "ProceduralShapeBezierCone". The first one is a simple cone and the other one is the one with the selectable curves. Make sure you have the right module on your part and set its tech requirement.

@MODULE[ProceduralShapeBezierCone]
{
@techRequired= XXX
}

Yep. The bezier cone is there but there's no selector to change the shape. Everything else (all the parts, etc.) are available and unrestricted. The full .cfg I'm using (for reference):

(my goal is to get this operational by the time RSS/RO get updated so I can start my full-scale sandbox science game)

@PART[*]:HAS[~TechRequired[]]:Final
{
TechRequired = start
}

@PART[*]:Final
{
@TechRequired = start
}

@PART[*]:HAS[~entryCost[]]:Final
{
entryCost = 0
}

{
@entryCost = 0
}

{
@MODULE[ProceduralShapeCone]
{
@techRequired = start
}

@MODULE[ProceduralShapePill]
{
@techRequired = start
}

@MODULE[ProceduralShapeBezierCone]
{
@techRequired = start
}
}

@PART[proceduralTank*]
{
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
@TECHLIMIT,*
{
@lengthMax *= 10
@volumeMax *= 10

@diameterMax *= 10
@volumeMax *= 100

@allowCurveTweaking = True
}
}
}

[*]Loading an empty SRB no longer crashes the game

I'm glad to contribute.

Now a question. What is the difference in cones regarding airflow? There are 2 types. standard procedural cone or procedural part set to cone with one end set to 0 width. The only difference i see is that one has an attachment point, the other has not.

I'm glad to contribute.

Now a question. What is the difference in cones regarding airflow? There are 2 types. standard procedural cone or procedural part set to cone with one end set to 0 width. The only difference i see is that one has an attachment point, the other has not.

That is the difference. In the old FAR parts with an exposed stack node would have extra drag based on that node's size. That is no longer necessary in nuFAR. It may be necessary in new stock however, I'm just not sure.

1.1.1: doesn't work, right clicking on any tanks doesn't show texture or shape options. and gives the error:

[Error]: ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found.

For srbs it gives the error and shows no menu at all: [Exception]: FormatException: The specified format 'S3' is invalid

1.1.0: same problems

1.0.2: can't even attach any parts: [Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ConfigNode.SetValue'.

Can't use this mod atm.

Edited by Myslius

1.1.1: doesn't work, right clicking on any tanks doesn't show texture or shape options. and gives the error:

For srbs it gives the error and shows no menu at all: [Exception]: FormatException: The specified format 'S3' is invalid

1.0.2: can't even attach any parts: [Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ConfigNode.SetValue'.

Can't use this mod atm.

I had the problem with ItemPrefab because KOS was installed. KOS has an older version of the KSPAPIExtensions dll which seems to conflict with the ProceduralParts one. Other mods may conflict as well.

Do a search for "KSPAPIExtensions" in your directory - all should be exactly the same size. Remove the mods that have the older version, or (this is risky) replace with the latest version:

https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/KSPAPIExtensions/releases

Yep. The bezier cone is there but there's no selector to change the shape. Everything else (all the parts, etc.) are available and unrestricted. The full .cfg I'm using (for reference):

(my goal is to get this operational by the time RSS/RO get updated so I can start my full-scale sandbox science game)

Thats odd... No idea whats possibly wrong there. Normally the curve should be switchable if allowCurveTweaking is set. I will get back to you when a solution comes to my mind.

Can't use this mod atm.

Sounds like a missing or corrupted KSPAPIExtension.dll. Please make sure ProceduralParts is installed correctly by deleting your previous ProceduralParts installation completely and installing again. If that doesn't help can you please give me your output.log? See here on how to get it.

edit: Whoops refreshing the page before posting is apparently a good idea :)

Do a search for "KSPAPIExtensions" in your directory - all should be exactly the same size. Remove the mods that have the older version, or (this is risky) replace with the latest version:

IMPORTANT: This is not how KAE works! This dll is special: mods compiled against a certain KAE version have a dependency on that version (and will not like a newer one). To allow this, it does some typing magic so different KAE versions can coexist in the same KSP install. If multiple versions coexist, the classes provided will exist in multiple versions and each mod will magically get the version it expects. So a mod should always keep the KspApiExtensions.dll that was bundled in the download.

In my understanding, if a mod has an old KAE version that does not work in the current KSP, you need to recompile that mod against a new KAE version, and have that version somewhere in GameData.

Edited by pellinor

Thats odd... No idea whats possibly wrong there. Normally the curve should be switchable if allowCurveTweaking is set. I will get back to you when a solution comes to my mind.

Maybe it has something to do with wildcard matching? You'll node I used specific part names to move their tech to 'start', so maybe the other area is failing wildcard matching in that context?

IMPORTANT: This is not how KAE works! This dll is special: mods compiled against a certain KAE version have a dependency on that version (and will not like a newer one). To allow this, it does some typing magic so different KAE versions can coexist in the same KSP install. If multiple versions coexist, the classes provided will exist in multiple versions and each mod will magically get the version it expects. So a mod should always keep the KspApiExtensions.dll that was bundled in the download.

I remember in a previous unofficial build of PP, I had kOS installed but KSP would lock up at the main loading screen whenever it got to loading a kOS part, and the only fix was in fact to replace kOS's KspApiExtensions.dll with a newer one. So regardless of whether it should work, it has worked at least once before.

In my understanding, if a mod has an old KAE version that does not work in the current KSP, you need to recompile that mod against a new KAE version, and have that version somewhere in GameData.

Even if so, this implementation of duck typing seems to be buggy, since removing KOS completely fixed the error in ProceduralParts... If they didn't affect one another, shouldn't that error never happen?

I had the problem with ItemPrefab because KOS was installed. KOS has an older version of the KSPAPIExtensions dll which seems to conflict with the ProceduralParts one. Other mods may conflict as well.

Problem solved: There are 3 KSPAPIExtensions dlls in my GameData directory: Infernal robotics, EPL, and tweakscale. All 3 mods are working properly, but Procedural parts refused to work. Infernal robotics had different file size compared to other mods so i updated it to the latest version, seems to be working now. thanks for the help.

Edited by Myslius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.