[1.0.x] Civilian Population 1.4

michaelhester07

Activated farm and all right menu options. Farm always says "no inputs" and Recycler always says "no space".

http://i.imgur.com/FSFL0eJ.png

Ok first the simple things. in your second pic ignore the State: Not Enough Crew. Means nothing. As for Population you need to be making food (I know that is the problem) you also need space for civilians and a civilian dock to start building a civilian population. The population will not start making home grown civilians until you have 50 civilians onboard. Now for your not making food. I think it's 1 of a couple of problems. I don't know what gear your using as a center mount but make sure it has crossfeed. I put the same farming module you have with the same tank on top (full) with a batter on my runway and it makes food. I don't have some of your options so it could be mod related as I have no buttons for "auto pump, balance, and pump options. So just try this ...farm, battery, small fertilizer tank, and a control module...put it on your runway and try to make food. That should tell you if it's a crossfeed or mod problem. As you can see from my pics this simple design works.

EQkdNEZ.png

Zrup2tO.png

From the pic your ship doesn't have any civilians onboard. You need a civilian dock in order to receive them while in kerbin's SOI. If you're outside kerbin space or don't have the civilian dock your population onboard will not start growing unless you have 50 or more civilians on the ship, assuming all of their needs are met.

The farm missing inputs... I'd suspect something is incompatible as your ship has the biomass and water. The farm requires electric charge too (the stock one). Do you have another mod that uses either of these? There could be a resource definition clash.

The recycler missing inputs is usual. It takes waste and converts it to biomass. Since you have no civilians you're not getting any waste output.

It is also very likely if you activate more than one farm that one will be resource starved.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ag2O0IQABwaThQa05LakRIYlU/view?usp=sharing

Here's a craft file that shows a simple full working civilian loop. Craft needs Kerbal Engineer and Civilian Management, but is otherwise stock. It uses parts from a fairly deep tech tree so try it in sandbox or a fully unlocked career mode.

It can also qualify for a 5 man ground base or spacestation (6 crew capacity, power, docking port, antenna)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by michaelhester07

I have a suggestion:

make a spaceplane mark 2 civilian crew compartment. It could just look exactly like the crew compartment of the MK2 crew cabin and hold maybe 8 civillians with enough food to last 6 hours. Would be nice to shuttle civillians from Laythe orbit to ground

I have a recruitment problem. I need engineers so I get my education up to 5000 click recruit engineer and wamo...get a pilot...go to the movie theater...recruit engineer and yup you guessed it...get another pilot.

I worked on it last night. I need to wait for extraplanetary launchpads to update before a full release though. There is good news though:

Regolith went stock. I imagine RoverDude was under NDA for it too. It took a little bit to fix my code to use the new "stock" resource system but the civies are back on track. The only thing left is the EPL branch and it's good to go... that and updating the converter on the drill for overflowing resources.

Probably tonight. No promises... but i suspect a smooth re-integration. This assuming my PC doesn't crash like it did last night.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray to the Kerbal gods for good fortune on your path!

My PC is fine and I got the final changes in for 1.0 compatibility. It's out now. Let me know of anything breaking. I'm otherwise taking a break from modding KSP and going back to playing GuildWars 2. I'll be watching and updating as necessary.

My PC is fine and I got the final changes in for 1.0 compatibility. It's out now. Let me know of anything breaking. I'm otherwise taking a break from modding KSP and going back to playing GuildWars 2. I'll be watching and updating as necessary.

Thanks for the update :)

Just noticed the 1.4 download has lots of dll's in it e.g. KSPAPIExtensions, Assembly-CSharp. Is this intentional?

might wanna think about removing .90 from the name on the file download...people might get confused ;D

Thanks for the update :)

Just noticed the 1.4 download has lots of dll's in it e.g. KSPAPIExtensions, Assembly-CSharp. Is this intentional?

Anything starting with Assembly* does not belong in any mod's plugin folder.

Nor does Unity*, Mono* or System*

I might have found a bug so someone try and see. On the Miniature CNC, the Karbonite Laser Smelter, NX1 Laser Smelter, and the Construction Drone. Only 1 of the attachment points works. Flip them over and they will not attach or if attached can't connect anything to the unused side.

I took a quick look in some of the cfgs and it would appear that some of the nodes have not been updated to reflect the change squad made to attachment nodes. From what was explained to me in short nodes are now directional and will only work one way and need the opposite node to connect.

Example:

node_stack_whatever= 0, 1, 0, 0, 1.0, 0, 1

will only connect to a

node_stack_whatever= 0, 1, 0, 0, -1.0, 0, 1

Found an exception when checking the output log for issues with EL (coincidence :D).

Something regarding security:

[COLOR=#000000]Failed to load assembly D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NetherdyneAerospace\CivilianManagement\Assembly-CSharp.dll:
[/COLOR]System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NetherdyneAerospace\CivilianManagement\Assembly-CSharp.dll tried to
use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.

Full output file here

Edited by Kroopz