[1.0.x] Civilian Population 1.4

michaelhester07

Just checking...in 1.3 there will be no CivilianManagement folder anymore since your install instructions say to delete it and ver 1.3 has no CivilianManagement folder in the zip file..just DistroMe with subs PipeLines and a GameData that I am believing needs to be merged in the the Gamedata folder. Is the DistroMe the new main Mod folder? and if not is PipeLines a GameData folder or a Sub of DistroMe

lHFp08L.jpg

Ok playing around figured it out....No CivMan folder and move PipeLines to GameData and it works.

Edited by Shalidor
FIX

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Biodome Mk2 farm. I was testing it out in the the Sandbox before adding it to my career track. Sadly the Farm Biodome Nk2 has a size changing bug. I can launch/build one but when I leave to the spaceport (or other ship with enough distance) when I reload the farm it has expanded. Everything I had on it's outside is now inside. I put some girders on this one so you can see in the pics

Before

screenshot11.png

screenshot

After

screenshot10.png

upload gif

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Biodome Mk2 farm. I was testing it out in the the Sandbox before adding it to my career track. Sadly the Farm Biodome Nk2 has a size changing bug. I can launch/build one but when I leave to the spaceport (or other ship with enough distance) when I reload the farm it has expanded. Everything I had on it's outside is now inside. I put some girders on this one so you can see in the pics

Before

http://s2.postimg.org/oeopzy815/screenshot11.png

screenshot

After

http://s6.postimg.org/j344tykr5/screenshot10.png

upload gif

I never saw that in my tests. I'll check it tonight. There seemed to be something similar happen with my cruiser mod where the game forgot what the scale of the part was after I launched it. Do you have any mod that sets the rescale factor on a part?

Edited by michaelhester07

Only recently installed this mod (amazingly it works in 0.25 :P), it does look very cool, and I've had fun building with it so far, but a couple of minor issues I just wanted to bring up:

The EVA hatches on some modules are a little.... wonky:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also, would it be possible to lock the tweakable scale for civilians to 1 step increments? I'm feeling really bad about having 42.39 civilians in my apartment block :D

YIpOSgf.jpg

Lastly, would it be possible to have a window that shows how long the life support will last vs. the amount of civilians you have aboard in the VAB? Like the one that TAC LS has for Kerbal Crew, but for civilians. Just makes it easier to plan out how much life support you need for them :)

"Mommy why is there a severed arm in the closet?" -little girl

"We got paid to take it with us. Somehow it's still alive." -apartment module admin

About fractions of civilians... I couldn't figure out how to restrict it to decimal intervals. I also don't really know how to do a UI window. I could figure it out.

I never saw that in my tests. I'll check it tonight. There seemed to be something similar happen with my cruiser mod where the game forgot what the scale of the part was after I launched it. Do you have any mod that sets the rescale factor on a part?

I love the mod. Really adds depth to the game.

I notice the construction drone does the same. Let me know if you need a screen shot. GREAT WORK!

I've got Tweakscale but I was using the default but that mod does not even have an option to scale in the hangar

Pulled Tweakscale out of my mods and ran a test and it still happens.

Update. Don't know why nobody else seems to be having this problem. I pulled every mod out except yours and it still does the same thing.

Edited by Shalidor

Seems to be a bug with rescaleFactor... i looked it up. I'll have to patch the parts. I never had this issue before though. The patch is to set the scale through the MODEL{} definition rather than rescaleFactor. This may break users who this is working for though.

Patch 1.3.1 released! It fixes the very issue we're talking about right now (hopefully). If you still see it or any other issues let me know.

When installing this patch backup your saves, and remove the NetherdyneAerospace folder before you copy the new one in.

Seems to be a bug with rescaleFactor... i looked it up. I'll have to patch the parts. I never had this issue before though. The patch is to set the scale through the MODEL{} definition rather than rescaleFactor. This may break users who this is working for though.

No, it shouldn't break anything unless there's an error in the math used to construct the scale numbers.

Going to shoehorn this into my game and see if I can make it work. At the moment my list is getting long, so I may have to ditch a few other items to make it fit...Small point. You specify that this mod requires Extraplanetary Launchpads for one of the parts to work. Any chance that you could do a little check to see if it works with the new MKS/OKS Orbital Ship Yard and Orbital Launchpad? Would love to know...if I don't check it and find out myself in the next few days...I will of course keep you updated if you want as to how it works with my MKS Orbital building stuff.

Shad

EDIT: I appear to have mistaken April fools for March 1st.. don't worry :D

Looks great - will try it out as soon as I can. Plan on building a large moon colony.

Edited by zJordan

Going to shoehorn this into my game and see if I can make it work. At the moment my list is getting long, so I may have to ditch a few other items to make it fit...Small point. You specify that this mod requires Extraplanetary Launchpads for one of the parts to work. Any chance that you could do a little check to see if it works with the new MKS/OKS Orbital Ship Yard and Orbital Launchpad? Would love to know...if I don't check it and find out myself in the next few days...I will of course keep you updated if you want as to how it works with my MKS Orbital building stuff.

Shad

It's breaky right now unfortunately - getting bug reports with the cocktail of this mod, MKS, and EL.

It's breaky right now unfortunately - getting bug reports with the cocktail of this mod, MKS, and EL.

If it's exception based please float me the log file... if it's a ksp crash I can't help you. My KSP crashes after every about 10-15 scene changes and I drink the same cocktail but nothing else is really breaking.

Shad

It works for me but I had a few issues to work through. On the other hand I only have RoverDudes mods + EPL + Civ Pop.

Edited by delder92663

Shad

The Extraplanetary Launchpad requirement is for the construction drone part. This part does nothing otherwise. In my testing I built a mun city with survey stakes and had MKS installed. An MKS colony control center provided the construction pad. It will work with any other launchpad too. I provided parts which let you use the original 3 step system from EPL with MKS installed as well.

Laser Drill: Can mine Ore

Laser Smelter: Convert Ore to Metal

Cnc Mill: Convert Metal to rocket parts

Construction Drone: Increases the productivity of the ship by 30. The construction drone is not a launchpad or survey station.

I did not provide a launchpad as EPL and MKS provide those. You can build on any launchpad. For bases I recommend using a survey station (Colony Control Centers have those) and survey stakes. I posted a sample layout for how to survey the build spot for a biodome.

I did not specifically test orbital construction with the drone but I don't expect any issues.

i built this (pics), but how do i get it populated ?

When you right click on the base, what does the growth rate say?