What is "Project V"?

Parkaboy

So current list of possibilities that are names (important ones) and not roman numerals are

Valentia ("girbals"..)

Velociraptors (famous-ish dinos that Kerbals could ride, or infact it could be the "Veloci", as in Velocity)

Voyager, (you know, outer planets and such)

Vesta (asteroid belt, in preparation for deep space refueling in later updates)

Von Braun (bigger rockets)

V.. something, russian cosmonaut who died on re-entry(re-entry heat)

_V_,( turns out Kerbals are actually world domination aspiring lizards)

Van Oort, (my personal guess, not mentioned yet, would mean *K*uiper belt/oort cloud stuff, including COMETS FOR ROSETTA !!!)

Versus, Multiplayer (but really he has been talking about that plenty without secrecy so It would surprise me still worth being on the list)

...Clearly it's going to be something amazing and earthshattering, considering he's going to be excited to see how we react to it. :P

I'm reminded of the last secret feature and the mixed feelings on that when it was finally shown. Can I guess deformable terrain? :P

---

Seriously, though. I like the volcanoes idea.

Edited by klgraham1013

I'm reminded of the last secret feature and the mixed feelings on that when it was finally shown.

It will be fine if he announces it in Squadcast tonight. The real problem with the destructible buildings was they spent a month hyping it up and while it was a neat feature, it wasn't as great as a month worth of hype built it up to be.

There are 7 billion people in the world. Several million have a name which starts with a V. It could be anybody.

And if Maxmaps means an already dead human it doesn't make it easier.

Yeah of course the V-person must have something to do with space & stuff but even then we're talking about thousands of people.

what if its maybe mother star to visit?

i would love it if it was that, i really want another star to visit.

i mean it would change how you would play the game i mean if you wanted to go to another star you would have to plan for everything!

Well, the most important name in KSP is surely Harvester! So it could be anything that he considers his "pet project" (beyond just KSP itself).

But remember,

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108159-What-is-Project-V?p=1687492&viewfull=1#post1687492

So we know that it was mentioned on the forums, probably in this thread, before that post.

That means the leading candidates for the name are Valentina Tereshkova, and female Kerbals in the game, or Ven, and his Stock Revamp becoming the new stock. With I suppose Volkswagen as an outside chance, either related to an update to the game's rovers or a pun on bug fixing.

How about Vitruvious? Maybe engineer Kerbals will get better skills... Or better yet, we can build more space centers (on other planets?)! :o

There's also some Roman gods whose names start with V. For example: Vediovus, god of the underworld (undead Kerbals?), or Vulturnus, god of the east wind (wind systems on Kerbin?). Or Volturnus, god of water (boats?). There's also Venus, obviously, which might go along with the idea of Girlbals.