(Turn-based) Kerbal Multiplayer Collaboration

Thunderous Echo

Interplanetary strand-a-kerbal is on! I've just put someone in a pretty high Kerbin orbit, a little inclined, a little eccentric (37km by 27km). Shouldn't be that hard.

I would have liked it at a different altitude, but I wanted to keep it away from all the LKO clutter.

On a side note, I didn't even have to warp to an Eve window! (Did someone warp to one before handing off?)

Edit: It's time to play, "So you think you can drive 32 kilometers up a 6-kilometer tall Evian mountain!"

Edit: Turns out I can.

Edited by Thunderous Echo

Great :D yeah I can imagine that, but then again I have my Grand Orbital Space Station Challenge save and my career save (600+ hours) to waste any free time ^^ I adore this game and devote almost all my free time to it atm.

I might have to sit cycle 2 out. The NaNo virus is being persistent right now, and I'll need to do some work to get it fixed. I could be back in time, but I don't know. It'll take a while of testing. Let me know if it happens to you, and I'll see what I can do for you.

(pops in for a look around) - folks that YouTube link in the original post appears to be advertising a Lego film. Not sure what's happened there..

It's actually very on-topic, just pay attention to what they are doing. I found it strange too until I actually watched it.

I've been practicing my Moho rescue mission. I've learned that Moho doesn't have any flat spots. 5 out of 5 attempted landings have resulted in rollover. It's time to redesign flat and wide.

PS - I'm practicing my lander with HyperEdit. But the actual mission will be without cheats.

(pops in for a look around) - folks that YouTube link in the original post appears to be advertising a Lego film. Not sure what's happened there..

It's a joke. The submarine is an analogy for our save file.

By the way, thought I'd pay tribute to the Conqueror.

Edited by Thunderous Echo

I've been practicing my Moho rescue mission. I've learned that Moho doesn't have any flat spots. 5 out of 5 attempted landings have resulted in rollover. It's time to redesign flat and wide.

You don't need to land on Moho. The stranded kerbal has more than enough to make orbit in his little base (the top lander-pod is detachable and has engines and fuel).

I have made to it Moho, but I'm 600dV short of my plan. I may have to abort and start over. We'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I'm running low on fuel, I landed 14km away from Kraken's nest. The stranded kerbal started walking toward his rescue ship. He decided it would be faster to use his jetpack, and consumed all of his jetpack fuel before getting to the ship. Unfortunately the rescue ship doesn't include a ladder, because I planned to use jetpacks to board. So he's still stranded.

Luck for me I have quick saves!

ooooo, never transfer to Moho orbit? Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I'm down on Moho for the 2nd time. This time I'm 2.4km from my evacuee. I usually like to get closer than this, but I'm desperately low on fuel. I'm not sure I'll make it back to orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to say, but I'm still short on fuel. I barely made orbit, before I ran out of fuel. My orbiter is without pilot, so I'm doomed. I could try to revert some quicksaves, but I prefer to start over with slightly beefer 1st stage. I'll post updates as I go along.

ooooo, never transfer to Moho orbit? Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I'm down on Moho for the 2nd time. This time I'm 2.4km from my evacuee. I usually like to get closer than this, but I'm desperately low on fuel. I'm not sure I'll make it back to orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to say, but I'm still short on fuel. I barely made orbit, before I ran out of fuel. My orbiter is without pilot, so I'm doomed. I could try to revert some quicksaves, but I prefer to start over with slightly beefer 1st stage. I'll post updates as I go along.

Dude... Use the pod on the base! If you don't want to use it to get into orbit, at least use it to get to your lander instead of the jetpack.

Also, if you can get into it's orbit, there is still a bit of fuel left in the first transfer stage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.