OMSK Space Products - Stockalike Atlas rockets & more! [Omich-L Beta]

SnowWhite

Plugins... I don't to use them to keep my mod absolutely stockalike. sorry. So, what about smoke like in stock? Or we don't need this at all?

Orange tank (There is no need to use only one version. You can have grey and orange tank in one time!)

Also, should rl-10 has gimbal?

Plugins... I don't to use them to keep my mod absolutely stockalike. sorry. So, what about smoke like in stock? Or we don't need this at all?

Orange tank (There is no need to use only one version. You can have grey and orange tank in one time!)

Also, should rl-10 has gimbal?

I think it should gimbal. I also think there should be stock smoke. Just my opinion.

Nice idea on the orange tank, but will you create the orange side boosters, like these:

Model%20of%20Friendship%207%20MO%2074191.jpg

Could you create some just like the SM-65 as well?

Also, will create some of the solid boosters?

Edited by Astrofox
More ideas

Nice idea on the orange tank, but will you create the orange side boosters, like these:

http://www.jfklibrary.org/~/media/assets/Museum%20Objects/Artifacts/Space/Model%20of%20Friendship%207%20MO%2074191.jpg

The solid rockets would really round out the pack. Fairings, engines, fuel tanks, decouplers, and SRBs. That's a pretty epic stockalike pack. However the KW srbs work just fine.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/~/media/assets/Museum%20Objects/Artifacts/Space/Model%20of%20Friendship%207%20MO%2074191.jpg

I dunno if you have noticed it, but the boosters never had red colouring:

220px-Mercury_Atlas_9_HR.jpg

Feedback for the Atlantis Five.

-The tank and the engine are made to go together, so they should come together in the same tech when researching. If you have the tank without the engine you have a pipe that goes no where for example.

-Is the original already released OMSK Atlas going to be the Atlantis now? (I am cool if it is.)

Otherwise a great alpha so far. I am getting excited for the next release. :)

Hello everyone!

Was not here because of illness, but now everything is fine and I am ready for work.

OMSK 2.0

Configs made by Niemand

What's new?

• Atlas V
  • That's all

See some bugs? Tell me about them!

In the future we are going to make redstone and solid boosters for Atlas.

Well, the SM-65 flight had said red-orange sides:

yes, we are able to make side-things red. Just give us ~3 days.

The in-production RL-10A-4-2 for Centaur can gimbal.

Roger that!

Feedback for the Atlantis Five.

-The tank and the engine are made to go together, so they should come together in the same tech when researching. If you have the tank without the engine you have a pipe that goes no where for example.

-Is the original already released OMSK Atlas going to be the Atlantis now? (I am cool if it is.)

Otherwise a great alpha so far. I am getting excited for the next release. :)

Thanks for feedback! Tech things were fixed.

Atlantis... It's Niemand's name of the rocket, I prefer Atlas. If you want to have Atlantis in your hangar- just rename part in config.

Thanks for feedback! Tech things were fixed.

Atlantis... It's Niemand's name of the rocket, I prefer Atlas. If you want to have Atlantis in your hangar- just rename part in config.

I still insist on "Pony" as a name of Kerbal Centaur stage. :P

Having lots of fun. The Atlas V is one of my favorite rockets. I have a model of it on my desktop and I have been building rockets called Atlas V since I got the game last August. It is good to have an Atlas V that actually looks like an Atlas V.

More feedback for you:

-Main engine gimble. The alpha didn't have it and a look at the config suggest the the release doesn't either. (Haven't had a chance to try it yet, middle of career with alpha's flying all over the place.) I have found that a gibmble of 0.5 works great with this model. Too much more and KSP over corrects and the rocket wobbles when it gets light.

-Radial attachment. I can attach radial decouplers to the tank just fine, but I can't stick a second tank on the decoupler. Because of this I can't make an Atlas V heavy. It would be nice if I could.

More feedback for you:

-Main engine gimble. The alpha didn't have it and a look at the config suggest the the release doesn't either. (Haven't had a chance to try it yet, middle of career with alpha's flying all over the place.) I have found that a gibmble of 0.5 works great with this model. Too much more and KSP over corrects and the rocket wobbles when it gets light.

-Radial attachment. I can attach radial decouplers to the tank just fine, but I can't stick a second tank on the decoupler. Because of this I can't make an Atlas V heavy. It would be nice if I could.

Thanks for feedback! Everything you wanted was added

OMSK 2.1

• RD-180 gimbal
  • Minor fixes
  • On Kerbal Stuff now!

Are you going to be making a Titan II as well? And a Redstone? And will the Atlas (and proposed rockets) be compatible with the Tantares and Tantares+ Mercury and Gemini?

They are already compatible and they are a perfect match.

The Tantares Gemini is a 2.5m size craft, so the Titan II wouldn't be much of a problem.

Edited by MK3424

I just downloaded the new parts! I must say, the Atlas V is awesome! Thanks for adding it!

However, my first test run of a full Atlas V/Centaur had the craft wobbling like a pool noodle. Not sure what caused it yet, but is anyone else having a similar problem?

However, my first test run of a full Atlas V/Centaur had the craft wobbling like a pool noodle. Not sure what caused it yet, but is anyone else having a similar problem?

Ok, I'll fix it. Just wait a bit.

------------------updated-----------------------

Everything is fixed! Thank you VERY much for such a nice feedback.

Edited by SnowWhite

Ok, I'll fix it. Just wait a bit.

------------------updated-----------------------

Everything is fixed! Thank you VERY much for such a nice feedback.

The wobble appears to be significantly reduced! (I think the amount remaining is just due to my bad flying.):)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.