[0.90] ADIOS Tech Tree - V.15 - 12-03-2015

Arachnidek

I appreciate the work you put into this, and you are certainly on the right track, but this needs major re-balancing. I have done every science possible vertically up to high space, plus several on the ground around KSC, and I simply do not have enough science to unlock a second rocket engine, decouplers, an antenna, or anything else to get me farther. Had I started with planes, I might have been able to take some survey missions, but just doing the normal height progression to orbit, and even unlocking goo, I simply cannot get enough science to go farther (I did not try to spam science around Kerbin or part tests, this is just a general, normal difficulty run-through.) I unlocked unmanned, science down to goo, and the tree over to antenna 2 (neither the first, second or third even has an antenna in it, but electricity did have some wing parts...)

If I am missing something, please tell me as I really like the idea behind your tree. I don't use many parts mods and I use AntennaRange instead of Remote Tech. I noticed there are two versions in the tech manager. One says notechcost? What's the difference?

Edited by metl

Try to deal with it, weight limits add a lot of fun. I haven't tried Adios yet, but i'm really exited to see btsm included in such a project. I'm curious if all of it got included, or only the best parts of it; if you delete it (wieght limit) you may loose many more functions.

Yeah, whenever I click on one of the "LINK" links for the other mods, I get a new tab with "about:blank" for the address, and the page is blank (not a big surprise, given the URL). This is using the chrome browser.

Right-clicking on the LINK doesn't give me the normal menu with "Open link in new tab", etc. It just gives me the same menu that I ge when clicking anywhere else on the page. The browser doesn't seem to recognize that it's a link.

Keith

p.s. I second the request for MechJeb compatibility. Or maybe I'm thirding it, whatever.

V.09 update released. I've removed links for now. Sorry about that. In V.09 i've removed Better than starting manned. I need to have a look at some of it's config files.

Changes:

------ V.09 - 03-02-2015 -----

- moved radial decoupler sooner in the tech tree for easier start

- RP cost adjusted (a bit easier in the early game)

- Added KW Rocketry support

- Added Romfarer Robotic Arm support

- Added Firespitter support

- Added Propellor tech node (for the Firespitter Propellors)

- Added SpaceY support

- Added Kerbal Engineer Redux support

- Added Mechjeb support

- Added Near Future Electrical support

- Added ExtraPlanetary Launchpads(EPL)->Regolith Adaptation

- fixed universal storage filter part placement

- fixed rcs tech branch (bigger tanks were placed before smaller)

- fixed spaceplane mk3 fuel tanks position

- fixed plasma thruster position

- Removed Better Than Starting Manned for now

- Karbonite update to 0.5.5

- Integrated Karbonite Sample Kit to Colonization

- USI Colonization Systems (MKS/OKS) update to 0.22.6

- DMagic Orbital Science update to v0.9.1.1

- Extraplanetary Launchpads update to v5.0.2

- FASA update to 5.20

- Remote Tech update to 1.6.2

Edited by Arachnidek

@metl

It isn't on CKAN yet. I've created a pull request today so it might be on ckan soon.

About the balancing issue. It's on the To do list. I've started to correct some of the costs and part placements but it's not a priority ATM. Currently i want to integrate at least a few more mods before getting into any major rebalancing. But sooner or later it's going to be done.

@Gaiiden

It still will work but the parts from the mods that aren't on the support list will be all over the place. Currently my main point of interest is more mod integration. KW Rocketry is already integrated in the tech tree with V09 update. LLL and AIES is on my to do soon list. Going to have a look at Coffee Industries it's the first time i heard about this mod.

It's a shame that we have to download everything separately. There are so many mods here, I wish there was a program that you could use to add and remove mods easily.

There is!!! CKAN manages all your mods: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-5-0-24-Dec-2014

Since the V0.9 version update the mod hasn't been working and i'm not getting the option to select tech trees even though i have the correct mods installed please try and fix i love this mod :cool:

Seems that you just do not have TechManager installed there - no plugin DLLs. Download it & install.

The mod is really interesting, though when there are no necessary mods installed for nodes - the nodes are empty, but still have their science value to open. Plus, some dependencies are quite ambiguous.

Hope, this mode will improve & will be an awesome techtree mode :)

Hey there! I'm having some issues with the contracts involving testing a part. Whenever I try to hit "Run Test" on the contextual menu of the part it does nothing! Furthermore, in the contract window the conditions to accomplish the contract (i.e: speed and altitude) appear unticked. Does anybody have this issue? I'm using the latest version (0.9) of ADIOS. Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

@metl

It isn't on CKAN yet. I've created a pull request today so it might be on ckan soon.

About the balancing issue. It's on the To do list. I've started to correct some of the costs and part placements but it's not a priority ATM. Currently i want to integrate at least a few more mods before getting into any major rebalancing. But sooner or later it's going to be done.

@Gaiiden

It still will work but the parts from the mods that aren't on the support list will be all over the place. Currently my main point of interest is more mod integration. KW Rocketry is already integrated in the tech tree with V09 update. LLL and AIES is on my to do soon list. Going to have a look at Coffee Industries it's the first time i heard about this mod.

Thanks for the update!. I just read the update and moving the radial decoupler sooner should be a good help. Like I said, overall I love layout. Hopefully when the stock tree gets revamped, it will be easier to implement mods into the tree or make a custom tree without it making stock so difficult and bare.

@lewistodd1881

Like previously said it appears you don't have techmanager installed. When you have it installed it always appears when you start a new game or when you press alt+f7 in the research building. If that doesn't work reinstall your mod.

@gertorro

I've played today for 4 hours with adios installed and i can't replicate your problem. Everything works fine for me. Can you provide a debug log when the bug happens ?

@tychochallenge, Zabalane

Interstellar will be supported in the next version in a few days.

I'm glad this tech tree has been getting more attention the last few days. The hard work you've put into is is apparent at first glance, so it definitely deserves it.

Take your time with balance and additions. I'm looking forward to the next version!

Can you please add support for the unofficial 0.90 KSP Interstellar? Please do so, I am just wanting for this to be added so I can start a new career mode, this tech tree looks awesome and I am kinda bored with the stock tech tree.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104943-0-90-KSP-Interstellar-port-maintance-thread

I'm finding that I can't run all of the "highly recommended" mods without running out of memory, even with the aggressive active texture manager. Any suggestions on which of the part packs would be best to leave out?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.