[1.0.x] Civilian Population 1.4

michaelhester07

So I'm not sure what I did wrong, but several part of this addon are not working properly for me. I am not getting all the stats when I click on a civilian module, just some of the basics. I am also not getting any population growth. And the movie theater doesn't generate any inspiration, and there is no option for me to play movies. I also don't seem to generate C02 or waste (though I do generate waste water), and when I turn on the air circulator and recycler in the Hydroponic Garden Biosphere, it says "Missing Inputs." Ill include some screenshots to show what I mean.http://i.imgur.com/SF974Et.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/SfZRyJa.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/MzQXZ8x.jpghttp://imgur.com/CwD6L4nhttp://imgur.com/Aw7rXRz

Do you have a command pod? Hard to tell on my screen.

Seems like the Civilian Population module is missing from the civie pod. Did this ship exist from 1.2 and you upgraded to 1.3 or did you install the mod fresh from 1.3?

If you upgraded make sure you removed the old Civilian Management folder from your gamedata directory. This old version doesn't check for regolith and extraplanetary launchpads correctly and will disable the modules as a result.

The farms are all regolith based so make sure you have the inputs for the farms. These are listed when you select the part in the VAB. The generators on the farm:

The food generator needs electricity, water, and biomass.

The air circulator needs electricity and carbon dioxide.

The recycler needs electricity and waste

The water recycler needs electricity and waste water

If you have more farms than population centers it will be perfectly normal for one or more farms to be starved of inputs, especially for the recyclers and the scrubber.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple somewhere, but I cannot get any (well, almost any) of the components to work. Farm never works and just says "missing inputs". The recycler and scrubber do work, but nothing else. No Biomass use/food generation, it sometimes says Civpop has increased (when looking at resources) but never reaches capacity and sometimes doesn't work at all. And when it does, nothing in the actual right-click window for the part indicates Civpop exists or is growing/increasing. I put 3 Kerbals in the small apartment as crew, but they never show up on the screen like other command pods. I can EVA them if I click on the Crew Hatch.

I've tried all kinds of part configurations, tons of power, tons of TAC supplies (both waste and life support supplies), and nothing.

CKAN will not install the mod properly. If I use CKAN, the only part that shows up is the CNC mill part. Only about 10% of the files in the zip get copied to gamedata. I've manually install the mod, I've copied the Pipelines folder to gamedata, I've automatically and manually removed/installed CommResourcePack and Regolith. All to no avail. So I'm not sure if some other mod is causing issues or if there is still some kind of corruption or missing files for the mod. I have even installed ExPlanetLaunch and still nothing.

Does anyone have any other clues or a simple craft file they have that works that I can try? This has been driving me crazy for days!!

Greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

eYLivPc.png

nZs02Rt.png

There might be missing storage for some of the waste products, i can just see the green ones, they come in 4 flavours i think.

For installing ...

delete the Civilian Population folder from you gamedata manually, and download the latest version, then unzip and just copy the NetherdyneAerospace folder into your GameData folder (considering Regolith and CRP are where they belong)

Since plants can grow via light that isn't the sun could you make a small hydroponic garden for use on a ship with no civilian population? I love this mod but i just would like that option for an interplanetary ship. Especially since the sun would not be nearly as bright at Eeloo so it wouldn't matter if it was covered or not.

Can you change the zise of everrything smaller a bit. I try to take it from Kerbin to Orbit ( Build a station around Kerbin ) but it's so huge. Just change size but don't change mass. So hard to build it when it's so big and the house is not tall enough :D

Can you change the zise of everrything smaller a bit. I try to take it from Kerbin to Orbit ( Build a station around Kerbin ) but it's so huge. Just change size but don't change mass. So hard to build it when it's so big and the house is not tall enough :D

Personally I just build everything in orbit. Much easier.

I'm sry I don't think I was clear in what I was asking. I was asking if you could make a smaller Hydrproponic garden that you could not see the plants on so it would look better aesthetically on long range transports.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple somewhere, but I cannot get any (well, almost any) of the components to work. Farm never works and just says "missing inputs". The recycler and scrubber do work, but nothing else. No Biomass use/food generation, it sometimes says Civpop has increased (when looking at resources) but never reaches capacity and sometimes doesn't work at all. And when it does, nothing in the actual right-click window for the part indicates Civpop exists or is growing/increasing. I put 3 Kerbals in the small apartment as crew, but they never show up on the screen like other command pods. I can EVA them if I click on the Crew Hatch.

