[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

Regarding those engine animations, this quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propelling_nozzle may interest you:

It seems counterintuitive, but you want the nozzle to contract as throttle increases...

Ah I see, yes that makes sense. A narrow nozzle will make a higher pressure, thus more thrust.

Lovely cPits dude !!! My latest creation with one of urs:

Perfect cPit for Rafale replica. BTW Looking forward for the engines, hope they come as a separate single version :)

http://imgur.com/a/JQ1US

Woah, awesome job! That thing looks sweet :)

But I believe that there is one more functionality, and that is atmospheric pressure compensation due to altitude

Turbofan engines typically operate in the lower 20 km of the atmosphere. As such, the need for nozzle expansion for altitude compensation is fairly low. Engines built to fly higher than that might well have such a system, however.

Really fantastic parts, really enjoying playing with them, except for one minor annoyance i'm having.

When trying to build Vtol aircraft with your engines, i'm having trouble due to the fact i can't control the throttle well enough to hover. Is there a possibility for changing the config of your Vtol engines so that they can use the same method of toggle hover/increase/decrease hover height that is seen in B9 Vtol parts and firespitter helicopter rotors?

Really fantastic parts, really enjoying playing with them, except for one minor annoyance i'm having.

When trying to build Vtol aircraft with your engines, i'm having trouble due to the fact i can't control the throttle well enough to hover. Is there a possibility for changing the config of your Vtol engines so that they can use the same method of toggle hover/increase/decrease hover height that is seen in B9 Vtol parts and firespitter helicopter rotors?

Hi, glad you are liking the parts :)

There was a conversation about this very subject across pages 9 and 10, but the short answer at this point is probably not unfortunately.

Yes it is. Two engine nozzles on a slightly shortened bi-coupler :)

I'm curious as to why though - is the stock bi-coupler just longer than what you wanted? Do the engines have a non-standard diameter? It's certainly more versatile to have independent parts...

ah well, it's a sad limitation, but i can understand now why that would be difficult, thank you for the quick reply.

Have you put any thought into perhaps designing a bicoupler and intake that would allow an aircraft with an F-16 intake melded into the Mk1 fuselage system?

I'm curious as to why though - is the stock bi-coupler just longer than what you wanted? Do the engines have a non-standard diameter? It's certainly more versatile to have independent parts...

Yeah it thought it was just a tad too long, and I thought that it would be fun to have the option of having both engines in one for those that like making twin engine jets. I may release them as single engines too, but since there is already a turbofan included in stock it would have to fill a different role or have different stats to be useful.

Is that K-10 cockpit still in progress?

I do still have it on my list yes :) I have to redo it because the model got erased somehow when I was working on my laptop away from home :P I just haven't had much time to work on anything in the last week or so.

Edit: Btw, has anyone had trouble with the FloatCurve Editor in Unity 4.2.2? I can't seem to get the package to import...

Edited by Quiznos323

Yeah it thought it was just a tad too long, and I thought that it would be fun to have the option of having both engines in one for those that like making twin engine jets. I may release them as single engines too, but since there is already a turbofan included in stock it would have to fill a different role or have different stats to be useful.

Ah yeah, I keep forgetting how little jet engines can actually be customized in stock. What I get for using AJE for so long I suppose...

First off, these parts look awesome! I consider these to be up there with Bahamuto dynamics!

But while looking at them I got a part idea: have you considered making an air intake with a fan that spins according to ship throttle? I haven't played in months, so maybe someone already made something like that, but I remember it always bugging me how lifeless most air intakes look.

First off, these parts look awesome! I consider these to be up there with Bahamuto dynamics!

But while looking at them I got a part idea: have you considered making an air intake with a fan that spins according to ship throttle? I haven't played in months, so maybe someone already made something like that, but I remember it always bugging me how lifeless most air intakes look.

Thanks a lot! I have not thought of this, but I know that a handful of mods use firespitter to achieve this effect on some of their parts. B9 does for sure on some engines. I may think about it if others express interest in it.

Small update today, but it brings with it a new part: the Mk2 Twin Turbofan Engine! Plus some other minor tweaks and changes.

P3QXvRyh.png

"Highhhwayyy tooo the dangerzone..."

Edited by Quiznos323

hay dude...awesome work on my suggestion, sorry I dident reply earlier, I got caught up in space engineers, and various other life things, and haven't touched KSP in a long time. glade to see you got all the engines done. still think you can do a RI version so you can use your own engines?

PS did I say theses look AWESOME yet?

Love the parts,

Made a spaceplane and featured it on my video channel:

For those interested .craft is available here:

http://kerbalx.com/Grunf/SPL%20-%20VTOL%20-%20Mk2a%20Brunhildr

That's a sweet plane! Really creative use and placement of the engines :) Does it make orbit? And do you mind if I link to your video in the OP? :)

hay dude...awesome work on my suggestion, sorry I dident reply earlier, I got caught up in space engineers, and various other life things, and haven't touched KSP in a long time. glade to see you got all the engines done. still think you can do a RI version so you can use your own engines?

PS did I say theses look AWESOME yet?

Thanks, and thank you for the idea for the vtol parts :)

Not sure about the infernal robotics engine... If I did one the vtol swivel animation would have to go away as I understand that IR can only do rotating or extending one object at a time.

Thanks again!

Edited by Quiznos323

Very nice :)

I would say perhaps don't feel too constrained by the exact look of real-life counterparts. In particular, that post down the center of the SR-71-alike's windscreen is going to be very annoying in IVA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.