The Griffin | Crew Transport Vehicle

The Griffin | Crew Transport Vehicle

The Griffin is a crew transport vehicle inspired by the SpaceX Dragon V2.

Like the Dragon V2, the Griffin is capable of powered landings (i.e no parachutes).

Launched atop a Falcon 9 V1.1 the Griffin can transfer up to 4 Kerbals from KSC, to a orbital outpost, and back.

A short video showing it in action

Launch Stack

YSOwegZ.jpg

Launched atop a Falcon 9 V1.1

D2hYgEh.jpg

Landing at KSC

Uvd2dEA.jpg?1

Download (Still WIP)

Wait, what the... How did you do that hatch? Is is stock really? The only thing I can think of that matches colours are the crew cans with a ladder over over them, but I don't see how you could put that in there without clipping on the outside. Please explain!

Rune. The rest I short of get... except the heatshield. Also doubt that's stock.

I think the crew cabin is a C7 adapter with a cabin (but what cabin? I have no idea about that, too) clipped inside. I also love the landing engines clipped in the antennas.

The whole craft is truly amazing! Rep for you, Sir!

I, too. I thought: "Oh that´s a mod craft. He´s new and doesn´t know the prefixes. Wait ... this is a C7 adapter ... and the engines ... he´s a genius!"

Mk1 Lander Can.

Incredibly creative craft, excellent work!

Yeah, that's my best guess, that would get you the ladders... but that is grey, so that would mean kerbpaint, and there's no other evidence of its use. Triple checking... yeah, seems to be the only choice, lander can + kerbpaint.

I think the crew cabin is a C7 adapter with a cabin (but what cabin? I have no idea about that, too) clipped inside. I also love the landing engines clipped in the antennas.

The whole craft is truly amazing! Rep for you, Sir!

Oh, I got the adapter part. And the engines. Even the "windows" (though I would have used lights). But the heatshield, and the white hatch with a ladder over it? Without any mods, I just don't see how that is done.

And the service module... OP, do a proper one! With fins and stuff!

Rune. Wonderful cinematic, BTW. Awesome camera work to mimic SpaceX videos.

Nope. He's taken a C7 adapter tank and clipped in a bunch of parts including a Mk1 lander can (1 Kerbal) and a Mk1-2 command pod (3 more Kerbals).

Looks more like retextured hitchhiker to me.

E: though theres no way it could fit in that adapter.

E2: OP: thats how I imagine the mk1-2 pod should look like.

Edited by Veeltch

This is a great looking rocket but it ain't stock. Just look at the SAS wheel. And the crew cabin clipped inside isn't stock either.

It is actually completely stock, this is just a reskin of the SAS size L texture from B9 not really a mod part. The cabin is just a mk1 lander can + a mk1-2 command pod. Load of clipping..

I really like the craft though, creative use of structural parts, and esthetics, the communotron over the rockomax 24-77, very good idea

only weakness is part count.., have some rep anyway

I love this, I am using it as I type right now. Final aproch to KSP. All stock, amazingly done.

Is the interststage made from Ibeams? I'm also slightly grumpy as I have engines on my WIP Duna direct mission lander that are very similar to these ones. using the communicatron thing over an engine.

Edited by Majorjim

I just tested it. it is stock. entirely. not one mod. sp cool

Cool, It would be easy to tell its stock without the textures. Beaver you could give it fins so the orbiter looks more like the real one.

Great job on this man. But can we see it without the mod textures?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.