Valentina's Day community contest

KasperVld

Alright, here's my entry. I painted it with acrylic paints. I set up a tripod and took video of me drawing and painting the whole thing. I'm working on editing that so I have a short sped up video of it being painted. I'll add that when it's done rendering, I have to re-render it a lot to speed it up really fast.

69emeaB.jpg

Alright, here's my entry. I painted it with acrylic paints. I set up a tripod and took video of me drawing and painting the whole thing. I'm working on editing that so I have a short sped up video of it being painted. I'll add that when it's done rendering, I have to re-render it a lot to speed it up really fast.

http://i.imgur.com/69emeaB.jpg

You're really good at painting!

wowï¼ÂOne of the best collections

Awe shucks, thanks you guys. I saw poot's and it knocked my socks off. That one is really good but there's a lot of talented people here.

Got my video all finished. Big sigh of relief to have this done!

Weather today was perfect to take a better picture outside.

ydFIZ98.jpg

Bonus: neighbor kitty came to say hello

http://i.imgur.com/OfvhpRa.jpg

Edited by Little Katie
added better photo

that's a painting? Holy crap, that literally looks like an in-game Kerbin, and the kerbal and spaceship really look like 3D models! Unbelievable! That's magnificent indeed!

Just curious: Am I the only one who thinks these Kerbals look like Maggie Thatcher?

I thought the same. Dear God, she's back! This kerbette is not for turning...

I find it kind of strange that people picked up on yours, but not mine. Good one though

Thanks. I did the sneaky thing and ripped off some respected artwork that's in the public domain. ;)

PsykoticCreations: Surprisingly, yours seems to be the only chesty entry so far. It does beg the question - are kerbals mammals?

Algiark: I liked your entry, but you should have given her a grin.

I think that the default kerbal head shape is very masculine-looking, so it would be nice to see a more rounded head for the females. Adding eyelids would help make them more distinguishable from the males, and would be suggestive of the eye makeup that's so commonly associated with women without having any applied. And I wouldn't think it would need to be more complicated than re-texturing the eyeballs. Having a short, rounded hairstyle would allow the hair to be integrated more into the head mesh without ruling out modders retexturing to change hairstyle, etc. I picture female kerbals as having smaller mouths than the males, too. And I really feel that makeup should be kept to a bare minimum, though I would prefer none to be used at all. If the Almighty Squad can make female kerbals look feminine with all that in mind, that would be awesome. :cool:

Ugh, I had Zero Inspiration this week. I ended up with a slightly lackluster result, but I thought I might as well post it anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/ce2kDWB.png

Bro - you act like is this horrible... no offense- this is one of the BEST I've seen- in fact it looks BETTER than in game graphics to an extent! You've outdone yourself!

Can we please find out who did this? It rocks!! At a guess it is similar to the way the comic strip was drawn!! either way that is the attitude I think they should have!! Well that and the token flower power air head just because they are green, but the rest shuld be smart with attitude to compensate for the male wild abandon and edge of sanity " Hey, Y'all watch this!!" mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the top left shape of the head!!! That is a perfect picture and I Think should be accepted as the standard shape for female head, all those drawing are great!! Please get together with someone and model this in game and send it to squad!! Or allow a modder to use it!!

LMAO!! That seem's to sum up my experience with women and the expression on the kerbals faces is priceless!!!

like this one too

Edited by sal_vager