(Turn-based) Kerbal Multiplayer Collaboration

Thunderous Echo

Yeah, the Jool Club was pretty much a stillborn. I blame my self: had too much to do at the time and my lack of enthusiasm didn't help it. I loved T. Echo's trolling with the big rock, however.

I am currently re-taking the Jool-5 right now. I wouldn't mind donating my ship, if it turns out to be successful.

TheXRuler, are you taking your turn or what?

Also for everybody else who haven't taken their turns in cycle 2 yet: it's been 2 days since the last turn. If nobody takes it, we'll just start the next cycle tomorrow.

And one more thing: Is there really nobody else who wishes to participate in the Jool Club?

Sorry Alchemist, the post at the top of the previous page had led me to believe that xannari was working with the save file atm.

I will gladly take my turn if it's not to late. Also I was unsure of the permitted duration so I just pu a question mark behind the finish time.

I think the Jool Club could be rather interesting, however I am unsure as to wether I will be able to participate this turn.

-TXR

TheXRuler's time has expired, so I'm going to prompt anyone who wants to take their cycle-2 turn to go ahead and do so, using Xannari Ferrows' save file (which is in the main shared directory - Save File 18 Xannari [Cycle 2].zip).

I would do so, but a) I have already taken a turn this cycle, and B) it's getting on for midnight and I need my sleep.

I suggest that, if no one who hasn't played in cycle 2 steps up in 12~24 hours we move on to cycle 3.

@TheXRuler - if you have a usable save file from your turn please upload it ASAP (I'll PM to ensure this gets seen). If you need a hand with the upload process, please let us know in the thread; I'm sure someone will help out.

I've been busy lately so I haven't played much, sadly I won't take a turn in cycle 2.

I propose a new amendment, the cycle starts to lose momentum the longer it stays open by the simple fact that less players have yet to take their turns as time goes by. So, after a set amount of time of 10 days or two weeks the 72 hour rule is reduced (24-36 hours maybe?) so the next cycle can start faster and the file doesn't stay unused for long.

I proposed something like that a few pages ago. There was no "official" decision with clearly set numbers, but there was agreement, that we need something like this.

Anyway, I also agree that whoever wants may start the third cycle.

Here is how I "rescued" the stranded Kerbal:

- step 1: EVA

- step 2: Land on helmet

- step 3: Bounce

- step 4: Launch recovery jet

- step 5: Return to KSP with a happy Kerbal.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I will finish my turn tomorrow. I still plan to hunt down an asteroid and put it somewhere interesting. Plus I need to strand the Kerbal again. :)

Edited by Asharad

Here is how I "rescued" the stranded Kerbal:

- step 1: EVA

- step 2: Land on helmet

- step 3: Bounce

- step 4: Launch recovery jet

- step 5: Return to KSP with a happy Kerbal.

Cheater.

I'm back, by the way!

Shoot, 3rd Cycle already? I'll have to think of something too keep this ... um ... KSP thing from losing speed/dying.

I think being on cycle 3 already is actually a good sign, as it means that there are at least a few players who are genuinely pushing to keep it moving, instead of just waiting for everyone on a list to finish.

As long as we allow new players to join and players who miss a cycle to rejoin, I don't think we should have too many problems.

Given that the players who missed a cycle don't really lose anything (especially, since they were unable to take the turn at the moment), starting a new cycle is just giving another turn to more active players.

What can be a risk (well, that's how my multiplayer attempt died off couple years ago) is if it ends up with just a couple of players mostly doing standalone projects (a.k.a. "I can have more fun with that in single player mode").

The funniest about KSP multiplayer is probably such situations when 5 Kerbanauts sit in a tin can and argue who was supposed to pack the chutes. ;)

I have a plan, or at least part of a plan.

According to what I can see, people are losing interest. Therefore, we must bring new blood into the Collaboration.

If you can invite any friends to join us, please do.

I also propose that we invite a famous person to join us, so then we get publicity and more users. Who should we invite?

As for keeping the current population interested, I propose Objectives. We challenge eachother to do things. I challenge that someone finish bringing Jeb back from Eve.

As for keeping the current population interested, I propose Objectives. We challenge eachother to do things. I challenge that someone finish bringing Jeb back from Eve.

Challenge accepted. Only, I have never done an Eve return... I am pretty scared of it.

I propose any person completing the previous challenge can propose a new challenge.

I will start designing the rescue mission. Never again shall I be called a kerbal strander... My kerbals at least got rescued. ;)

Challenge accepted. Only, I have never done an Eve return... I am pretty scared of it.

I propose any person completing the previous challenge can propose a new challenge.

I will start designing the rescue mission. Never again shall I be called a kerbal strander... My kerbals at least got rescued. ;)

You only need to get some probe with a seat into Eve orbit and back. In fact, Xannari's Tylo lander is still up in LKO.

Also, it's fine if anyone posts a challenge, methinks. Don't need to complete one.

Guess who sends his greetings from guess where...

f027d74a5618.png

And guess who managed to spend all the xenon on this detour...

Update:

Did Wehrbart Kerman find the source of all his troubles? More like the source of the current one. Mwahahahaha!

8c7de786e725.png

His ship is broken in 25 km from there and his jetpack's dry. Can you get him out of that cursed place?

Edited by Alchemist

What did Jeb do:

1) Used the EAV to get from the surface of Eve. The ascent was a bit sloppy, had to spend most of the jebpack to stabilize the orbit.

2) Was picked up by Xannari's ion-powered return vehicle

3) Decided to detour to Gilly. Spent a bit too much xenon

4) Bill and Bob got tired waiting for him, made a lander, took one of Yukon's tugs and...

7314b20668a7.png

There are 3 ways to land on Gilly:

a) jetpack

B) microlander

c) mothership

What? 1 AM already? I think, I'll have to end my turn here... Somebody else will have to bring the guys home... or whatever detour Jeb has in his mind next.

And, of course, don't forget our poor stranded Wehrbart. He must have fallen on his head really hard (wait, he did that! and again.) to get stranded like this once more, don't you think so? Heh.

(Warning: the place is cursed. Don't forget the maneuverability amulet and pack some holy Delta v)

Edited by Alchemist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.