I've tried all kinds of part configurations, tons of power, tons of TAC supplies (both waste and life support supplies), and nothing.

CKAN will not install the mod properly. If I use CKAN, the only part that shows up is the CNC mill part. Only about 10% of the files in the zip get copied to gamedata. I've manually install the mod, I've copied the Pipelines folder to gamedata, I've automatically and manually removed/installed CommResourcePack and Regolith. All to no avail. So I'm not sure if some other mod is causing issues or if there is still some kind of corruption or missing files for the mod. I have even installed ExPlanetLaunch and still nothing.

Does anyone have any other clues or a simple craft file they have that works that I can try? This has been driving me crazy for days!!

Greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hi all, I think my problem is the same/similar. I can build all the relevant parts, but none of the resource levels ever change. Even if I just use a civilian apartment block with no additional storage, no farms, no anything else, the resource levels don't change, none of the civilians die, no waste products are produced, etc. I'm not using any TAC/life support mod, do I need to?

At present, I can build whatever space stations / habitats I want without any resource considerations. I'm sure this isn't right, so I'd appreciate if anyone can shed any light on this! The mod list I'm using is below (from CKAN), not including the 1.3 CivilianPopulation mod which doesn't work from CKAN for me either:

- Achievements 1.8.0

- ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Aggressive 4-3

- AviationLights 3.7

- CityLights autodetected dll

- Clouds autodetected dll

- CollisionFX autodetected dll

- CommunityResourcePack 0.3.3

- CrossFeedEnabler autodetected dll

- DistantObject autodetected dll

- EditorExtensions 2.5.1

- Firespitter autodetected dll

- GCMonitor 1.2.1.0-20

- Geometry autodetected dll

- InfernalRobotics autodetected dll

- KAS autodetected dll

- KerbalAlarmClock autodetected dll

- KerbalConstructionTime 1.1.5

- KerbalEngineer autodetected dll

- KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.2

- KerbalKonstructs 0.7.2

- KerbalStats 1.1.1

- KineTechAnimation autodetected dll

- km_Gimbal autodetected dll

- KSPAlternateResourcePanel autodetected dll

- KSPAPIExtensions autodetected dll

- MechJeb2 autodetected dll

- MechJebNEARExt autodetected dll

- MechJebRPM autodetected dll

- MiniAVC autodetected dll

- ModuleManager autodetected dll

- NEAR autodetected dll

- OverlayMgr autodetected dll

- PFUtilityAddon autodetected dll

- PlanetShine autodetected dll

- QuickExit v1.21

- QuickScroll v1.20

- QuickSearch v1.10

- RasterPropMonitor autodetected dll

- RealSolarSystem autodetected dll

- Regolith 0.1.7

- ResGen autodetected dll

- Scale_Redist autodetected dll

- ShipManifest 4.1.4.2

- SmokeScreen autodetected dll

^ SpaceY-Lifters 0.9.1

- StageRecovery 1.5.3

- StockBugFixModules v0.1.7d

- SXT 20

- Terrain autodetected dll

- TextureReplacer autodetected dll

- Toolbar 1.7.8

- Trajectories 1.1.3

- TweakScale v1.52.1

- VirginGeneric autodetected dll

Thanks for your help!

Hi all, I think my problem is the same/similar. I can build all the relevant parts, but none of the resource levels ever change. Even if I just use a civilian apartment block with no additional storage, no farms, no anything else, the resource levels don't change, none of the civilians die, no waste products are produced, etc. I'm not using any TAC/life support mod, do I need to?

I'm pretty sure that you will not use any food or gasses if you don't have the TAC/lifesupport mod. Not 100% sure but I use it and all of it works for me. TAC Life-support is the mod that started the Kerbals using food so it makes sense that without it they would not.

I'm pretty sure that you will not use any food or gasses if you don't have the TAC/lifesupport mod. Not 100% sure but I use it and all of it works for me. TAC Life-support is the mod that started the Kerbals using food so it makes sense that without it they would not.

Thanks Shalidor, you're spot on. I installed the TAC life support mod and now everything is working. Thanks very much indeed!

No problem. Also if your going to use the Laser Drill for making Biomass the way it is right now when your water tanks are full you will get a 'no space' message and it stops making Biomass. 1 quick fix is to install TAC Fuel Balancer and Dump a small water tank...or do what I did and edit the Laserdrill.cfg. Change First Module from

RecipeOutputs = Water,0.200,False,BioMass,0.555555555555,False,CarbonDioxide,40,True

to

RecipeOutputs = Water,0.200,True,BioMass,0.555555555555,False,CarbonDioxide,40,True

The True allows overflow of water so the Biomass won't shut down.

