King of the Hill

Gojira

Seeing as there's no such thing as carborane acid, I determine you've just poured water all over the hill. I plant some man-eating rosebushes to guard the hill for me, which proceed to eat you, while I drop a concrete bunker on the hill so save me from these vicious plants. My hill. And bunker.

Carborane acid H(CHB11Cl11) is a superacid [1] one million times stronger than sulfuric acid.[2][3] The reason for this high acidity is that the acid anion carborane (CHB11Cl11−) is very stable and substituted with electronegative substituents (the chlorine atoms). H(CHB11Cl11) is the only acid known to protonate C60 fullerene without decomposing it.[4][5] Additionally, it is the only known anion capable of forming a stable, isolable salt with protonated benzene, C6H7+. In coordination chemistry carboranes can be used as unique bulky ligand scaffolds. It was recently demonstrated that the same carboranyl moiety can act either as strongly electron-withdrawing or electron-donating substituent, depending on the positional attachment of the cluster to the heteroatom.[6]–––– WIKIPEDIA

HA. GOTCHA

As JPL predicted, asteroid 99942 Apophis hit Earth. (Not really... Apophis is threat-less, for now. It ranked 0 in Torino Scale today. But this is all about sci-fi, right?) The damage to the hill is devastating, so bad that almost no one survived- unless you are nowhere from the hill. The damage will remain for another 1,000 years.

No one's Apophis Crater.

Edited by Designer225

My mission control sees this new crater as a perfect landing site and sends Jeb in with a nuclear powered lander to land at the site, bring out a remote control rover, and plant a flag.

My irradiated Apophis crater, Jeb, lander, rover, and flag!