[1.0.x] Civilian Population 1.4

michaelhester07

I installed 1.3.1 and when I put legs on the biofarm launch..go to spaceport and come back they are still up under it as in my previous post with pics. I completely deleted the NetherdyneAerospace folder and reinstalled it with the 1.3.1 files. no fix here

microwave: You can only get civilians with the dock while in Kerbin space. You can't get civilians flying directly to Eve. You'll have to transport them there with enough population for reproduction.

TheCardinal and Shalidor:

Did you re-make the craft that used the farm after the update? If you didn't the .craft file still has the rescale factor in it.

Did you re-make the craft that used the farm after the update? If you didn't the .craft file still has the rescale factor in it.

I've built different craft but there was another "old" craft in the savefile (which didn't have the exploded view problem). I will start the game from scratch.

Edited by TheCardinal

microwave: You can only get civilians with the dock while in Kerbin space. You can't get civilians flying directly to Eve. You'll have to transport them there with enough population for reproduction.

is there any other way to get them from an orbital station (i luckily have one in orbit there :D ) down to surface with other things than RD's orbital logistic hub ?

I too built a new one...just put some legs and a control on the farm in the sandbox and launched it on the runway...went to space port and back and the legs were inside it just like before

Edit

Also it's possible to build your own farms using the park bases as they work fine. It's only when you attach something to the premade farm base that the problem exists.

Edited by Shalidor

So I'm not sure what I did wrong, but several part of this addon are not working properly for me. I am not getting all the stats when I click on a civilian module, just some of the basics. I am also not getting any population growth. And the movie theater doesn't generate any inspiration, and there is no option for me to play movies. I also don't seem to generate C02 or waste (though I do generate waste water), and when I turn on the air circulator and recycler in the Hydroponic Garden Biosphere, it says "Missing Inputs." Ill include some screenshots to show what I mean.SF974Et.jpgSfZRyJa.jpgMzQXZ8x.jpgCwD6L4nAw7rXRz

Hello I really like the concept of this mod, however it seems that I can't get it to work. I have installed it in ckan but the parts or the civilianpopulation "fuel type" doesn't exist in the game. I'm using the steam version on Windows 7 64bit.

http://i59.tinypic.com/25hjxjs.jpg - picture of all the mods i currently have installed

EDIT: Forgot to say that I also tried to remove all mods and only install civilian population (with ckan so all the requried mods were added too) but it the parts didn't show up anyway, the other mods did doe but not civilian population, what am I doing wrong? Is it just that it doesn't support steam version or is it the 64 bit part?

Edited by Zelthier
more info about the issue

So I'm not sure what I did wrong, but several part of this addon are not working properly for me. I am not getting all the stats when I click on a civilian module, just some of the basics. I am also not getting any population growth. And the movie theater doesn't generate any inspiration, and there is no option for me to play movies. I also don't seem to generate C02 or waste (though I do generate waste water), and when I turn on the air circulator and recycler in the Hydroponic Garden Biosphere, it says "Missing Inputs." Ill include some screenshots to show what I mean.http://i.imgur.com/SF974Et.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/SfZRyJa.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/MzQXZ8x.jpghttp://imgur.com/CwD6L4nhttp://imgur.com/Aw7rXRz

I have not run across your problem myself. it could be something do to with power or control I can't tell with that craft how things are connected. I know if I designed a huge craft along a central axis and all the parts work..I do know you can ignore the 0/99 crew message. My Generational ship has that also. I have a 3man cockpit that is the only thing manned. If you could share the craft file someway I'd love to see how your's is put together in a hangar so I could see if it is only that which makes it not work.

I have not run across your problem myself. it could be something do to with power or control I can't tell with that craft how things are connected. I know if I designed a huge craft along a central axis and all the parts work..I do know you can ignore the 0/99 crew message. My Generational ship has that also. I have a 3man cockpit that is the only thing manned. If you could share the craft file someway I'd love to see how your's is put together in a hangar so I could see if it is only that which makes it not work.

