F 35 style engines.

Tidus Klein

SO I recently finished watching the Avengers, movie....again and could not help but get gitty, as the part with the f 35 going in to hover mode comes around. and lets just say I instantly wanted to make one of my own disgin In KSP, sadly the only parts pack that I know of that provides such engine types, is retro future and an outdated engine by bobcat.

The retro future engine's and parts just clash with my whole idea amd style....they dont have enough moving parts and are a bit wonky to work with, when the shape you want isent square...

and the one from bobcat is cool and all...fits with the style but is horably outdated, and restrictive, so im asking a brave modder to make several parts that would make building this marvel of modern engineering a little easier.

1, it would be nice to have parts both in the mk1 style and mk2 style,

2 a dedicated engine part for the awesome 90 degree engine action and a version using IR that would let you use your own engine.

well thats all really i know its a crappy explanation, but the more detailed the better....I like moving things :P.

REF PICs.2014_3bsn_34_f35b_inflight_10p00200_04_1267828237_6971__main.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg them doors...;P

THAT...IS awwwwwsome...now you just need to model up the Fan part and it will be gold, I was also looking for a mk1 style variant and one where you could use your own engine, like just the shroud and tilt mech. Good work dude.

EX:for the forward fan, thing

file.php?id=15573&mode=view

130620-O-0000U-001.jpg

@Mecripp, ya I already have that read the OP please

Edited by Tidus Klein

THAT...IS awwwwwsome...now you just need to model up the Fan part and it will be gold, I was also looking for a mk1 style variant and one where you could use your own engine, like just the shroud and tilt mech. Good work dude.

Haha thanks :) I have the rotation animation down solid now, and if I can use Firespitter or some other plugin to enable custom vectoring that would be neat... and yup, I have plans for the fan part too! I'm for sure going to try to make a B9 variant, and I'll see about the MkI style too. I don't know much about IR and how that all works for the custom one, but I can look into it... the biggest obstacle I have right now is time (plus I'm new to modding) with my schoolwork, but I'll see how far I can get with this project :) Glad you like it so far!

There was the Falcon II by bobcat here is the download link http://www./download/hcis7azdgm0l9g6/Falcon2.zip

This is not a good Pic of it but

img

You know, Touhou torpedo made a version of this during the spaceport area, to bad he let it die with spaceport... I still have it and it still work in 0.25 i'm sure it work in 0.90 too.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see how this model end up. may be even come out with a version of my own later this year.

We'll see.

Heyy so here's an update on where I'm at, I promise I didn't disappear! Textures are WIP, as right now they are taking only from the stock Mk2 fuselage textures. I want to add some more to them once I figure out how to modify .MBM files...

Next step is Unity and figuring out how to rig the animations and such how I want them. These will be my first animated parts :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.