was thinking..someone should do a youtube series: This Week on Spacecraft Exchange!

inigma

What we could do is submit our own videos and make one giant community video. Then see how it is received on YT.

I don't think that its a good idea to combine it al into a single video; maybe if everyone who made videos like this had a playlist on their channel, and we all have each others videos on each others playlists.

Well the idea behind the Video Catalog is so that we can see who's who on Youtube, and thus network our Youtube channels. But as far as the This Week on Spacecraft Exchange video series, I was hoping to make or see someone (or more!) run with a 5-10 minute no-holds barred simple personal review of craft submitted on the Exchange in the past week on a weekly basis. Unfortunately I have no time to do it, but I will when I do. :) I figured it would promote KSP more, and generate more interest in the craft we publish on Spacecraft Exchange.

I think you guys come up with neat ideas! I just want to see more youtube vids, so have at it! :D

I don't think that its a good idea to combine it al into a single video; maybe if everyone who made videos like this had a playlist on their channel, and we all have each others videos on each others playlists.

This wont work. The videos will get a few hundred views at most and will then be forgotten. If we make one amazing, full of detail and cool craft, exciting clips and all that good stuff and then spread it around to as many places as possible. Here, reddit on ALL of our youtube pages. Send it to every KSP YTber you know.

That will be a great introduction video to the quality on this forum. It will grab peoples attention.

I guarantee if people randomly start posting videos about this forum they will be lost to obscurity.

MJ

This wont work. The videos will get a few hundred views at most and will then be forgotten. If we make one amazing, full of detail and cool craft, exciting clips and all that good stuff and then spread it around to as many places as possible. Here, reddit on ALL of our youtube pages. Send it to every KSP YTber you know.

That will be a great introduction video to the quality on this forum. It will grab peoples attention.

I guarantee if people randomly start posting videos about this forum they will be lost to obscurity.

MJ

Ok, so basically everyone records their own segments about different crafts, and then we all combine them together. I like it, but there would need to be some organization.

First off, we need to figure out who is doing what craft, so multiple people don't do the same craft.

Someone needs to edit all the footage together once everything is recorded.

Would it be a bunch of reviews of craft, or just a montage of a bunch of cool shots of various crafts?

Ok, so basically everyone records their own segments about different crafts, and then we all combine them together. I like it, but there would need to be some organization.

First off, we need to figure out who is doing what craft, so multiple people don't do the same craft.

Someone needs to edit all the footage together once everything is recorded.

Would it be a bunch of reviews of craft, or just a montage of a bunch of cool shots of various crafts?

See that is the problem. I don't see simple reviews getting many views on YT.The big numbers for KSP videos are for big YTber's lets play or one off mega missions like Kat's Duna Constellation.

We would have to set up a group of sorts to orgsnise it though.

If ya'll keep hashing this in committee I might just make a video anyways...lol

It doesn't have to be complicated. heh

Of course it would be nice for a formal video called The Best of Spacecraft Exchange which is what I think jim is talking about.

But a weekly review can be anything anyone comes up with that suits their fancy.

Channel link? Let this thread know if you start a series.

channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuH6tn6g-3xEtl9VhSN92nA

also a link to my current series forum post

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106121-A-mission-a-day-EVERY-day!

sorry was in a bit of a rush at the time ;)

still considering if I have the time to comit to a second KSP series.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

If ya'll keep hashing this in committee I might just make a video anyways...lol

It doesn't have to be complicated. heh

Of course it would be nice for a formal video called The Best of Spacecraft Exchange which is what I think jim is talking about.

But a weekly review can be anything anyone comes up with that suits their fancy.

I'll do some recording later and upload it if I find time for it.

I also like the idea of 'The Best of Spacecraft Exchange', in my opinion this should be a monthly series showing the best, or if there are enough spacecraft, weekly.

We should put up a group for that however... Still wondering, where :huh:

Yup you will need someone with a proper PC that can handle more complex craft and record. That person will also have to have the time to do this.

Unfortunately unless a well know YTber picks this up I afraid it will be just for us..

I can certainly do something like this, the only problem of course would be selection. Before this becomes a reality however, their needs to be some sort of submission thread for Craft of the Week

Yeah, I will probably do something like this, if I can get an easy organized way to get crafts. But to make it fun, I will probably add something like, destroy build destroy, and damage test/explode the craft.

Edited by astecarmyman

I can certainly do something like this, the only problem of course would be selection. Before this becomes a reality however, their needs to be some sort of submission thread for Craft of the Week

Yeah, I will probably do something like this, if I can get an easy organized way to get crafts. But to make it fun, I will probably add something like, destroy build destroy, and damage test/explode the craft.

Why a submission thread? Any craft thread opened on Spacecraft Exchange is fair game. That's why the idea is called "This Week on Spacecraft Exchange" not "Your Submissions Reviewed!" :) You pick.

Harv did some good episodes where he wanted submissions for some series he was doing and reviewed lots of ships in quick succession. It really worked as he went through lots of them and it was a real mixed bag, unlike picking specific things from the Spacecraft Exchange. I think he did 4 episodes.

Edit: This was the one I was thinking of.

Edit 2: Actually no, it was this one. :P

Edited by Redshift OTF

I really like this idea, because all crafts don't get equal attention/recognition in function of their builder, since the community trust more higher-rep builders like Cupcake, Majorjim, Rune, etc..

This could be fun to do and useful for the community, just to give a hint to the really good ideas but I don't have the video editing skills to do it yet, maybe soon. :P

I could definitely do this, I have a channel!

We need to set this up, it is such a great idea!

- - - Updated - - -

Problems for me: Mediafire won't work.....

And my channel is completely unknown...

Alright, I guess I can do some reviews, however what do you guys want to see reviewed? Performance? Speed? What characteristics should be mentioned, and what benchmarks should be used?

I think the idea here is to collaborate with each other to make one larger video. (i mean, you can still make your own videos if you want.)

The idea I had was a select few of Spacecraft Exchange crafts that suit the authors fancy to fly and record and comment on. Not all crafts. Heh. But each to his own! I am looking forward to what people do.

This would promote creativity over rep.

We just need enough interesting crafts to make it worth watching.

That's why it's probably better to go for a semi weekly serie.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.