Mod Author is a bit busy right now but when they get the chance I think that will be an update

Hmmm.......I have TAC/LS installed and still can't get the farms to work. Anyone have a simple craft they can shoot me to test with?

Just need a too add tanks, drill and a power source for them to work.

The farms are one part of a resource loop:

Food cycle

Biomass (farms grow into)-> Food (consumed by crew/civies produces)-> waste (recycled in farm recycler produces)-> Biomass

Water Cycle

Water (farm consumes to produce food, civies/crew consume, produces)-> waste water (recycled by farm into)-> water

Air cycle

oxygen (consumed by crew/civies)-> carbon dioxide (farm recycles) -> oxygen

The food cycle has a secondary resource loop:

Crew biomass loop

food -> Civilians (reproduction)

Civilians(death) -> food ("Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!")

No burials at space here. Civies will have resource mass recycled into food. Resources will leave this system if you recruit from the population.

Resources may leave the loop when the waste overflows. Overflow waste is dumped into space. Resources will enter the loop from the laser drill which can add water, CO2, and Biomass to the system. Other mods may have converters that make these resources too.

If your farm isn't working make sure you have the full cycle supported on your craft for the three main resource types (food, water, air). There are surface attach tanks for resources from all parts of each loop. The farms do not contain biomass, CO2, or Oxygen by default. Space for these needs to be provided through the resource pods.

If your farms aren't working then make sure you have at least one of each of these pods on the ship:

Fertilizer pod

Gas pod

Waste pod

Civilian quarters each have space for 1 kerbin-day worth of waste for each of their population capacity (if a pod has 8 civilian capacity it has 1 day of waste storage for 8 civilians, or 8 days of storage for 1 civilian). The surface attach resource pods except the fertilizer pod have storage for 1 week for 2 civilians each. The fertilizer pod has storage enough that when maxed out you can produce about 70 kerbals (7 tons of mass). When using it for smaller ships you may want to tweak the biomass down so it's lighter to launch.

No problem. Also if your going to use the Laser Drill for making Biomass the way it is right now when your water tanks are full you will get a 'no space' message and it stops making Biomass. 1 quick fix is to install TAC Fuel Balancer and Dump a small water tank...or do what I did and edit the Laserdrill.cfg. Change First Module from

RecipeOutputs = Water,0.200,False,BioMass,0.555555555555,False,CarbonDioxide,40,True

to

RecipeOutputs = Water,0.200,True,BioMass,0.555555555555,False,CarbonDioxide,40,True

The True allows overflow of water so the Biomass won't shut down.

Mod Author is a bit busy right now but when they get the chance I think that will be an update

Thanks for this. I was having a similar problem with the farms no longer producing food when waste water was full, changed the farm cfgs from

RecipeOutputs = Food,3.5583508716438951117681830854277,False,WasteWater,0.200,False

to

RecipeOutputs = Food,3.5583508716438951117681830854277,False,WasteWater,0.200,True

and the problem was solved.

Thanks for this. I was having a similar problem with the farms no longer producing food when waste water was full, changed the farm cfgs from

RecipeOutputs = Food,3.5583508716438951117681830854277,False,WasteWater,0.200,False

to

RecipeOutputs = Food,3.5583508716438951117681830854277,False,WasteWater,0.200,True

and the problem was solved.

Have not run into that one yet...or if I did I didn't know it lol...but now I wont :D

Edit. Realized why I have not had this problem...I'm always recycling the wastewater lol

Edited by Shalidor

Man....still can't get Civ to work. Here was my latest attempt.....still no go on the farms.........

Made sure no resources were full

kt2A2H9.png

Activated farm and all right menu options. Farm always says "no inputs" and Recycler always says "no space".

FSFL0eJ.png

After 8 days the apartment says this. Even after 20 days, 50 days, etc.

z7Z89ix.png

If anyone has a working simple craft they could post, I'd love to try it. I'm guessing it is a mod incompatibility somewhere. I might try and put a clean install together and just try this mod to see what happens.

Have not run into that one yet...or if I did I didn't know it lol...but now I wont :D

Edit. Realized why I have not had this problem...I'm always recycling the wastewater lol

So am I, but when the water is full, the waste water gets full, and then no food.