What could possibly go wrong?

InterCity

Well damn...I can't think of anything that could go wrong..other than the fact that your friends might think your invincible, and launch you towards the sun. You might meet the same fate as a comet.. :( Poor Sampa :(

Landing at sea level on Eve...what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Now with extra DLC! Get our season pass for 10% less! In order to make this EA-inspired business model work we had to make some compromises. Regretably, modding will no longer be possible. SPH and VAB sold separatly.

Powering my laptop with a RTG. Woohoo! Free power! What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing. As long as you stay on your OS's current version. Next version is incompatible. Upgrading the RTG's firmware results in either an accidental meltdown and irradiating your whole neighbourhood or getting a nasty malware. Of course, leaving your OS unpatched will lead to a virus infested computer.

Trying to skip coffee for a week... at least after 4pm. Nothing bad could happen?

You may start to get drowsy and fall asleep at random times in the day. Just make sure you aren't controlling any vehicles at the time!

I let my pet parrotlet (AKA Flying Land Piranha) out of his cage. What's the worst that could happen? (Oh gosh I'm screwed...)

He will meet his pet parrotlettess of his dreams. They elope, marry and have many children. Eventually they form a society, a culture, develope intelligence, art, and history lessons. Five generations later a swarm of little parrots invades your home. They are there to avenge their ancestor by eating his former captor: you.

Some people thought it to be a good idea to implement a feature into a web application. This feature lets the user execute an arbitrary file on the host system... What's the worst that could happen?

• 2 weeks later...

Your computer executes the factory reset function.

I created a gram of antimatter securely contained by a magnetic field powered by a thorium reactor in my basement. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by NeatCrown

Nothing... at first. They are cute, they are cheap, they sell well. The one guy with the quick wit to trademark them gets insanely rich. In fact, so rich, that the whole economy collapses around us. The world's civilization crumbles and everyone gets thrown back to midieval level technology. Now there is not nearly enough food to feed the billions of us... other than tribbles. The world is fed, all is good, we slowly cradle society back to current levels. Than you stub your toe at the kitchen table. And that's the worst of it.

Let's teach bacteria to control electricity... what could possibly go wrong?

Even if you would play KSP 24/7, every day for your whole life, you would still only play for 2.52 microseconds in total. You become bored because you crave KSP, but are unable to play it at all. You go in to a coma due to withdrawal.

Virologists have created a rabies-bubonic plague hybrid (zombie virus). What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by NeatCrown

Another spontaneous mutation could cause the virus to only propagate among cute kittens. Soon, there would be no kitties to pet and a large population spike of small dogs.

I've started playing World of Warcraft. What could possibly go wrong?

They fall out, onto your shoes.

You are also a construction worker, and as you are drilling a hole you see that the debris are falling on your shoes, like the keyboard prices. You get distracted.

Because you forgot to clip in to the wall, you fall, unfocused.

A survey on the 22nd floor is about to happen, but your falling hard hat hits the Lead Surveyor. The team doesn't survey that day.

2 Years later, the building is almost done.

A glass pane is being attached to floor 22 when a support beam crumbles.

Eveyone gets out, but the building falls onto a airport terminal (like Las Vegas' airport)

United Continental Flight 2202 is taking off, but debris from the collapse hits it. They declare Mayday.

The plane sheds some more debris into a nuclear plant. The coolant tanks fail.

The reactor fails too.

Fallout kills millions.

Disaster.

Don't push those keys at the same time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.