Here ya go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmvmzsqgqazlg7f/Colony.craft?dl=0

Well I put it into space and for me everything works like it's supposed too. I even tried only using 1 Kerbal and did it 3 times so I got to try all job classes. Everything worked each time. All I can think is you may have a bad install or something. There is nothing wrong with your ship.

Hello I really like the concept of this mod, however it seems that I can't get it to work. I have installed it in ckan but the parts or the civilianpopulation "fuel type" doesn't exist in the game. I'm using the steam version on Windows 7 64bit.

http://i59.tinypic.com/25hjxjs.jpg

- picture of all the mods i currently have installed

EDIT: Forgot to say that I also tried to remove all mods and only install civilian population (with ckan so all the requried mods were added too) but it the parts didn't show up anyway, the other mods did doe but not civilian population, what am I doing wrong? Is it just that it doesn't support steam version or is it the 64 bit part?

You could try to just delete the Civilian Population folder from you gamedata manually, and download the latest version, then unzip and just copy the NetherdyneAerospace folder into your GameData folder, worked for me, maybe worth a try

The 99 crew part is something I had to do to get around the zooming bug when a part has more than 2 resources on it. Each civie can has 5 resources and if it has a command module on it then the game doesn't render the resource list and cause the zooming glitch. 0/99 is perfectly normal.

You could try to just delete the Civilian Population folder from you gamedata manually, and download the latest version, then unzip and just copy the NetherdyneAerospace folder into your GameData folder, worked for me, maybe worth a try

Thank you! I can't believe that I didn't try this myself, I guess i like to have everything installed through ckan but something is messed up with the ckan installation then. Your suggestion worked though so I'm happy! :)

Well I put it into space and for me everything works like it's supposed too. I even tried only using 1 Kerbal and did it 3 times so I got to try all job classes. Everything worked each time. All I can think is you may have a bad install or something. There is nothing wrong with your ship.

I redownloaded, deleted, and reinstalled the mod, including all the other folders, like Regolith and Community Resource Pack, still the same problems. I also tried downloading Regolith independently and replacing that, nothing. Is there an addon not included in this thats required? Is there a different way to show the stats on civilian modules besides right clicking on them?

Found a bug in your Laser Drill. The Biomass Converter works great with 1 exception. If your water tank ever gets full the Biomass Converter stops working and gives the error of No space. Drain any amount and it starts working again...but if the water tank ever fills it stops again with the no space error

I redownloaded, deleted, and reinstalled the mod, including all the other folders, like Regolith and Community Resource Pack, still the same problems. I also tried downloading Regolith independently and replacing that, nothing. Is there an addon not included in this thats required? Is there a different way to show the stats on civilian modules besides right clicking on them?

I don't know why it's not working. I do know the zip file has a folder called PipeLines that actually goes in the Gamedata folder but I removed that from mine and it still worked. It's supposed to work without any other mods.

I don't know why it's not working. I do know the zip file has a folder called PipeLines that actually goes in the Gamedata folder but I removed that from mine and it still worked. It's supposed to work without any other mods.

Adding the Pipelines folder got it working, mostly. The ships Ive already launched still dont have population growth, but the stats show and the movie theater works now. New ships launched work seemingly mostly as intended, but if I have a civilian dock on it the population growth stops entirely when I leave Kerbin space (I know I shouldnt get pop from the dock anymore, but I don't get any reproduction growth either) but if I launch a ship with no dock its population growth continues outside Kerbin space.

Adding the Pipelines folder got it working, mostly. The ships Ive already launched still dont have population growth, but the stats show and the movie theater works now. New ships launched work seemingly mostly as intended, but if I have a civilian dock on it the population growth stops entirely when I leave Kerbin space (I know I shouldnt get pop from the dock anymore, but I don't get any reproduction growth either) but if I launch a ship with no dock its population growth continues outside Kerbin space.

Glad that fixed it.

Anyone else have the Biomass bug?