[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

854 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

Quiztech is Back! with a strong return too!

(I'm Wafle)

Love the new shuttle command pod, and btw, if you're gonna make chinook parts you need adapters/cockpits for it.

Yep, all planned :) Although I can't decide if I should make the Chinook-esque cockpit fit the new fuselage shape, or try to make a helicopter-to-2.5m adapter and make the cockpit 2.5m...I'm just afraid that with the adapter it will look funky when put together :P I'll just have to make both and see what I like lol.

Also, if you are going to make Chinook parts, you have to make helicopter rotors too!

I do have an idea for a special type of rotor that I will keep secret for now, but I'm not sure whether I want to make a set of normal ones.. between other mods such as KAX and Firespitter there is a fair selection already, but I won't rule them out :)

what about a 2.5m aircraft cockpit and tweakable proppelers like firespitter ones but with a better model?

and also thrust vectoring engines? :D

Sounds like some good ideas to me :D I just drove past an airport and spotted a small jet plane that would make a good 2.5m cockpit...I'll have to try and find out what it was XD

What are the chances that we can get a version of your cockpits with no nose and instead have an attachment node on the front to work with BD Armories new radar noses? Also a 45 degree angle for the VTOL engines like others have said would be awesome to transition from Vertical to Horizontal flight.

P.S. Your mod is beautiful and super helpful as is now though.

What are the chances that we can get a version of your cockpits with no nose and instead have an attachment node on the front to work with BD Armories new radar noses? Also a 45 degree angle for the VTOL engines like others have said would be awesome to transition from Vertical to Horizontal flight.

P.S. Your mod is beautiful and super helpful as is now though.

Or someone could make an MM patch to add radar to the cockpits....

Or someone could make an MM patch to add radar to the cockpits....

That would be neat, and if it could work with raster prop monitor it would be even better :) I wonder if there is a way for BahamutoD's radar to be displayed in a custom HUD somehow..

That would be neat, and if it could work with raster prop monitor it would be even better :) I wonder if there is a way for BahamutoD's radar to be displayed in a custom HUD somehow..

That would be awesome if you could do that and have it on a screen while in IVA then when in EVA it just has the pop-up window. Also soooooo who knows how to code and wants to to the coding?

That would be awesome if you could do that and have it on a screen while in IVA then when in EVA it just has the pop-up window. Also soooooo who knows how to code and wants to to the coding?

I will *try* to make an MM patch to add radars to the cockpits. I will also (possibly?) try making an RPM screen for BD.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey for anyone that wants to add BD's radars to their quiztech cockpits BD gave the way to do it at the bottom page 450 of this forum Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85209-1-0-4-BDArmory-v0-9-2-%28-legacy-targeting-fixes%29-Dev-Thread-Aug-10?p=2130746&posted=1#post2130746

I know. I just want to make it an MM patch, so it is less...complicated....to install.

I will *try* to make an MM patch to add radars to the cockpits. I will also (possibly?) try making an RPM screen for BD.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. I just want to make it an MM patch, so it is less...complicated....to install.

I think a MM patch would be a good idea if you want to do it :) I'll link the DL for it on the OP with your permission if you finish it, and maybe include in in an update down the road :)

Edit: And I may also try my hand at a RPM prop...I have a cool idea for it :D

Edit2: Would you guys like a HUD like this instead of the framed one currently in the RPM IVA? I think its kinda cool :) It comes with the KSO mod so I'll have to check their licenses..

DE2RdSfh.png

Edited by Quiznos323

I think a MM patch would be a good idea if you want to do it :) I'll link the DL for it on the OP with your permission if you finish it, and maybe include in in an update down the road :)

Edit: And I may also try my hand at a RPM prop...I have a cool idea for it :D

Edit2: Would you guys like a HUD like this instead of the framed one currently in the RPM IVA? I think its kinda cool :) It comes with the KSO mod so I'll have to check their licenses..

http://i.imgur.com/DE2RdSfh.png

Yes please. Can we has?

Also Afars built into noses of your cockpits would be awesome as well

Hey Quiznoz, would you consider replacing Firespitter with Interstellar Fuel Switch in the next update, or even allowing to use either of these like Color-Coded Canister does? IFS is properly maintained and has more functionality, most high-profile modders like Nertea have made the switch. Your mod is now the only one in my fairly large list that depends on Firespitter, I'd really like to get rid of it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hey Quiznoz, would you consider replacing Firespitter with Interstellar Fuel Switch in the next update, or even allowing to use either of these like Color-Coded Canister does? IFS is properly maintained and has more functionality, most high-profile modders like Nertea have made the switch. Your mod is now the only one in my fairly large list that depends on Firespitter, I'd really like to get rid of it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I could consider it.. I've never used it, but it contains all the same modules that FS does?

Before I download the new version (just got back from vacation) is the overheating on the wing turbine fan rotor thingymajigs fixed? as in it doesn't take less than a min of flying at full throttle for them to explode, I've had that happen and it's so annoying ;-;

I could consider it.. I've never used it, but it contains all the same modules that FS does?

It has everything Firespitter has and more. The modules have the same names except that they start with "Interstellar" rather than "FS", so it's very simple to switch. Here's an exemple of how Necrobones wrote his fuel switching patch for Color Coded Canisters to support both IFS and Firespitter, with compatibility with Cryogenic Engines as a bonus:

@PART[Size3LargeTank]:FOR[ColorCodedCans]:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch|InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoEngines]
{
MODULE
{
name:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoEngines] = FSfuelSwitch //ColorCodedCans fuel switching disables itself if Cryogenic Engines is installed to ensure compatibility
name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoEngines] = InterstellarFuelSwitch
resourceGui:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = LiquidFuel+Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer //resourceGui is exclusive to IFS, it adds a fuel type indicator in the tweakable menu
resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
resourceAmounts = 6480,7920;12960;15840
basePartMass = 9
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.