(Turn-based) Kerbal Multiplayer Collaboration

Thunderous Echo

Ok, I'm all done. I've rescued the Kerbal from Moho! It proved to be an interesting challenge. Thanks for letting me do it. I finished with 8000 m/s deltaV remaining.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Dude... Use the pod on the base!

Thanks, but I really wanted to do it the hard way! I had never made a round trip to Moho before.

Edited by Asharad

The fact that it hasn't decayed in a year of "in flight"? That's not a bug, that's a feature.

Are we going to strand the same guy all over again and again? Maybe we should rename him Strandey Kerman?

Edited by Alchemist

I was so exhausted with my trip to Moho, I didn't bother looking for the stranded Kerban. (I always prefer to call them them Kerbans).

- - - Updated - - -

So we have a problem. Your stranded Kerban is in save file 16. I uploaded save file 17, in which your stranded Kerban is dead. How do we proceed? I prefer not to lose hours of work I put into save file 17, but if that is what needs to be done....

I was so exhausted with my trip to Moho, I didn't bother looking for the stranded Kerban. (I always prefer to call them them Kerbans).

- - - Updated - - -

So we have a problem. Your stranded Kerban is in save file 16. I uploaded save file 17, in which your stranded Kerban is dead. How do we proceed? I prefer not to lose hours of work I put into save file 17, but if that is what needs to be done....

(Insert bagpipe)

Fate has ordained that the man who went to the glitchy atmosphere orbit to explore in peace will stay dead to rest in peace.

This brave man, What's-his-name, knows that there is no hope for their recovery. But they also know that there is hope for people in the KMC having fun in their sacrifice.

This man is laying down his life in mankind’s most noble goal: the search for super glitchy fun in KSP.

What's-his-name will be mourned by their families and friends; he will be mourned by his nation; he will be mourned by the people of the world; he will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send one of her sons into the "unknown".

In his exploration, they stirred the people of the world to feel as one; in his sacrifice, they bind more tightly the brotherhood of man, or something.

In ancient days, men looked at stars and saw their heroes in the constellations. In modern times, we do much the same, but then we send poorly designed rockets to blow up in its face.

Others will follow, and surely find their way to super glitchy fun times. Man’s search will not be denied. But this man was not the first, and he will remain the foremost, or at least near the fore, in our hearts.

For every human being who looks up at the atmsphere in the nights to come will know that there is some corner of our world that is forever kerbalkind.

William Safire, Nixon's undelivered Apollo 11 contingency speech, but horribly misquoted.

Nice adaptation :) Will there be another stranded Kerbal to rescue? I have some really fun ideas I'd like to test out. Of course I could put one up myself, but I feel like it would no longer be your challenge ^^

Also, you guys obviously have your cycle all figured out, but where do I fit in there?

It also looks like you've accidentally packed and uploaded your previous save file from cycle 1

Nope. I deleted it before downloading Save16 from T-Echs. Also, how do you explain me being able to save the Moho man? He landed there in cycle 2.

- - - Updated - - -

but where do I fit in there?

You don't have to fit in, just play. :cool:

But the file you uploaded - it's a copy of save file 12

I'll dig deeper tonight. Can you wait 8 hours?

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you mean. I won't be able to upload the correct copy until tonight

Edited by Asharad

Also, you guys obviously have your cycle all figured out, but where do I fit in there?

Where ever you want. You just have to reserve the next turn in the "Current player" doc. When the current player is finished, you can download the save file and play. Then upload the file when you are finished. That's all :) Welcomed to the KCM, XRuler.

I have uploaded the correct save file, and reliquish control to Xannari. I'm sorry for the confusion and delay.

PS - I didn't rescue T-Ech's stranded Kerbal. That bugger is moving too fast for me.

You can try that if you want. There is a kerbal in very low orbit about 30km high. Rescue him. You probably needed a fast jet engine and a claw. I tried a small rocket, but it used fuel too fast.

But you can also do your own thing.

You can try that if you want. There is a kerbal in very low orbit about 30km high. Rescue him. You probably needed a fast jet engine and a claw. I tried a small rocket, but it used fuel too fast.

But you can also do your own thing.

There is? Every Kerbal on the save currently is landed.

Ok so aparrently I'm to thick to figure out how to edit the document. If I understand correctly I should just edit the Current User document in the collaborative google drive and put my name in the reserved player slot. I can't figure out how to change the doc though (or did I and it just doesen't show up for me?). Also there seems to be no user currently listed :o

There are 2 ways to open in edit mode.

Option 1. When viewing the list of documents, click on the top right button that says "open in drive'. This will relaunch google drive in edit mode.

Option 2. When you open the document in read only mode, there is a "pop-out" button on the top right which opens an editor.

Edited by Asharad

If there's no current player listed, then you are free to put your name there and take the turn.

Also, that preview thing is glitching a bit lately, swithing to second-to-last version of the document sometimes. But if in the editing window it's what you put there then it's OK.

TheXRuler, are you taking your turn or what?

Also for everybody else who haven't taken their turns in cycle 2 yet: it's been 2 days since the last turn. If nobody takes it, we'll just start the next cycle tomorrow.

And one more thing: Is there really nobody else who wishes to participate in the Jool Club?

And one more thing: Is there really nobody else who wishes to participate in the Jool Club?

Yeah, the Jool Club was pretty much a stillborn. I blame my self: had too much to do at the time and my lack of enthusiasm didn't help it. I loved T. Echo's trolling with the big rock, however.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.